[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally the only people who dislike this are racists and contrarians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1456198537826.jpg (247 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456198537826.jpg
247 KB, 600x600
Literally the only people who dislike this are racists and contrarians who hate popular music.

This album will be looked at as the highlight of our century.

>tfw you were alive to witness it
>>
>>64186906
>ywn hear 'Burnin' it Down' for the first time ever again

I didn't even know music could reach such heights before I listened to based Aldean
>>
>>64186906
OLD
>>
>>64188144
BOOTS
>>
>>64188175
NEW
>>
>>64188193
DIRT
>>
Literally bland music
>>
You can bait better than this op I believe in you
>>
File: 1459250229712.jpg (224 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1459250229712.jpg
224 KB, 569x802
>3 posters
>>
Aldean is god tier pop music. Only people that don't know music theory hate him desu
>>
>If my truck could talk, I'd have to yank out all the wires
>Pour on the gas, set it on fire, anything to shut it up
>It's been good to me, but it knows too much, it's seen it all
>I'd have to find a riverbank and roll it off
>If my truck could talk

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64188258
Read Adorno, Aldean lyrics are heavily inspired by his work
>>
>>64188258
This is the Southerner's version of These Walls by Kendrick Lamar. It's about an individual who's struggling to make a name for himself, but has to suffer all the indifference from the people around him, as it'sclearly explained in the line "It's been good to me, but it knows too much, it's seen it all". You could say that the truck also represents the voices in his head telling him to quit and that he's never going to be anyone which he really needs to "shut up" and "set on fire" before he "yanks out all the wires", a clear metaphor for suicide. "I'd have to find a riverbank and roll it off" is, in my opinion, about drug addiction, that Aldean is trying to hide from the people he love.
>>
>>64188258
He is alluding to the plight of underprivileged peoples, who are silenced by the privileged members of society. By saying he would yank out the 'truck's' wires and set it on fire, he is acknowledging his own privilege and how people like him actively silence others to keep their position in society. In the line 'It's been good to me, but it knows too much, it's seen it all,' Aldean is saying that the privileged largely benefit from the work of these peoples, and also they are becoming aware of this. Finally, Aldean finishes the stanza with the line 'If my truck could talk,' which is a brilliant statement about how the underprivileged have yet to rise up, despite knowing their power.
This whole part beautifully shows the vulnerability of the high class of society when faced with the possibility of the underprivileged rising up. It's a modern day protest song.
>>
>>64188318
>>64188407
>>64188548
Wow, this really sheds light on Aldean. A true genius and visionary.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.