[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is early Linkin Park really that bad? I mean besides the angsty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 81iC+O0ec2L._SL1448_.jpg (357 KB, 1448x1448) Image search: [Google]
81iC+O0ec2L._SL1448_.jpg
357 KB, 1448x1448
Is early Linkin Park really that bad?

I mean besides the angsty lyrics and overall generic nu metal sound, they are catchy as fuck and pure nostalgia.

Im not saying they were original in anyway or really that great but surely they dont deserve the hate they get?
>>
>>64240500
Not that bad, but Limp Bizkit is better
>>
They're garbage, though. I don't know why people try to justify it. Generic, overly angsty, fake as fuck, cringy songwriting... Literally could only ever be some form of good through nostalgia

Then again you were probably memeing anyway
>>
>>64240500
ignore the lyrics and Linkin Park's first two albumss are classics of their generation

>>64240537
>>64240514
meme opinions
>>
File: linkin_park_meteora_2003.jpg (71 KB, 800x701) Image search: [Google]
linkin_park_meteora_2003.jpg
71 KB, 800x701
>>64240500
This is legitimately one of the better albums released in the early 2000s
>>
Compared to other bands of the time the first two albums have some songs that are still catchy. Why did they have to go soft?
>>
>>64240537
Im actually not memeing, I just honestly wanted to see what people might say?
>>
>>64240627
They didn't want to keep the same sound or something like that. It was something like it would be too easy for them to stay in the sound just making the same songs over again, so they wanted to try something new.

I think Minutes To Midnight gets too much hate though. I think Meteora has better good songs but has some bad songs too. Minutes To Midnight is pretty consistent the whole way through, not really a bad song unless you count Wake imo desu senpai
>>
>>64240702
Mike was the only saving grace of minutes imo. He would be better off in a solo career (that isnt fort minor)
>>
yes rrly
>>
>>64240500
if its good enough for John Kasich, then it's good enough for me
>>
I mean I listened to Linkin Park as a kid constantly so even if I don't particularly like their music or ever listen to it, it will always have a spot in my heart in some ways. I probably wouldn't be as big of a music fan as I am today if it was not for them, so yeah. When I hear their songs it instantly hits me with waves of nostalgia and in a way, that's heartbreaking but lovely.
>>
>>64241487
same its nostalgia but wonderful, blissful nostalgia
>>
>>64240537
you're an underage pleb and your opinion is shit
>>
>>64240500
>>64240617
Meteora is one of the best produced albums I know of along with having solid, interesting music. Aside from really awful lyrics, it's a great album.
>>
Meteora is E B I N. Faint it's their best song by far.
>>
>>64240500

yes they are unless you were born in 1987
>>
>>64240500
I liked the turntablism and instrumentals in their songs when I was a kid, especially Breaking the Habit. Other than that, their music always reeked of product designed for youth who could get into music but too damn lazy or stupid to find alternatives to Linkin Park. Their least metal songs were the best imo and they definitely were listenable and in a way talented despite the terribly written lyricism. However all this only applies to what they released from Meteora and before because everything post Meteora was straight up trash.
>>
Hybrid Theory was OK
Meteora was great
Minutes to Midnight was p good, but clearly a transitional album
A Thousand Suns is GOAT
Living Things kinda sucked
The Hunting Party was p good
>>
>>64240500
Nope, it's actually pretty good.
Easily a 9/10
>>
>>64240500
I loved 'em back then, but they're one of those bands that got overplayed so often that everyone jumped on the hate train just so they wouldn't hear that shit ever again.

Literally had to hide my discs because I had one friend that would only listen to a certain Linkin Park album and nothing else, every goddamn chance he could
>>
>>64240537
the wannabe patrician 16 year old "nigger faggot" who pretends he listened to bowie and prince
>>
>>64240500
Great band btw
>>
>>64243751
>not having good taste as a teen
>not starting a noise band & getting signed to an indie label & playing gigs all over the west coast

YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE

fucking linkin Park was never good
saturation of the market, play it enough ppl will buy it and lap it up like the uncultured pieces of shit they are
>>
>>64243999
Prove it
>>
it's not great or clever by any means, but there's nothing wrong with their lyricism

>>64240537
>Generic
very wrong aside from their admittedly basic, mostly just supporting riffs
>overly angsty
i feel that way most of the time but i don't consider it a bad thing, it's based only on my mindstate
>fake as fuck
>cringy
meme criticisms
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.