[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys keep it up? I've been playing for about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: mondial_classic_15th_1.jpg (84 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
mondial_classic_15th_1.jpg
84 KB, 900x600
How do you guys keep it up? I've been playing for about 10 years and I until about a year ago, I was able to just sit around and play to music by ear or make up random stuff and it always sounded good. Now I'm getting bored of everything, not just what I play but all the music I listen to sounds boring and lifeless to me. I still have a deep love for guitar and music in general but the spark isn't there like it used to be.

What do I do? Should I just kill myself now?
>>
probably just kill yourself desu.

if you havn't learned theory, that would open up new dimensions for the music you make and a different appreciation for the music you listen to.
>>
>>64189996
I already did that when I was starting off. I'm really good and used to always get people saying stuff like "holy shit was that you? I thought it was a cd" and have even had people tell me I'm the best guitarist they know and constantly get offers to be in bands.

It all just kinda shut off around last summer though
>>
you just need to find inspiration. My guitar playing was stagnating a bit in college because of all my studying (stem fag). But I took jazz guitar to fulfill an elective and started listening to a lot more music. I learned scales and I've been writing lots of new stuff.

Try to not sound good, try writing experimental or noise rock to mix things up, I dunno.

I don't know what inspires you. I would tell you if I knew what it was.
>>
>>64190122
Definitely kill yourself.
>>
>>64189847
If you need to constantly challenge yourself, try looking into study pieces or make up some exercises of your own.
>>
File: _c565471_image_0.jpg (41 KB, 472x404) Image search: [Google]
_c565471_image_0.jpg
41 KB, 472x404
>>64189847
You have bipolar disorder, see a shrink for some lithium before its too late.
>>
>>64189847

sometimes taking a break for a while helps- put it down for a few weeks- go do something else- take a trip or something...then when come back you might be able to break thru to a new level...its happened to me a couple of times.
>>
I'm 25 years old. Been playing since I was 14. In the teenage years, I would just look up tabs, and could play probably hundreds of riffs and licks and parts of songs, but now, I try to play songs out, more thoroughly. I've forgotten so much, it's crazy, but my playing dynamics, and general playing ability is at it's peak.
>>
I fixed my guitar/ soldered my input jack.

I AM THE GREATEST HUMAN BEING ON THIS PLANET
>>
WHy should/ shouldn't I buy this RIGHT NOW
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/msg/5547136025.html
>>
>>64191307
>https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/msg/5547136025.html
Make sure to ask about that scratch above the bridge pickup. I'm not sure if just a thumb can do that (but then again my bass has a pleb poly coat).
>>
That doesn't bug me at all. Well he said he's had it for 4 years. Doesn't know what the control knobs are for... I had a SR400, sometimes I miss the bass, but the action was TOO low, and would just clank the strings across the frets.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.