[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 551939f3c3a8c_piero_scaruffi.jpg (7 KB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
551939f3c3a8c_piero_scaruffi.jpg
7 KB, 200x195
> Radiohead, the most hyped and probably the most over-rated band of the decade, upped the ante for studio trickery. They had begun as third-rate disciples of the Smiths, and albums such as Pablo Honey (1993) and The Bends (1995) that were cauldrons of Brit-pop cliches. Then OK Computer (1997) happened and the word "chic" took on a new meaning. The album was a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music).

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64190054
He meant that Radiohead are, RIGHTFULLY, mind you, overrated, cliché, and tricking listeners into thinking what they're consuming is on the edge of rock as we know it.
>>
He says that they havent experimented with music and that they just make pop with good studio production.Retarded IMO
>>
all of that is correct but it is worth noting that OKC isn't really pretending to be anything more complex than mellow pop music, the fans gave it that significance
>>
>>64190054
This guy is so stupid. Radiohead was never trying to be avant-garde with OK Computer. Not even the fans think it's avant-garde.
>>
As a fan, I think Radiohead IS overrated... --with the exception of one ginormous anomaly known as "In Rainbows".

I think that album is deserving of all the praise it gets.
>>
100% correct
>>
>>64190437
Are you fucking kidding? In Rainbows is one of the weakest Radiohead albums.
>>
>>64190437
Agreed. In rainbows>okc
>>
>>64190496
You sir, are retarded.
>>
>>64190496
bait?

reckoner? house of cards? all i need? that fucking first song i always forget the name of?

the entire album is one single after another
>>
Radiohead never fucking pretended to be avant-garde, what the fuck? They just incorporated their influences into their music and made them more accessible. How come lots of other bands do that yet Radiohead, for being popular, are the only ones who get shit for it?
>>
>>64190054
>rates Fear Factory, Dream Theater, Korn and Guns N roses albums higher than OK Computer and Kid A

lol
>>
>>64190683
>scared of manly music
bitch boi
>>
>>64190683
>Fear Factory
>bad
>>
>>64190780
>>64190831
Scaruffi drones, ladies and gentlemen!
>>
>>64190780
>manly music
puberty will hit you some day Aiden
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.