[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best riff on Master of Puppets and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Master_of_Puppets_(single).jpg (85 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Master_of_Puppets_(single).jpg
85 KB, 600x600
Best riff on Master of Puppets and why?
>>
kill em all is the album you should have dedicated this thread towards so you already fucked up
>>
the first 37 acoustic seconds of Battery

because it is
>>
>>64196990

You're already getting hate but I personally like either the main riff on "The Thing That Should Not Be" or the fast part on "Disposable Heroes"
>>
Main riff on leper messiah.. Or the main riff of disposable heroes.

Also kea is the contrarians album which is as bad as a pleb album.
>>
>>64196990
the fast riff in Leper Messiah or the chorus riff in Disposable Heroes
>>
>>64197033
Seconded + the following electric guitar lines.
So powerful.
So sexy.
>>
The main rift to The Thing That Should Not Be or the rhythm section in the first half of Orion.
>>
Main Master of Puppets riff

The bridge riff in Damage Inc is up there too

Most of the riffs are excellent
>>
The one where James chugs a low E
>>
>>64197677
Leper Messiah gets my vote.
>>
>>64197677
>>64198482
mein niggers
>>
>>
The bass riff in Orion.

That said I think RtL has better, catchier riffs, even if MoP is a much more artistically inclined record.
>>
>>64199401
yup thats a metallica song
>>
Battery 4:45 - 5:13
>>
>>64196990
the bass riff from the middle section of "Orion".
>>
File: tab.png (5 KB, 484x301) Image search: [Google]
tab.png
5 KB, 484x301
>>64199401
>>64200038
>>
Disposable Heros has the best riffs t b h
>>
>>64200372
sauce?
>>
File: 7304.png (83 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
7304.png
83 KB, 480x360
>>64201472
>>
the bass riff in orion is my personal favourite.

battery has to be the most enjoyable song for me though.
>>
>>64201526
I don't have a guitar here my friend.
>>
>>64201680
this charming man
>>
I like the title track just after the pretty section in the middle where it slowly gets heavy again
I like every riff on it but that transition in particular is what makes the track
>>
>>64196990

The bass solos from Orion are fun.
>>
>>64197562
>The Thing That Should Not Be"
that one

or Orion
>>
The main riff of the title track. I'm not a huge fan of the album but that riff is fucking legendary.
>>
>>64197677
>>64198482
Main of Leper or main of Disposable as well
>>
RtL is objectively the best Metallica album and if you disagree you are a retard.
>>
Everything in The Thing That Should not Be
Opening riffs in Master of Puppets
Bass riffs in Orion
>>
>>64203853
the Orion riff is unusual, and while the fingering is straight forward the rhythm pattern is quite difficult, playing it is not how it sounds. And then the mirroring of the riff in the lead makes it into a complete piece.

The Thing riff, which was again unusual in it's down tuning is from the gut, it's so heavily palm muted it's less notes and more crunch. Contained aggression. And a hark back in sound to And Justice.
>>
>>64196990
Rust in Peace is still better than anything Metallica ever released.
>>
>>64197677
kea has the best riffs thanks to based dave
>>
>>64203881
It's like a remix of war pigs
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.