[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to take 2 of these bad boys. Are post rock and shoegaze
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: received_238888349802037.jpg (115 KB, 1080x1845) Image search: [Google]
received_238888349802037.jpg
115 KB, 1080x1845
About to take 2 of these bad boys.
Are post rock and shoegaze any good on lsd ?
Give me some albums to listen.
>>
>>64214868
Literally anything is good on LSD.

Which is why I'll never take it.
>>
>>64214868
Brian Eno's Music for Airports is amazing. pretty much any of ambient stuff. Post rock wise i find GY!BE too creepy and sad for acid. Sigur ros works great though
>>
don't do drugs, they're degenerate
>>
Where do people even get that
>>
>>64215054
If you want to get the nearest thing you can easily, google for 1p-lsd. It's a research chemical you can buy online but is basically acid. If you wanna get the real stuff you'll either have to know someone or use the deepweb
>>
>>64215054
On internet. Onion is your friend, it is pretty easy to get lsd on the street tho
>>
>>64214971
drugs aren't degenerate, but degenerates usually take drugs
>>
Watch Oddsac
>>
>>64214918
this. try to avoid dissonance, I might recommend Air, Beach Boys, Minus the Bear, Polyphonic Spree, Tortoise... Playing an instrument is fun too...
>>
>>64215935
Why is dissonance and drone bad? Would you not recommend shoe gaze?
>>
>>64216201
I've found shoegaze to be fine. Loveless sounds amazing. You really just want to avoid anything that's droney in a desolate way like GYBE that can put you in a bad mood.
>>
>>64216273
>Loveless sounds amazing.

Reason never to take LSD: chance of embarrassing yourself by finding 'Loveless' amazing.
>>
>>64215559
I did this it was not great
>>
>>64216318
Reason you shouldn't post on /mu/: chance of embarrassing yourself by not understanding why Loveless is amazing.
>>
Basically any genre is fantastic on LSD. I recommend just listening to your favorite music, it'll feel like you've never heard it before in the best possible way. If you aren't too experienced with psychedelics, avoid dark/sad music, though, it might be too overwhelming and make you panic.
>>
>>64216431
This. You would be amazed how easily you can be put in a bad mood by something like that. You would be amazed just how bad that mood can get. Think you're unflappable? Psychedelics will kick your ass. Respect their power.
>>
>>64216431
>I recommend just listening to your favorite music, it'll feel like you've never heard it before in the best possible way.

My favourite music is too good to trivialize it by amplifying my appreciation of it with a fucking chemical.
>>
>>64216522
You don't understand life
>>
>>64216431
I fully agree with this, though i'd like to add one caveat. Music which is the melancholy kind of sad i can really get into, paticularly stuff like Black Moth Super Rainbow. Though obviously if you listen to straight up depressing stuff you won't have a good time
>>
>>64216522
Then congratulations, this thread is not about you.
>>
>>64216494
>Respect their power.

I would ask you if you're 15, but in most likelihood, you're 25.
>>
>>64216522
>to trivialize it by amplifying my appreciation of it
Don't hurt yourself doing all those mental gymnastics.
>>
>>64216539
Let me guess, you understood yours after your first trip? Or was it the nature of existence in general?
>>
Venereology by Merzbow
>>
>>64216582
I'm not him but I would say that you don't understand how your brain functions completely on chemicals and lsd works on those exact same chemicals that your brain uses.
>>
>>64216582
Not that guy but personally LSD just makes me happy and goofy with some neat visuals, The dudes that are like OMG IT CHANGED MY LIFE AND NOW I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING are some turbo faggots tho
>>
If weed gives me panic attacks and I'm prone to paranoid psychosis will acid kill me
>>
>>64214880
Listen to Beefheart. I was going insane at one point on LSD and TMR made me sane again.
>>
>>64216778
Weed gives me major anxiety but i'm fine on acid very diffrent drugs. You'll prob be fine
>>
>>64216582
No you are just denying yourself pleasure which is all that makes life worth living
>>
>>64216692
Not the angle I was coming from and I agree
>>
>>64216778
Same as >>64216814. I can't handle more than a puff of weed, but I'm completely fine on lsd! (Never tried large doses though, so maybe I could go nuts.)

Just don't combine the two. I became trapped in my own mind and was convinced that my surroundings were a construct of my imagination for two weeks.
>>
>>64216778
If you're prone to paranoia make sure you take these steps:
>Safe and familiar environment (no risk of parents turning up etc)
>take only one tab as it's your first time
>Have a close friend you trust to stay with you and make you comfortable
>>
>>64216778
>I'm prone to paranoid psychosis will acid kill me

Do it. Psychedelics have been proven by science to be harmless and psychiatry is a hoax either way, mental illnesses are an invention of pharmaceutical companies. Besides, you're clearly an exceptionally sensitive person already, so LSD might help you realize that objective reality doesn't exist at all.
>>
What do you guys think of mescaline / San Pedro
>>
I really hate it when people say "everything sounds good on LSD/pot/drugs"

It's just plain untrue, I've heard things when I was high that I absolutely hated
>>
I hate to say this but does anyone else hallucinate voices after they smoke? After I tried it I see colors and sometimes hear voices
>>
>>64216921
It's funny you say that objective reality doesn't exist because when I experienced ego death on acid, it was made very clearly to how much objective reality matter and exists
>>
>>64216962
Sometimes when i've been really high I hallucinate voices when i'm in public. Usually people talking about me beingn high. It's just paranoia. However, if it's sticking around after the high has worn off you might wanna take a break and see if it goes away. Might be something worth checking on if it continues
>>
>>64216962
The so-called hallucinations are just another way of perceiving reality, they're as valid as the so-called regular senses. Reject the system of oppression that's telling you which thoughts are valid and which aren't. Psychedelics will help you tell apart the true free-thinkers from the sheep masses.
>>
>>64217032
Either bad bait or you need to lay off the drugs for a good while.
>>
>>64217032
>being a schizophrenic
>>
>>64216962
If you are in your late teens early 20s you might have schizophrenia which can show itself early with drug use so get checked out if it persists

Hopefully not but it's possible
>>
>>64217054
>confirmed for never trying psychs yourself

When will people learn that they have no right to question another person's insights? My truth is as valid as your truth. Try them yourself and perhaps you'll realize how arrogant and presuming you are being. No one can tell anyone else that their drug experiences were harmful. A dose of shrooms could teach you some humility, son.
>>
Shia will change your life on LSD
>>
>>64217126
>My truth is as valid as your truth.
I love acid and everything but you really need to stop believing your own bullshit. I know people like you and it's obnoxious as fuck stop it
>>
Anyone here have any music experiences with Ketamine? I've only done it once and my friend and I ended up listening to Burial for two hours straight and rolling around in his garden
>>
>>64217157
...Don't worry anon, >>64217054's right, it's just bad bait.

I've wasted a good amount of time talking with users of 'psychedelics' and I've become bitter by only hearing fallacious horseshit like what I tried to imitate here from them. So I chose to have some fun myself. Sorry.
>>
>>64217126
So you're telling me I am not humble and have never done psychedelics because I think that schizophrenia is a psychological issue?

Right on
>>
File: 5111647i.jpg (38 KB, 396x600) Image search: [Google]
5111647i.jpg
38 KB, 396x600
>>64215192
no its not, hopefully you get real lsd and not pma pcp mda bath salts your mothers stale chicken

listen to SUICIDE SELF TITLED DO IT
>>
>>64217190
Listen to fucking Pygmalion by Slowdive

It's like the soundtrack to the ending of the universe.
>>
One recc and a million pretentious drug talk posts. Never change, 4chan.
>>
>>64217100
What do you mean with drug use? Like when you're high or just after you tried a drug?
>>
>>64218616
not him, but drug use usualy means after trying drugs. Schizophrenia can be triggered in a small amount of people by starting to take drugs. If you do have schizophrenia (which is highly unlikely), you'll have the syptoms whether you're high or not
>>
>>64218747
apparently its 1 in 100 people have schizophrenia. thats what my doc tells me
>>
>>64219870
right before i fall asleep
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.