[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Bohren und der Club of Gore hated and considered fedora-core
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Sunset_Mission[1].jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Sunset_Mission[1].jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
Why is Bohren und der Club of Gore hated and considered fedora-core on this board?

I think their music is pretty good and not pretentious at all.
>>
>>64207365
I don't know, I listened to that album recently and it was fantastic, really unique and dark atmosphere.
>>
>>64207365
This Album + A Cigar + My Favorite Scotch + Mom Out of the House + A Comfy chair = HEAVEN
>>
Back in my day, /mu/ loved Bohren and mentioned them often. Has that really changed?
>>
File: Cover.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
sunset mission is actually better than black earth. worth checking out pic related aswell. They're great and you shouldn't really care for the status something you like gets.
>>
the fedora meme (or at least its presence on /mu/) was literally started by a comment on a Bohren und der Club of Gore video
they are the quintessential fedora-core band
>>
>>64207391
Same. I can safely recommend all of their stuff, cause it's good shit.
Also check out the Dale Cooper Quartet. Besides the meme name they're really good.

>>64207405
>Mom Out of the House
lol

>>64207414
I don't know. I've seen it critiqued pretty hard recently.
I don't get the hate. It's one of the finest albums you can play after dark.
>>
>>64207365
It's not ironic enough
>>
Lifeless "jazz" for fedoras who can't into real jazz.
>>
>>64207656
I just think of them as ambient or downtempo
>>
Yeah lol
It's kind of a shame since they aren't terrible when you view them as more of an ambient slow rock thing, a lot of people who are into Low, Duster and Bedhead might like them.

But they were kind of asking for it as well, you can't just release an album called Sunset Mission and have this film noire vibe and just get away with it.
>>
>>64207686
I mean true but the album in OP's post came out in 2000, which is pre-Fedora meme in the public consciousness.

Do you really think a bunch of German dudes would have reconsidered making it if you told them that in 10-15 years some overly self-conscious teenagers on an internet image-board would distance themselves from their music as a way to further stigmatise an identity which is essentially just a vehicle for making fun of legitimately autistic people?

Holy shit listen to yourselves, weak memeing
>>
>>64207656
>real jazz
fuck off
>>
>>64208533
/thread
>>
>>64207414
I'm a doom jazz man myself Bohren, Mount Fuji, the list goes on...
>>
Midnight Radio is their best, but it's more of a drone album than anything else
>>
File: cringe.jpg (65 KB, 822x288) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
65 KB, 822x288
>>64207365
>>
>>64208533
They made a bunch of albums that showcase a load of cliches from film noire music with titles that reference said cliches.
That's cheesy as fuck no matter how long ago it was
>>
File: 1460651541913.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
1460651541913.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>64210177
> letting other people ruin music for you

pleb
>>
>>64210177
Shit, cat.
>>
>>64207405
>Mom Out of the House
kek

their music is pretty decent. /mu/ used to like them way back when actually, before the whole fedora thing.
>>
>>64210177
>glass of whiskey
>fiery red hair
>pull her closer
>what feels like an eternity
Can something be any more cliche?
>>
>>64210177
Looking out the window of a council flat at the local youths doing wheelies on stolen scramblers which engulf the estate with engine sounds. I take a sip from my mug of tap water as this smelly, bald headed chav slag in a dirty tracksuit approaches me from behind. She rests her hand upon my Staffordshire bull terrier and begins to call him a good boy as she leans forth into my ear and shouts in her high pitched dole waller accent ''I'm fuckin' 'ungry''. She asks ''You want some fish n chips''.

I gently set down my mug in the small space I manage to find between all the empty K cider cans, turn around to look at this stupid bitch, wrap my hands around her throat and throw her to the ground and stare at the dumb look on her ugly boat.

What song is playing?
>>
>>64211957
some jungle or acid techno banger
>>
>>64211957
ask /bleep/
>>
>>64207365
Bohren, Tom Waits, Gorillaz, and a few other artists are fedoracore because we know that connection makes sense and there's enough people on /mu/ who like them to piss off by pointing it out, which isn't the case with Steam Powered Giraffe and Caravan Palace.
>>
>>64211957
>K cider

I swear to fucking God anon, don't you ever fucking talk shit about K cider again or I will fucking fuck you up.
>>
>>64212563
Don't talk shit famalam, I'll knock your teeth out, if you still have any that that shit hasn't rotted out.
>>
>>64212584
You and me, Jeremy Kyle show, tomorrow.
You're fucking dead m8.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.