[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newb question but where is the best place to download flac albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: FLAC-black-icon.png (21 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
FLAC-black-icon.png
21 KB, 256x256
I cant seem to find shit on the pirate bay
>>
w h a t c d
h
a
t
c
d
>>
>>64193559
yeah waffles and what.cd are the best places on the internet to download flac music period
>>
>>64193559
how about don't because flac is a fucking scam
>>
>>64193879
I didnt want to make the title too long, eithef flac or 320 mp3 I know its somewhat overrated
>>
Rutracker
>>
File: 1460682957764.jpg (52 KB, 742x720) Image search: [Google]
1460682957764.jpg
52 KB, 742x720
>>64193879
FLAC cannot be a scam as it is free as in freedom
>>
>>64193879
320 is the scam. All the bloat without the quality. FLAC is a lossless rip, even SuperAudio CD's can be compressed with FLAC.

FLAC, V0, or kill yourself.
>>
>>64193965
FLAC is a scam.
It was developed by Western Digital in partnership with Seagate in order to sell more hard-drives.
It's not possible to tell the difference between 320 and FLAC just a waste of space.
>>
rutracker. I forget how to create an account but it's probably easy to look up a guide for that. Then all you need to know is that the third link at the top is "Search"
>>
>>64193559
>He fell for the flac meme
You know people can't really spot the difference right?
There have been experiments done and people got called on their bullshit. Even so called experts couldn't notice the difference between different formats.
>>
>>64193965
>>64194000
flac fags are the biggest suckers lmao
>>
>>64194257
Yes, I do. And the reason I argue is the absolute saturation of unnecessarily bloated 320kbps uploads. If you want to save space, go mp3 v2. For audio quality, stick with a compressed, exact replica of the CD audio.
>>
>>64194257
Enjoy your shitty mp3s, in some years they will lose a lot of their bytes and it will sound like shit. Unless of course, you keep your hard drive in a cool place.
>>
>>64193713

Yep. What.CD.

If you don't have someone to invite you , you can study for an interview, and get in that way. Kind of a pain in the ass, but it can work. I did it, failed the first time, but passed the second time. Also, I had "ratio references" from severl private trackers. I think they would have let me in without them though.
>>
>listen to album in MP3
>if I like it I buy it on vinyl then rip it
>if I don't like it I don't but it on vinyl

Flac neckbeards BTFO
>>
what.cd is objectively the best place to go for FLAC music but rutracker is the best alternative if you can't get in

In the mean time, study up and do the interview, scrub.
>>
>>64194407
you tried at least
>>
>>64194430

Vinyl rips are so fucking stupid.

Vinyl is mastered from digital files (EVERYTHING is recorded digitally, has been for ages).

You seriously think that going through the crazy chain of moving to vinyl, and then ripping the vinyl is going to somehow create a file that is better than the original?

It is impossible. You go from D to A, then crazy EQ before cutting vinyl. Then crazy EQ after coming off the vinyl.

And what about your turntable, preamp, tone arm, cartridge? Unless everything is perfect, you're going to lose fidelity. Even is it IS all perfect, you still get vinyl surface noise.

And then you convert from A back to D, which degrades the quality further.

You, sir, are a grade A idiot for thinking that vinyl sounds better.
>>
>>64194586

But Exigo is objectively the best.
>>
>>64194407
Hhahahaha, how was this meme called? velodensity or something...
>>
P E D R O ' S
>>
>>64194598
Can't you master something in vinyl tho?
>>
>>64194598
>Vinyl is mastered from digital files
dude
you know that vinyl has been around since before digital recording
right?
>>
>>64194063
Your tinfoil is showing
>>
>>64194628
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rotational+Velocidensity

>>64194598
Thank you for your sanity. Vinyl rip is the biggest ripoff going. Too much lost in all the transferring. Not everything is recorded and/or mastered digitally, though.
>>
>>64194803
>tfw your friend samples directly from vinyl because it "sounds better"
>listens to vinyl because "it's how the artist intended it to sound"
>>
why you heff to be so mad about what people wanna listen to guys ;_;
>>
rutracker.org

There's been a bunch of albums that I've found in .flac that I didn't even think they'd have an .mp3 version.
>>
>>64194831
I stated it above, too many 150MB, bloated 320 uploads. v2 is like half that, and virtually the same quality. If you want quality though, get the CD audio (compressed, of course), stop fencesitting you fucks. The only reason 320 is offered as a legal d/l option is ALAC failed horribly
>>
>>64195122
that didn't answer my question at all
>>
File: dltiers.png (710 KB, 929x1584) Image search: [Google]
dltiers.png
710 KB, 929x1584
>>
File: thom_yorke-ok-kid.jpg (48 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
thom_yorke-ok-kid.jpg
48 KB, 280x400
>>64195306
>Spotify
>God teir
>>
Just for the sake of asking, at what quality preset does ogg vorbis sound transparent? When putting stuff on my phone, I usually convert from FLAC to q3. I'm starting to prefer it to mp3 just because it sounds better at lower bitrates.
>>
>>64193559
FLAC is for fags. It takes over 9000 GB just to store one song for an almost undetectable improvement in audio quality which most audiophiles can't even determine! Also what is

L O S S L E S S C O M P R E S S I O N.
>>
>>64195871
what's losless compression?
>>
>>64195403
man its getting better and better all the time. Lots of smaller artist are releasing their stuff there. And lots of essential big artists are there.

Its just really convenient since you dont have to deal with the hassle of downloading and organizing music on your computer.

Its not perfect tho
>>
>>64195306
rutracker is good tier

soulseek should be on a tier of its own because it sucks and is really important for anyone with non entry level taste at the same time
>>
i personally just use flac because it comforts me to know i have the highest quality available. even though it's near impossible to tell the difference, why wouldn't you just have the highest quality possible?
>>
>>64196011
>implying I organize the music on my computer
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.