[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've spent a good amount of my life making music. I learned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1460168476652.jpg (80 KB, 944x670) Image search: [Google]
1460168476652.jpg
80 KB, 944x670
I've spent a good amount of my life making music. I learned drums in middle school and later got into making electronic music. I started with ambient, but I've made everything from breakcore to trap. Now I just feel so.... tired. I've expended all this energy into what has basically been absolutely nothing. I've wasted entire years on a craft that doesn't give me a single fucking thing, and I have nothing to show for it. Yeah, it's fun.... but there's no point. I don't make music as much now. I still mess around in fl studio sometimes but that's about it. I don't know why I'm even on this board to be honest, you all are a bunch of pretentious cocksuckers that pretend to like "better" music so that you can feel like some kind of intellectual superior and make up for your shortcomings as a person. But this is the only board on this shit website dedicated to music, so here I am. Maybe I just need to vent.

To any musicians on here, why do you make music? The drive I had for it is gone, and somehow I miss it.
>>
try making music that isnt electronic
try jazz
>>
>>64186628
I don't have a drumset anymore. Assuming I got one, what's the best way to find people to play with? Craigslist?
>>
>>64186754
Are there no local jazz scenes?
>>
>>64186596
>To any musicians on here, why do you make music?
Because if I don't I feel like shit, I don't even make good music but I keep doing it because it feels good, that's all
>>
>>64186777
Not really. I live around a bunch of rednecks and wiggers

>>64186807
Maybe that's why I did it too? I don't know man. There's just a void now that music used to fill.
>>
>>64186596
>I've made everything from breakcore to trap

Well maybe you should pick one thing instead of this master of none meme shit you are burnt out on.
>>
>>64186842
How much jazz do you listen to?
>>
>>64186842
Do you feel like picking up a new instrument? Cause that might help you know, it definitely helped me, I'd absolutely rec this
>>
File: 1460216439253.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1460216439253.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>64186890
Hm. I could try this

>>64186855
I'd describe it more as trying to find what I like making

>>64186859
...none really. Not because I don't like jazz, but more because I just never got around to listening to it. I learned some ride patterns on drums/how to use brushes, but I never listened to any
>>
>>64187003
Try listening to some then. If you're really good at drumming, Coltrane is easy to listen to
>>
>>64187008
Checking it out now, thanks
>>
>>64187241
recommended album for first listen would probably A Love Supreme
>>
>>64186596
try making real music you absolute faggot
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.