[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Pearl Jam invent butt-rock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: YEAHHHHH.jpg (3 MB, 3473x2509) Image search: [Google]
YEAHHHHH.jpg
3 MB, 3473x2509
Did Pearl Jam invent butt-rock?
>>
>>64222576
>butt-rock
what;s butt-rock?
>>
Not by a long shot.
>>
They weren't even form until after the end of the butt-rock decade
>>
Did KISS invent butt-rock?
>>
isn't that term originally from the 80s to decribe those shitty hair metal bands? If you mean shitty post grunge than you can blame Nirvana's popularity for that, but they were just ripping off the Melvins
>>
>>64222576
I guess they were Proto-Buttrock, but all the grunge bands were.
I would say maybe Bush was the first buttrock band, maybe live, maybe Korn. It's hard to pinpoint it.
>>
>>64222588
>>64222576
>>64222627
>>64222605
>>64222634
>buttrock
Ergh. This word makes me cringe like nothing else. It's so ugly. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>64222628
Hair metal is cock-rock
>>
>>64222627
>>64222605
>>64222628
butt-rock and hair metal are two different things
>>
>>64222576
Not necessarily but most butt rock bands have that Eddie Vedder vocal delivery. I think most would point to either Days of the New, Creed or Staind really cementing the buttrock aesthetic.
>>
>>64222628
Buttrock is supposed to be all of the FM radio post-grunge bands from the 2000s. Think Stains, Seether, Three Days Grace, Shinedown, etc.

After it became popular idiots just started using "buttrock" as a go-to pejorative for "rock that isn't experimental art rock" or "generic rock" or "rock I don't like".
>>
>you will never be buttrock enough to unironically wear leather pants
>>
>>64222634
It's definitely either Bush or Live. Korn, at least on their first couple albums before the nu metal explosion happened, were lumped more in with alt metal bands like Faith No More and Jane's Addiction.
>>
>>64222858
Collective Soul would also be an appropriate first buttrock band.
>>
>>64222651
This. Not to mention the fact that it's been misued to the point where now it's literally just a buzzword for "rock I don't like".
>>
>>64222576
>>64222627
No, AC/DC did.
>>
>>64222659
if you mixed butt-rock and cock-rock would you gt analsex-rock?
>>
>>64222919
see
>>64222815
>>
>>64222895
Doesn't it mean played on generic nothing-but-rock stations?
>>
>>64222576
>butt-rock
I don't get it, is it rock for people who like it in the butt?
>>
Naw man, The Who invented butt-rock.
>>
Butthole Surfers invented butt-rock you idiots
>>
>>64222576
buttrock comes in many flavors and i think pearl jam only had a big influence on one kind
buttrock is very diverse and vague style
it's really more of an attitude and aesthetic than explicitly a specific style of rock
>>
>>64224300
who?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.