[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do people praise the album on the left but shit on the album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
why do people praise the album on the left but shit on the album on the right?
>>
Intent and poptimism. if arctic monkeys, an alternative rock band, make an OK record that comes off as too poppy, than it is bad. If carly Rae, a synth-pop artist, makes an OK record, than it can encapsulate unlimited cheesiness, and bubblegum-ness, and we all will respect that as her INTENT.
>>
>>64192549

LITERALLY THIS I'M FUCKING TIRED OF /mu/ SOMETIMES
>>
>>64192549
I love both albums.
>>
the production and melodies on Emotion are MILES ahead of even the best parts of AM
>>
>>64192873
Can we stop pretending this? The production is good but the rest is pretty unremarkable.
>>
waifufaggots
>>
>>64192549
The real reason is that people can jerk it to Carly Rae but not Arctic monkeys
It's the same reason there are always Taylor Swift, Grimes, and Kpop threads
If a male put that music out it would be pretty much universally panned on /mu/
>>
>>64192549
why does /mu/ praise Drake and Young Thug but shit on Nickelback when they're all just as cheesy and untalented
>>
>>64192950
I like emotion cause its catchy and poppy. I hate am because of that nu indie vibe.
>>
File: 1458240859371.jpg (40 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1458240859371.jpg
40 KB, 500x366
I think Emotion suffers from overproduction, everything is too polished. AM is a pretty good rock album but one of their least memorable releases music wise. I think Carly has potential to release a true pop masterpiece while Arctic Monkeys creative output peaked on Humbug.
>>
Because AM tried too hard to be something it isn't. It isn't nearly as deep, edgy, or "indie" as it presents itself to be. Emotion isn't great, but it didn't try to be great. It didn't try to be something it wasn't, and that's respectable
>>
>>64192549
I don't know, they're both 6/10 albums.
>>
It makes no sense. Personally, I shit on both.
>>
>>64193118
So you're saying an artist has to stuck with what he already set itself as? That's dumb as fuck. I like how AM tried new stuff, although they lost a bit of their personality in the process. At least it was better than Suck It And See, an album that technically sounds like Arctic Monkeys but is just unremarkable in every way.
>>
>>64193360
Not at all what I said. It's fine if an artist wants to branch out and try someting new, but AM is trying too hard to be cool and "indie". And it failed miserably, that's why I dislike it
>>
cuz left is good and right is meme shit
>>
Both are mediocre. Arctic monkeys got popular and are a rock band so people who hate on them think that it gives their taste an edge. In the other hand people make crj's album better than it is because of retarded poptimism.
>>
>>64193493
They didn't try to be "indie". They did try to be 2cool4school, evidenced by Alex Turner's recent 50's all-american gigolo behaviour and aesthetic. But soundwise, they just incorporated a more rythmic, sometimes minimal approach and a more sensual atmosphere. I can see how one can take it as trying too hard. However, in AM's case, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't imo. It''s just not a very good example of trying too hard.
>>
>>64192778
FP,BP
>>
>>64193515
i think you mean the other way around
>>
>>64192809
my man
>>
Both are shit
>>
>Defending AM
Kek, smfh.
>>
>>64192959
This is true.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.