[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ like the Ramones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: the-ramones.jpg (467 KB, 1600x1575) Image search: [Google]
the-ramones.jpg
467 KB, 1600x1575
Does /mu/ like the Ramones?
>>
I couldn't care less if /mu/ does because rocket to russia is a god tier album
>>
shitty pop-punk. I'm sorry I understand they started the whole "punk" movement, but I honestly can't see how they are any more hard hitting or punk than Green Day or Blink-182. Ramones and The Clash both have "god-tier" albums that are actually average at best.
>>
>>64218939
>I honestly can't see how they are any more hard hitting or punk than Green Day or Blink-182.
Green Day and Blink-182 make overly polished shit, the Ramones were really raw on their first three studio albums.
>>
>>64218939
Ramones are a lot faster than Green Day or Blink-182
>>
>>64219021
Green Day put out two raw albums before Dookie, and comparatively they sound just as pop punkish as the Ramones self titled did.
>>
>>64218939
>any more hard hitting or punk than Green Day or Blink-182
Maybe because 20 years before and without media asslicking?
>>
>>64218959
>still thinks this meme is making anyone laugh
>>
>>64219118
>implying it was ever making anyone laugh
>>
>>64218789
a fairly large contingent of /mu/ will like the Ramones - most never will unless /mu/ is somehow forced to be pro-Ramones

Any /mu/ regular should understand that this is how /mu/ is

Ramones is totally awesome though and I bet the relevant people for your weird request of /mu/ will like the Ramones
>>
>>64219068
Just like how the Ramones are treated now? Everyone jerks them off but what's really there to jerk?
>>
it's an essential band.

My personal entry point into Phil Spector, surf rock (california sun), New wave, punk, hardcore, alt rock, and so much other stuff. I can't imagine anyone not liking this band.
>>
They have like 6 good songs. Return of Jackie and Judy is super fun to sing along with.
>>
>>64219234
Didn't Phil Spector do some fucked up shit? Not saying it detracts from anything but his name sounds familiar.
>>
>>64219290
Killed a girl, but was a great producer so it balances out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV5tgZlTEkQ
>>
>>64219290
1. murdered someone.

2. Beat the shit out of the ronettes singer that he married. It's said he bought a glass casket for her and told her that's what he would bury her in if she left him.

3. Threatened the ramones during some sessions allegedly by bringing his gun collection to the studio.

4. Produced some of the most enduringly beautiful pop songs of the 60's.

5. Ruined an impressive number of beatles/solo beatles albums.
>>
>>64219405
Let It Be is the only non-solo Beatles album he had a hand in and even that was just post-production. He was never actually in the studio while they were recording.
>>
>>64219596
i was being disingenuous to express my opinion that he doesn't mix well with rock groups.

In any case Let It Be suck suck sucks
>>
>>64219234
>>64219290
>>64219405
Funny that Phil Spector would be brought up in a Ramones thread.

He produced their fifth studio album End of The Century, almost ruining the band.

And from what I heard, when they arrived at his house, one of them was wearing a Ronettes shirt. The first words out of his mouth allegedly was "Take my wife off of your chest now!"

He also allegedly held The Ramones at gun point and forced them to play pinball with him, and wouldn't let them leave until HE decided that he was bored and would let them go.

And even though I think the original Get Back was 1000x better than Let It Be, I still like what he did with the Instant Karma single, and John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band album.

And if anybody doesn't like The Ramones, they should an hero. So what if they'e mom/dad rock now, and you can buy their t-shirts at Sears? I remember when almost nobody knew who they were, and if you admitted that you liked them, you were asking to get your ass kicked.
>>
File: 6654934053_ee3b28bae1_b.jpg (484 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
6654934053_ee3b28bae1_b.jpg
484 KB, 1024x768
Ramones got me into music. I listen to industrial techno now, but it all stems from first listening to them.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.