[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Green Day General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Capture.png (288 KB, 512x366) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
288 KB, 512x366
Who's ready for some new Green Day stuff soon?

I'm looking forward to the album. I haven't listened to most of their stuff since Warning, but I took a listen to Tre and thought it was decent. Different, but decent. What do you guys expect from this?
>>
File: time pepe.jpg (27 KB, 545x362) Image search: [Google]
time pepe.jpg
27 KB, 545x362
>tfw this reminded me that they were the first live show I went to
>that was nearly 10 years ago now
>>
>>64212332
they were my first live show as well! I went to their show in Chicago 1994. I was 17...damn..time flies.
>>
>>64212248
The last tolerable Green Day album was Nimrod. All of their 21st century albums are absolutely horrible.
>>
>>64212332
AND THEN ONE DAY YOU FIND
TEN YEARS HAVE GOT BEHIND YOU
>>
>>64212382
NO ONE TOLD YOU WHEN TO RUN
>>
>>64212374
Warning was great imho
haven't listened to them in a while but
Insomniac>Dookie>Kerplunk>Warning>1,039>Nimrod
>>
>>64212347
I must have been about 13 when I got into them, around the American Idiot/21st Century Breakdown era. American Idiot is still a legit great pop punk record, even though it's cringey af for 40 year old men to be singing about rebellion and punk rock.
>>
>>64212248
Those are the faces of three men that know they haven't put out a good album since 1999.
>>
i went to a greenday show a few years ago (by the time they had that "21 guns" song, i dont remember what album it is in..) - just like most of you, i grew up with old school green day, so it was worth it to listen a couple of their new stuff to get to listen their old stuff

desu it's one of the best shows i've seen.. it was their last show of the tour. they played like 2 hours nonstop.. they didnt even go backstage to wait for the encore.. they just laid on the floor of the stage playing covers in that 'rest' time

they got a couple kids up onstage and let them play their guitars/bass.. one lucky mofo even got to keep one of billie's guitars..
>>
Green Day is some god-awful fucking pleb tier trash
>>
>>64212424
>nimrod
>last
i disagree
i'd say
dookie>nimrod>insomniac
>>
>>64212405
YOU MISSED THE STARTING GUN
>>
>>64212528
k
>>
>>64212528
gtfo kid
>>
>>64212248
Don't know what to expect but I really hope they switch styles a bit. I don't know why but I think somehow a Green Day shoegaze album would sound decent at least.
>>
OP here. just got done listening to Dos and Uno. Those are some okay albums actually! everyone talks so much shit but I thought it was a solid 6/10.
>>
>>64213440
>switching styles
They already tried that with that trilogy they put out and it was horrible.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.