[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ultralight beams and no more parties in la are the only good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: flop.jpg (68 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
flop.jpg
68 KB, 620x620
ultralight beams and no more parties in la are the only good songs. everything else is like 3/10 filler
>>
Pretty much agree. I wouldn't say all of the other songs were that bad, but they definitely weren't good.
>>
This album is garbage and I really enjoy listening to it.

I've talked to a lot of others who feel the same. I'm not really sure how it works.
>>
>>64195740
I like this album
>>
>>64195740
I thought that Fade and 30 Hours had potential, but were underdone.

Otherwise it was like listening to 5 different albums at once. Maybe Kanye's got multiple personality disorder and he had different personas working on different tracks. 4/10, easily his worst.
>>
>>64195740

REAL FRIENDS

HOW MANY OF US?

HOW MANY JEALOUS?

REAL FRIENDS
>>
FATHER STRETCH MY ASS
>>
>>64195893
it's because the album is actually good and you're just saying it's garbage to look cool.
>>
>>64196947
its insanely flawed. That's the thing. I identify the flaws, they're flaws I wouldn't forgive on other albums, but I still like this one a lot.
>>
Ultralight Beam is the most overrated, Chance's verse was the only good part. Real Friends and Mama's Boyfriend were awesome.
>>
>>64197006
Mama's Boyfriend isn't on the album.
>>
>>64195740
You're objectively wrong
>>
Its a 7/10. Solid but some duds (eg. lowlights wtf?) Not as good as MBDTF or Yeezus
>>
>>64197368
Better than Yeezus for sure
>>
>>64197346
Wait what? Its on the version I have. Why did he remove one of the objectively best tracks?
>>
>>64197368
Why do people hate low lights so much?
>>
>>64197416
I've been listening to the album each version since the Yeezy live reveal thing and that song has never been anywhere near that album. Weird.
>>
File: Capture.png (294 KB, 1888x312) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
294 KB, 1888x312
>>64197438
This is what I got from the /mu/ archive a couple weeks after release
>>
File: file.png (12 KB, 485x726) Image search: [Google]
file.png
12 KB, 485x726
>>64197507
Yea that's not the album. Its parts of the album mixed with some of the original leaks from the album that were cut + other leaked kanye songs.
>>
>>64197554
Weird. Well the second half of what I have is way better than the first half so I'll just keep what I got. Update me when a no-trap version comes out.
>>
>>64196779
Batman v Superman of music this year?
>>
>>64196974
It's good despite the flaws, then? It doesn't have to be really good or garbage, it really just ranges of me to pretty good with some high points, but it's still enjoyable
>>
>>64196974
That's how I feel about Yeezus, but Yeezus felt complete and filler-free.
>>
>>64197865
I don't even find Yeezus particularly flawed honestly. Most of the tracks have great production, and they don't overstay their welcome. Lyrically its no worse than some of the shit Kanye had sung in the past, its just a little more abrasive. Songs like Hold My Liquor and Blood on the Leaves are too good to just disregard.

Its Kanye's tightest album like you mention (filler-free), and its fully realized.

Yeezus was attacked because people got it in their head that Kanye was trying to be Death Grips.

Kanye was probably influenced by Death Grips sure, but come on. Kanye makes albums about what he's currently experiencing in his life. At the time he was traveling a lot and going to European fashion shows quite a bit. That culture is exactly what Yeezus sounds like. Everything about the album screams the culture surrounding the fashion industry/a fashion show you would see in Paris.

He doesn't sample much, and it wasn't as poppy as people expected. In retrospect its a pretty great album.
>>
>>64197968
I understand that pretty much every element of the music is important to the album, but I'm not gonna pretend that Chief Keef and those airhorns and some of those lyrics aren't just total shit.
>>
I just listened to it again, and personally I think my rating would be somewhere in the vicinity of 6-7/10. Parts of it just feel somewhat lazy on Kanye's part
>>
BEAUTIFUL MONEY UH UH
>>
>>64196974

It's Kanye's White Album. I wish it was longer.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.