[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Album beatdown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: swans SftB vs Seer.jpg (36 KB, 826x317) Image search: [Google]
swans SftB vs Seer.jpg
36 KB, 826x317
I think that Soundtracks for the Blind has better high points and is more engaging both thematically and lyrically. 8.5

Seer is more musically consistent, fewer songs feel like filler and has a more pervasive atmosphere. Bigger and darker sound overall more cohesive. 8.

I've only given each a quick listen so my opinion isn't yet fully formed.

What does /mu/ think?
>>
SFTB > TBK > The Seer > My Father
>>
>>64236835
Why do you feel this way?
>>
>>64236800
STFB>TBK>The Seer
Top 3 Swans records is like actually fucking obvious if you've listened to their discog enough. I think after that though it gets a little harder to say (especially if you include live records which can genuinely go toe to toe with a lot of the studio albums)
>>
>>64237035
What are the best live albums in your opinion?
>>
Soundtracks for the Plebs is a bunch of half baked ideas thrown together. The Seer is an actually well thought out and put together work,
>>
>>64237067
The recent ones are really great but I haven't listened to them quite as much as I have some of the others. Specifically Swans are Dead and Public Castration are really great
>>
>>64237108
I can definitely see why one might think of the fractured collage esque structure of soundtracks as indicative of it being incomplete or "half baked" but I would definitely recommend giving it another shot.
>>
File: 1396781152949.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1396781152949.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Any one else kind of like The Burning World? It has a lot of bad tracks but a few of them are really great imo

>>64237170
Thanks I'll put them on my list next to TBK.
>>
>>64237108
Well, maybe not "for Plebs" but it's certainly not very well focused.
>>
>>64237393
No problem, b
I can't remember the last time I gave the burning world a hard listen. I like some of the tracks (like god damn the sun) but I found them kind of frustrating in that they reminded me of songs like Helpless child, Animus, or The Sound just minus the contrasting parts of Glenn Branca esque intensity that lend the quiet parts of those songs their enormous weight
>>
>>64237540
Maybe this is a really bad way of describing this but I feel like Soundtracks is to The Seer what The Seer is to like GY!BE's lift your skinny fists. Less straight forward and less accessible but I personally think it holds up better with time
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.