[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong that I consider Spoon my favorite band? I know they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: spoon.jpg (72 KB, 608x450) Image search: [Google]
spoon.jpg
72 KB, 608x450
Is it wrong that I consider Spoon my favorite band? I know they're not that innovative or even that unique but they've been putting out pretty decent material and have been pretty consistent for over 15 years.
>>
>>64216166
>Music taste is objective

Lol
>>
>>64216166
Listen to what you want to, it's that simple.
>>
>>64216205
This is very bad advice. If I listened to music I wanted to, my taste would be far worse than it is, and I would miss whole realms of music because I'd be stuck at generic pop and jazz.
>>
>>64216250
Listening to what you want and exploring different types of music are not mutually exclusive. The point is, you shouldn't stop listening to a band for the approval of someone else.
>>
>>64216166
I've been getting into spoon a lot more recently. I started going through their discography and it was ok-to-decent up until gimme fiction which was really good. Haven't started listening to the next yet, though the songs I know off of it I like.
>>
Spoon are great don't feel bad for liking them so much
>>
>>64216335
>Listening to what you want and exploring different types of music are not mutually exclusive.

Wrong. They are for two reasons:

(1) time constraints; we're not immortal, we must prioritize, invest, and only listen to the best music,
(2) habituation; if I listen to shit, I gradually forget the best music I've heard and stop missing it.

>The point is, you shouldn't stop listening to a band for the approval of someone else.

That I agree with, but it's not what you said in >>64216205.
>>
>>64216166
you should, in fact, feel at least a little guilty
>listening to secular music
>listening to satanic negroid syncopations that incite fornication and drug use
>>
Yes it's wrong, EXTREMELY WRONG and you should honestly reevaluate your whole life t b h
>>
>>64216414
Except OP is literally asking /mu/ for permission for his favorite band to be "approved."
>>
>>64216250
Don't be silly. The point of listening to music is personal enjoyment, not developing an advanced taste.
>>
>>64216620
Except by developing an advanced taste, I open my horizons to a broader appreciation. If I short-sightedly listened to jazz and rap and other simplistic genres that resonate with me immediately, I would be no happier than I am now, except I'd listen to less.
>>
>>64216190
fpbp
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.