[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I thought I Want You (She's So Heavy) was about obsession
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: abbeyroad5_uk.jpg (524 KB, 1600x1592) Image search: [Google]
abbeyroad5_uk.jpg
524 KB, 1600x1592
I thought I Want You (She's So Heavy) was about obsession

but John Lennon said it was about how "heavy" or great Yoko Ono was

Then why the ominous dark tone for the music? Is he saying his infatuation is a good thing or a bad thing? I thought he loved Yoko Ono
>>
Good song, though, isn't it?
>>
File: 1460952048633.png (50 KB, 747x443) Image search: [Google]
1460952048633.png
50 KB, 747x443
>>64220458
>implying love isn't a bottomless pit of suffering and turmoil
>>
>>64220617
what the fuck does that even mean you virgin? next time try posting without the pseudo science bullshit
>>
>>64220458

I've just felt that it's the greatest love song ever written - specifically how repeating it all over and over makes it all the more romantic even though It's also getting more obsessive
>>
>>64220729
obession is one sided though and is not love, because actual love is reciprocated
>>
>>64220795
I Want You (She's So Heavy) is of course a totally one sided love story - I think it's an even more powerful piece of artwork this way, it's not necessarily romantic, it can also be highly creepy and obsessive

Your point is actually a major part of what makes it such a great statement, since obsession is dangerous and takes on completely different meanings when context changes, much like the original lyrics when applies to different situations.

Furthermore the meaning of the original words can be totally negative and stalker-ish depending on the interpretation.

Indeed the situation of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" is potentially incredibly filthy and open to interpretation.
>>
>>64220944
I am drunk and bad at writing and repeating myself is a thing, but you see what I mean
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.