[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>has had several platinum records >was in a band with former
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: weiland.jpg (29 KB, 470x353) Image search: [Google]
weiland.jpg
29 KB, 470x353
>has had several platinum records
>was in a band with former members of guns n roses
>in the same band as fucking slash
>one oft he best performers of the 90's and 2000's

Why wasn't Scott Weiland more famous?
>>
>>64221035
JUST
>>
>>64221035
Because he was a fucking junkie whose life slowly deteriorated for the past 20 years?
>>
>>64221035
Timing. Wasn't as good as his contemporaries, band he got famous with was kind of shitty. Then drugs.
>>
>>64221102
Kurt Cobain was a junkie and he's 1000 times more famous that Scott.
>>
>>64221134
I wouldn't really say STP was shitty though...

Their 4 albums they put out after Core were god tier desu. Their 2010 one was okay.
>>
>>64221150
His music was much more influential of starting the whole grunge genre even though you might say otherwise a lot of people agree
Also he died at the pinnacle of his fame which gave him a legend status
>>
>>64221035

because you're a little teenager. Scott Weiland was fucking famous in the 90's
>>
>>64221134
This, kind of. He was overshadowed by some of his peers in a way. He likely would have had a bit more attention if Kurt Cobain and Eddie Vedder didn't show up around the same time.

But mostly this >>64222388
He was still pretty god damn famous. You can turn on any 90s/classic rock station any day and I guarantee you will hear at least one STP song.
>>
Velvet Revolver was a bit unfocused tough. Do it for the kids is a masterpiece; the rest of their stuff was good, but not awesome.

They should have buried their egos and made a 3rd album- who knows what would have happened
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.