[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they the Beatles of the 21st century?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 1366x768
Are they the Beatles of the 21st century?
>>
>>64212913
*The Linkin Park
>>
>>64212938
what's your alternative? or do you think a "21st century Beatles" must be a carbon copy of them
>>
>>64212913
no. the 21st century's Beatles will be the ones to take Death Grips' sound and clean it up for mainstream audiences

maybe it's Kanye
>>
>>64212968
I just dont see the point of this thread.
>>
>>64212991
yeah, I think Kanye is a better fit
>>
>>64212991
implying bottomless pit can possibly be cleaned up for the mainstream
>>
>>64212968
The Beatles were the most popular band in the world

The Death Grips are nowhere near that
>>
>>64213064
maybe to you, but to me they're the most popular
>>
File: picture_2.png (18 KB, 1138x99) Image search: [Google]
picture_2.png
18 KB, 1138x99
>>
>>64213075
ok whatever

the point i'm trying to make is that in order to be the '21st century beatles' a band would have to both a) push musical boundaries b) be incredibly popular

i suppose you could make an argument for a (I wouldn't though because I think Death Grips isn't that good and are overrated) but you certainly couldn't make an argument for B no matter which way aflja
>>
>>64213109
no, to me they're the most popular badn in the world
>>
>>64213064
The Beatles are more recognized for their influence than their popularity.

And love them or not, Death Grips is the first band to do what they're doing.
>inb4 Dalek or le B L A C K I E meme
Yes, we get it, the first three Death Grips albums featured many abrasive songs tonally similar to those musicians, but besides that not much else. You wouldn't see B L A C K I E doing shit like GP or NOTM.
>>
>>64213124
O K A Y
K
A
Y
>>
>>64213109
DG has been pushing musical boundaries since day 1
>>
>>64213087
>2012+4
>still posting that
>>
>>64213087
>The Beatles sold more than anyone else
>not true, by the way
You're literally telling yourself you're wrong after you've made your point.
>>
>>64213200
m8...
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 750x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 750x340
>>
>>64212913
no

They are the new punks in my opinion. I'm surprised they haven't started some sort of huge musical movement. Unless they have and I just don't know.
>>
>>64212913
nah, it's Young Thug.
>>
One Direction is closer to the 21st century Beatles than these dicks.
>>
>>64213381
1d is pretty close to early beatles
>>
>>64213415
AND they're actually mainstream popular
>>
Beatles- kanye
Beach boys- kendrick
Jimi Hendrix- death grips
Velvet underground- sufjan
Bob dylan- ???
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.