[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/noise/ the less shitty version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
bulldozer edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83qp0Wqj8-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odKgZUGIeas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ygSGgTi7Xs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPuf2adIwZ8
>>
why do you insist on making these threads when it's obvious you have no idea about noise and have nothing to contribute to the discussion
just wait until someone who knows what they're doing makes one
delete this
>>
>>64233321

Not OP but Hanatarash is some of the best noise I've heard.
>>
>>64233385
you haven't heard much noise if that's the case
>>
>>64233321
DELETE THIS

NOISE IS ONLY MY PERUVIAN FIELD RECORDINGS OF AZTEC WALL NOISES RECORDED DIRECTLY TO EXOTIC NAZI GERMANY ERA EXPERIMENTAL VINYLS

REEEE
>>
>>64233464

What's "bad" about Hanatarash and what makes other noise acts "good"?

I also like Merzbow, Masonna and Yasunao Tone.
>>
>>64233321
>>64233464
i don't see you contributing to the discussion broski, just whining m-muh obscure noise how dare people like something that isn't special snowflake
>>
enlighten us with your profound taste, almighty one
>>
>>64233476
yeah, you're blatantly someone who just discovered noise 2 months ago and is only in it for the "so weird and wacky xD" factor
fuck off

>>64233528
the intent, direction and goal of an artist and project
the methods used to pursue that goal and manifest the concept as a concrete piece of sound(or a concrete multimedia presentation in case the artist in question also focuses on elements beyond the pure sound itself)
the level of skill and refinement with which that goal is pursued
the degree of technical and compositional achievement on display through a release

hanatarash is a one-note joke of a project and it was never meant to be anything more in the first place

>I also like Merzbow, Masonna and Yasunao Tone.

yeah you've got no clue about this shit, sorry
>>
>>64233895
you'd enlighten yourself if you had any actual interest in exploring this stuff, dumbfuck
instead you're just stuck here making shit threads on something you've got no idea about
>>
>>64233917
so you're saying you weren't a beginner to all of this at one point? great job promoting the genre.

all in all, your posts reek of pretentiousness and false superiority, if you actually cared about this and had some real knowledge you'd be helping newcomers out, not treating them like shit so everyone knows you're euphoric, not because of some phony hanatarsh, but because you are enlightened by skin crime ;^)
>>
>>64233917

But you're not explaining me what makes Hanatarash "bad", you're just writing vague definitions about intentions and skills, but I see no example. What are artists you consider to be skilled and have a direction and a goal?

You think the artists I cited are bad as well?

As for Yamanaka, yeah I know Hanatarash was a side-project of his, but how is that relevant? I like Hanatarash better than Boredoms.
>>
>>64234034
>start thread because i'm geniunely interested in learning and discussing noise, hopefully broadening my tastes
>HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF LEARNING ABOUT NOISE YOU LEARN ABOUT NOISE, FAGGOT
>>
>>64234060
>so you're saying you weren't a beginner to all of this at one point?

i was, i just knew well enough to shut the fuck up and listen instead of forcing myself upon something i had barely any idea of

>>64234120
/noise/ threads have been going for ages and a shitload of stuff has gotten posted and discussed in them over time, if you had any interest in properly getting into noise you would have done it by now
you're not even a regular of those threads, you just jumped into this little chat for some reason
i'm not gonna reply to you anymore, sorry

>>64234232
generals are made by people who are familiar with the subject of those generals and can bring something to the table as far as discussion goes
this is how generals work, all generals
it's how they always worked
>>
>>64234509
>You can't discuss noise because you aren't part of our internal memes

Haha, okay buddy have a nice day
>>
>>64234509
if i hadn't have made this thread now /noise/ would have been dead for a few more days basically rewinding any progress that might have been made, and besides, the last thread was literally a lyrics dump and a bunch of youtube links from a related album, it's not rocket science.
>>
>>64234674
>noise
>lyrics

???
>>
>>64234697
fine, spoken word, whatever.
>>
>>64234674
if you hadn't just discovered /mu/ two weeks ago you would be aware that the more often /noise/ threads are made, the worse they get
it's a cycle that's been repeating since they began
the pool of shit to talk about gets drained
this is followed by people talking more about dumb meta shit or arguing over dumb shit(kinda like we're doing here, innit? WHOWOULDATHUNKIT?) until things reach a boiling point
this is followed by posters(often decent posters) abandoning the threads
this is followed by newfags who just discovered noise yesterday stepping in their shoes
this is followed by the threads turning to shit and spending months on end consisting of the following: meta shit, bandcamp spam, people bitching about bandcamp spam, "how do i get into noise?" questions which receive typical generic dead-end answers, the same 10 meme album covers getting posted over and over and the threads dying a slow death before finally 404ing with less than 50 posts in them

my heart really is in the right place here i think, the threads have finally started getting back on their feet after a truly dismal period and i'd like to see the trend of them being enjoyable again continue

>the last thread was literally a lyrics dump and a bunch of youtube links from a related album

no it wasn't, it was like 10 different links to 10 different artists and none of them were entry-level shit like hanatarash, and some random unfunny stoner bullshit which i didn't mind because i discovered a bunch of artists i didn't know about through those links

here's the gist of what i'm saying: lurk more, post less
ideally don't post at all
>>
>>64235271
nigger i've been on /mu/ since RAM was years away, if there's anything that's destroying these threads it's stuck-up cancer like you blaming your community wrecking autism on the new guys.
>>
>>64235578
i'm perfectly happy to help out with suggestions and shit when the person asking for them seems like they have at least some fucking wits and self-sufficiency about them, some capability to do their own research and come to their own conclusions

>nigger i've been on /mu/ since RAM was years away

well then you should certainly have been capable of making a better thread than this one, fuckhead
>>
>>64233917
Eat shit faggot, you're the only one that made this thread shit because youre trying to impress people on an anonymous imageboard with your """""""""knowledge""""""""" of noise.
Can't you just talk about the genre or not say anything? Why must you act like an autist?
>>
wow, Ive never seen noise fans act so elitist before. guess there's always these types of people in any scene, but thought the general mood and anti-ego sentimentality of the music carried more weight.

anyway, thanks to OP for posting the links, im sure someone will find some use to them. also to anyone new to noise, check the archives for old threads, there's usually a wealth of knowledge in them.
>>
>>64233528
Masonna is god tier
Don't listen to him anon
>>
>>64236026
no, the OP made the thread shit by making a shit OP
if i did anything, i just added more shit to the pile

>>64236329
>>64236378
>masonna, hanatarash, i could go on...

kys faggots
>>
>>64236378
https://youtube.com/watch?v=zsnP7WEOkfk
My first noise album
Still one of my all-time favorites
>>
>>64236455
and how many have you heard since then?
>>
New entry of the new upcoming Sutcliffe Jügend album "Offal" on discogs. Does somebody here already owns it?
>>
>>64236508
Quite a few
I just finished listening to Prurient's discog over the course of a couple of weeks, mainly because I loved FNF, but I don't listen to noise exclusively
Not OP by the way
>>
Who got into noise at large because of bands like Sonic Youth and Jesus and Mary Chain? That's what got me into it back in high school
>>
>>64236613
gorging yourself on someone's discography like that only serves to numb and desensitize you to what it is you're hearing until it's turns into background noise with no value or effect
especially when it's someone with a huge discography like that
>>
>>64236711
I love noise but totally loathe noise rock, I dunno how that happened
>>
>>64236609
No, because it's coming out in May.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.