[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello /mu/ anyone here has some experience with record labels?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: leon-muerto.jpg (27 KB, 288x384) Image search: [Google]
leon-muerto.jpg
27 KB, 288x384
hello /mu/

anyone here has some experience with record labels?

I´m about to sign a contract with one and Im not shure what to ask

Im gonna get 20 % from cd sold. is that ok?

pic unrelated
>>
>>64213162
ur not gonna make $ on records, you'll make it on merch and touring. Think of selling records and streaming as increasing visibility more than anything. Good for you tho
>>
20%? doesn't seem much Bra
>>
if you're good enough to get signed it's probably not worth signing honestly, but you need to weigh up what the label is giving you

I remember Diplo saying no new artist should sign
>>
>>64214729
20% is average
>>
>>64214818
same said steve albini
>>
>>64214818
Diplo also said that death grips and david bowie are overrated. So lets not listen to him
>>
Not OP.

Has anyone ever printed digipacks of originals and sold them yourself?
>>
>>64214933
Would like to know how to do this789
>>
>>64214901
but they are both a little overrated probably
>>
>>64214875
well doesn't our fellow want above average?
>>
File: Cfi47G5XIAEKvtt.jpg (129 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Cfi47G5XIAEKvtt.jpg
129 KB, 600x900
>>64213162
such a beautiful creature
>>
>>64215167
I love how well this picture represents everything I hate about neoliberal hypocrisy
>>
>>64215283
wtf are you talking about
>>
>>64215338
>Margaret Thatcher wasn't perfect, but she implemented necessary market reforms to take Britain out of the hands of unions!
>aww, we killed one lion, boo hoo! I don't care about the disgraceful conditions of factory farms, but one lion with a name has me saaaad

that kinda stuff
>>
>>64215704
but modern "liberals" fucking hate margaret thatcher, she is the furthest right political figure in recent history and did a lot of permanent damage

the lion stuff irritates me as well but these are different people really
>>
>>64215793
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoliberalism
>Neoliberalism is famously associated with the economic policies introduced by Margaret Thatcher in the United Kingdom and Ronald Reagan in the United States.

It's a stupid word, I agree.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.