[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robert Johnson Myth or meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: robert_johnson.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
robert_johnson.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
Robert Johnson
Myth or meme?
>>
>>64220092
when will he be on some sort of american currency?
>>
>>64220092
legend
>>
>>64220107
yeah
There are plenty of black legends that come to mind and Harriet Tubman isn't one of them.
>>
Didn't he write songs for Eric Clapton, and The Rolling Stones?
>>
Kind of meme-y. I mean, his songs are nice, but I never agreed with the "guitar genius" part. His guitar work sounds pretty basic
>>
>>64220092
A good example of an artist who is actually overrated.
>>
He was important to blues and all but I'm not a huge fan. That manga based on him is pretty fucking great though.
>>
>>64220803
hell yea. didn't think anyone else had read it
>>
>>64220135

What's wrong with Harriet Tubman?
>>
ITT: People who don't have the blues
>>
>>64220822
Her accomplishments are really exaggerated
>>
>>64220818
got a link?
>>
>>64220837
and uhhh what exactly has andrew jackson done besides cause the trail of tears
>>
>>64220837
Well she did invent the first subway system
>>
File: willie.png (20 KB, 202x250) Image search: [Google]
willie.png
20 KB, 202x250
Was Willie Johnson he really blind or was it just a sympathy act?
>>
>>64220837
Bullshit. She was a major figure in the underground railroad, helped union soldiers in the army, and was a force in the women's suffrage movement. Regardless of the level of degree she still had a major impact in all these facets which is unparalleled for someone who started in her position
>>
>>64220870
No she claimed to. She was just a loud jesus freak that sort of helped in the underground railed missions
She was just the loudest about it
>>
>>64220866
He took part in a jihad that made absolutely atrocious music.
>>
>>64220837
Just be glad at least someone is replacing Jackson. I was always confounded at how they put the president who wanted to abolish the national bank and paper currency on the national bank's paper currency.
>>
>>64220920
underrated post
>>
>>64220837

>Tubman was beaten and whipped by her various masters as a child. Early in life, she suffered a traumatic head wound when an irate slave owner threw a heavy metal weight intending to hit another slave and hit her instead. The injury caused dizziness, pain, and spells of hypersomnia

>Tubman escaped and subsequently made some thirteen missions to rescue approximately seventy enslaved families and friends

Are you retarded?

Anyway you think Jackson would want his face on printed money?
>>
>>64220848
It's called Me and the Devil Blues
>>
>>64220977
Yeah but where can I read it? I've never actually read manga desu familia but this sounds interesting.
>>
Can't you hear that wind howl
>>
>>64220994
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ore-to-Akuma-no-Blues
>>
Gary Lucas (the last guitar player for the Magic Band...) has a tune called 'Robert's Johnson' on his "Skeleton at the Feast"-LP and that's as far as any joke like that needs to go...
>>
>>64220994

Not him but found it with a simple google search.

http://mangafox.me/manga/me_and_the_devil_blues/
>>
>>64220994
http://mangasaurus.com/manga/2887/ore-to-akuma-no-blues
didn't actually check it out to see what the quality is but for future reference literally all you have to do is google it and like a million different sites will pop up.
>>
Harriet Tubgirl is a meme I can get behind
>>
why not fixate on shit on the Crumb soundtrack instead of mythical devil soul sellin' duder?

Geeshie Wiley's Last Kind Word Blues (1930) is incredible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIsbDzMRTf0
>>
Malcolm X was the worst black rights activist.
>>
>>64221045
>>64221054
>>64221058
Thanks anons, I didn't know wether the laws of internet movie streaming still applied.
>>
>>64221147
wrong
king was
>>
>>64221130
That's some good shit famalam

>>64221176
Typically laws regarding Japanese media are a little less enforced because of the way their copyright laws are
>>
>>64221147

Malcolm X during his NOI era was literally the black version of everything /pol/ stands for.

>Separation of the races or migration back to Africa
>No interracial relationships or marriages
>Black Empowerment through ownership, education, and community building
>Ownership of weapons in defense of tyranny (police brutality, institutional failure)
>Religious moral conservatism placing emphasis on family values

I don't get how someone on 4chan can dislike him.
>>
>>64221318
>I don't get how someone on 4chan can dislike him.
He supported black supremacy.
>>
>>64221318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKYmiWiNqOw
>>
>>64220880
He was actually blind. There were quite a few who pretended to be blind though because I guess it was more marketable.
>>
>>64221318
Religious, moral stuff is only cool when it's Christian.

Islam = evil
>>
>>64221393

Do you know where you even are? White supremacy is fine but black supremacy is a scourge?
>>
>>64221467
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Those are completely mutually exclusive ideologies. I'm saying that that's a reason for /pol/fags to hate him.
>>
>>64221545

/pol/ doesn't hate him though, I've seen him mentioned from time to time and there's no uniform negative consensus.

People are always posting the photo of the nazis in one of his speeches.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.