[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frank zappa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (526 KB, 900x878) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
526 KB, 900x878
How do i get into frank zappa I like his more accessible albums. I want to get more into his work please recommend
>>
I want to die
>>
What have you listened to?
>>
Listen to freak out, we're only in it for the money, hot rats, the grand wazoo in that order
than you can try more experimental albums like uncle meat and weasels ripped my flesh (my personal fav)
>>
Chronologically.
>>
>>64213494
Hot rats
Joe's garage
Sleep dirt
>>
>>64213429
people are going to write me off as pleb for saying this.

Start with the "best of" album. Its actually a pretty good compilation. Then listen to the albums of the songs you most like off that.

thats how I got into his music.
>>
>>64213583

>weasels ripped my flesh

Mah nigga.
>>
File: hello.png (86 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
86 KB, 200x200
Shiek Yerbouti is a good start imo
>>
Zappa's best albums are all live

Zappa In NY and Roxy&Elsewhere are awesome.

It's heretical, but the posthumous live albums are good too, like Buffalo
>>
>>64213966
tbf that's one of the worst albums I've ever had to sit through
>>
listen to this zappa mix https://www.mixcloud.com/ramzi-jamal-shalabi/trudgin-across-the-tundra/
>>
overnight sensation is pretty mellow

i think camarillo brillo is his best song anyway
>>
freak out is a mostly accessible record. if you want to go outside that box listen to were only in it for the money
>>
>>64213979
i agree with this guy, the live stuff is amazing.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.