[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions needing answers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (848 KB, 1605x2022) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
848 KB, 1605x2022
Hey /mu/
/b/fag here
After years of browsing /b/ it's starting to get stale and everyone is a fuckong normalfag
So I'm trying to find a new board to go in and I decided to come here
So I have a few questions about this board because I have done some research but id rather have first hand experience
>are neutral milk hotel just a meme
I listened to In an aeroplane over the sea and they seem pretty good but is liking them just a meme
>are death grips just a meme
I know what deathgrips are and I really like them but do you guys only listen to them ironically
>vaporwave
I understand what it is and I like some songs by Macintosh plus but is it just a meme or...
>how does browse /mu/
Any tips on where to start on this board?

>I know who frank is and he was the influence for coming here
>please don't rape me harder than /b/ did
>pic somewhat related
>>
According to my experience on /mu/ I'd say that the best way to enjoy the board is to listen to what seems interesting and make your own opinion about it.
At first I thought I should listen to the /mu/ essentials before posting but it's actually useless.
Then, I tried to listen to every unknown song posted on /mu/ but it was absolute shit and I don't remember discovering a great artist/band here...
Hope this helps.
>>
>>64189825
Kinda
Thanks bud I have a weird sense of music (and I hate sounding like a hipster) so I guess I'll just lurk more
>>
Yeah i mean you should listen to all pic rel
>>
File: MountEerie.jpg (634 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MountEerie.jpg
634 KB, 1200x1200
>>64189691
There is barely a thing like "just a meme". It's, ironically enough, a meme to call things memes.

Neutral Milk Hotel is not one. Neither are Death Grips. Vaporwave is a fun little thing that was interesting to observe and produced some interesting musical junctions.

>where to start
There is a sticky. Check some charts, look at the /daily/ thread, try to figure out what kind of music you like NOW to see where to go from there.

But most important of all, don't shitpost.

Also, listen to this album. Mount Eerie by The Microphones. If possible, outside.
>>
>>64189691
just try things that look cool and try to keep an open mind with new stuff.

Love pic related btw. Instant classic
>>
And also some madvilain, talking heads, slint (spiderland). That's most of the meme-core
>>
>>64189691
>claims to be veteran of /b/
>doesn't know that the answer when unsure is always lurk the fuck more
I don't think you've got the cognitive skills to enjoy this board
>>
OP, make no mistake. Grimes is most definitely a meme.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.