[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's pumped for new The Fall of Troy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
I've been waiting years for this. Life will be wonderful, once I can listen to this. Haven't even tried to pirate it, I want the full experience.
>>
>rewind 8 years ago

I've been waiting years for this. Life will be wonderful, once I can listen to this. Haven't even tried to pirate it, I want the full experience.
>>
>>64203713
Oh, fuck no. I hope it's no CD. Maybe they will get Buckethead to replace Tom.
>>
File: 1459832252674.gif (117 KB, 300x273) Image search: [Google]
1459832252674.gif
117 KB, 300x273
I went to their concert in November when they came to AZ. They played all their old stuff and it was great.
In the unlikely event had some good tracks but many of the songs were too 'pop'-ish for me or just flat out not good. I hope the new album doesn't disappoint because TFOT is an all time fave
>>
>>64203675
You don't need to pirate it. It's free. Although you should pay for it anyway
>>
Where to start with them?
>>
>>64203851
Doppelgänger
s/t
Manipulator
Ghostship
In the Unlikely Event
>>
>>64203675
3 tracks in this shit is fuego
>>
>>64203675
so what's it's name?
also can someone send me a copy?
for some reason i can't download from their site.
>>
shit is lit
>>
I just downloaded it, surprisingly hyped for this. I don't listen to this band too much anymore but FCPREMIX was my jam back in high school.

Every now and then i'll revisit Doppelganger or ITUE though (still not sure why the latter is hated so much).
>>
there's been some pretty cool sections so far but most of this kind of sucks

I wasn't expecting much though
>>
brings back the old feels of listening to doppelganger n manipulator
>>
>>64203762
I know what you mean about it being too pop ish. I listen to Single, and it sounds like something you could hear on the radio. Still a good album. I saw them about 6 months ago, it was great. Really great show, they played suck o matic and a bunch of old songs.
>>
"Wait what, TFOT is back?? What year is this!! this can't be true" Now. Me
>>
>>64204881
The bands been hyping this shit up for two years.

It's really been a journey to this album if you've been following them.
>>
link?
the uploaded link from getmetal tried to make me download a .exe
don't see it on ss yet
>>
This is my album of the year so far desu. This shit is fantastic
>>
>>64205031
It's a free download off their website dude,
>>
>>64205031
oh im an idiot
http://thefalloftroy.com/
>>
Should I spring for the vinyl bundle while I can? Do you think vinyls for this will be hard to find in the future?
>>
File: Capture2.png (552 KB, 761x559) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
552 KB, 761x559
>>64205060
this shit is DRM'd
>>
File: tfot.jpg (31 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
tfot.jpg
31 KB, 512x512
>yfw it's actually good
>>
Best tracks so far?
>>
>>64205108
If their first three albums are any indication, yes buy ten copies while you can

If it becomes another ITUE, don't worry about it
>>
>>64205316
Oh god, Doppleganger is looking to be my next big vinyl purchase. I'd love to get one of the alt cover presses too but no way I'm paying $300 for the damn thing
>>
>>64205284
A Single Word
>>
>>64205367
If this reunion goes well, we could hopefully see some reissues in the near future.

I'd love to get original runs of Doppelganger and Manipulator but can't justify those prices for any record
>>
>>64205414
Alright, I ordered it.

The damn things already been out for 2 hours and the site said they only pressed 1000 of them. I'm surprised that they weren't all scooped up.
>>
>>64205477
Oh shit I didn't see the 1000 pressing limit at first, gonna have to withdraw from savings for this.

Also new tour hype, gonna try to get Chicago tix friday
>>
>>64205580
I'm Canadian so I think it's gonna be a while before I get a chance to see them (hell there's no guarantee they'll even go by my area).
>>
>>64205607
Where in Canada? It looks like they at least have Toronto and Montreal, that's pretty limited though. Sorry canabro.
>>
>>64203821
OK, just downloaded it. Now I need to get out of work and listen to it. I'll buy it, if it's as good as any of the others. Planning on getting a record player, I crave the high quality audio. Doppelganger will be the first purchase.
>>
>>64205643
Getting to a show in Toronto would be about a 2 hour drive for me so it's definately doable.

Preferably they end up playing a show in London (city about 45 minutes from me), it's where I tend to go for shows and a lot of post-hardcore/metalcore bands make tour stops there, so I'm hopeful
>>
>>64205679
I'll be driving about 2 hours for the Chicago show, but that's on a saturday, if you can pull that on a monday for Toronto it'd definitely be worthwhile from how good their current live show sounds

>>64205649
Hope you're ready to pay egregiously large sums for Dop
>>
>>64203675
Aside from Doppelganger what is the best Fall of Troy album?
>>
>>64205734
Phantom On The Horizon, it sounds like a mathcore The Mars Volta album, it's wonderful

The new one is pretty high up there too
>>
3 tracks in, wish they put more effort in the vocal tracking and processing, but this is raw as shit and I'm liking it a lot, been missing post-hardcore in my life.
>>
>>64203675
I'll listen to it, though I'm not expecting much. Even back then, other mathy bands were doing much more interesting things.
>>
>>64205679
I checked, there's only the Toronto show in Ontario. but yo I'm in Waterloo can I get a ride
>>
Has anyone upped it somewhere else yet? If an album is free I shouldn't have to give them all my details to get it. No info about bitrate etc. either.
>>
>>64206615
It was pretty easy for me to get on their website. I used fake email, fake name and address, and it didn't even ask for credit info. No email verification. It just downloaded right away, no hassle.
>>
>>64205763
Disregard this poster, listen to the original version of phantom on the horizon (Ghostship Demos) before doing this.
>>
What do you guys think of the album?
>>
>>64206876
Pretty tasty
>>
>>64205734
Manipulator and Self Titled are tied for a close second
>>
Quality drops by the middle, will probably improve with more listens.

Manipulator is the only FoT album I consistently like as an adult.
>>
>>64207383
Oh damn just now listening to Love Sick and this is dope
>>
The guitar work for Your Loss made me tear up :'( so good
>>
File: 1461095866996.jpg (244 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461095866996.jpg
244 KB, 500x500
>>64206876
Bueno
>>
>>64206876
I think that it's [spoiler]_________OK_________[/spoiler].
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.