[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm trying to decide what's the problem here. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 132223110.jpg (34 KB, 499x375) Image search: [Google]
132223110.jpg
34 KB, 499x375
So I'm trying to decide what's the problem here. I've got a pair of AKG K240 Studios hooked up to a FiiO Olympus 2. I did get these headphones because they were supposed to be a good flat response (no frequency to high or low). The problem is it sounds like a lot of high end and not enough bass even with the +3db switch turned on. Sometimes the highs can be earsplitting sharp and painful if I'm not keeping a close eye on the volume level at all times. Is it my DAC or these headphones causing this issue? This is my only complaint with these. Otherwise they are extremely crisp and clear and comfortable.
>>
I have a pair too. They're definitely not very bass heavy so you can't really "feel" the music and there's little warmth.
>>
>>64189667
Do you have any other recommendations to get that feel and warmth?
>>
>>64190102
The only thing I can think of is playing with the EQ on your media player. My amp (fiio e6) has an EQ with bass boost but I never use it since it causes clipping. One thing about the AKG K240s is that the speaker is quite far away from your ear; there's a lot of space. It's like being in a room with a speaker in the background, as opposed to having a small speaker directly over your ear. I think that's why you don't get that visceral/boomy quality.
>>
Might be time for me to try a new pair of cans
>>
Must suck to have objectively bad taste in sound.
>>
>>64190640
gonna jump in and rec the Fidelio X2s. They were my upgrade from the K240s (with some Grado SR80s inbetween, they were shit) and are probably the best purchase I've made in a long time.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.