[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Courtney Barnett?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: courtney.jpg (39 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
courtney.jpg
39 KB, 600x400
There's something about a female Australian singing voice that gets me hard.

In all seriousness though I think she's pretty dope and I like her latest album, it's fun
>>
not fun
awful
>>
>>64186064
Why friendo?
>>
>>64186073
She doesn't sing very well, does she?
>>
I like her a lot. Her Coachella performances was pretty good too.
>>
File: CourtneyBarnett_Forum (9 of 13).jpg (655 KB, 999x1332) Image search: [Google]
CourtneyBarnett_Forum (9 of 13).jpg
655 KB, 999x1332
>>64186048
Courtney Barnett is a cute. CUTE!
>>
>>64186096
I think she does, also she's not a 'singer' singer, I'm not at all comparing her to Bob Dylan but it's kind of like that almost spoken word style of singing that Dylan used in his early career, and it works
>>
>>64186048
i think her album is okay but her musical style will get stale pretty quick if she makes another album like this
>>
>>64186048
Like her well enough. She can actually play the guitar which is rare for a woman.

Small Poppies is probably my favourite song of hers. She could fill an entire album with solos like that and no lyrics for all I care I'd play that shit all day.
>>
Loved her debut album. Looking forward to seeing her evolve as a musician. Loved pedestrian at best.

MY INTERNAL MONOLOGUE IS SATURATED ANALOG
>>
>>64186048
her music and lyrics are good light-hearted fun, seems like she enjoys what she does.

she looks like she'd be smelly and sweaty, but a cool person to hang out with
>>
I liked elevator operator and belt it out whenever it comes on.
Avant gardener was one of the songs used for Bojack Horseman ending credits.
>>
>>64187558
holy shit it was.
>>
>>64186048
I really like her music, she makes an artform out of pointlessness. Would probably be p chill too
>>
>>64186048
I cannot begin to describe the disdain I have for this sort of music. To be honest, if I focus really hard on the instruments, shut out the vocals and pretend that they were being sung by someone tolerable and with lyrics that aren’t embarrassing, I can potentially see why this isn’t bad. But the truth is that she is there, she is awful, she is unbearably moronic and she does ruin any little bits of skill that the drums or guitars bring in. After one of my friends declared Barnett his “new waifu” I decided to check this out, and after confronting him about this absolute nonsense, he made a comment along the likes of only enjoying it to impress girls at parties. This album is exactly the sort of think that those teenage girls who listen to “indie” as an image or a statement would lap up. They’ll talk about the bad vocals as “dylan-esque”, and will break into singing quotes from the frankly embarrassing lyrics whenever they can, because they’re SO ME XD, snapping up lines like “I want to wash out my head with turpentine cyanide” as if they’re extremely meaningful poetry. And jesus, I haven’t even mentioned the accent. If there was ever a convincing case for a nuke heading right to the middle of Australia’s eastern coast, this is it. An album filled with nonsense psuedo-meaningful ‘indie’ lyricism, complete with an image you’d expect one of those Sundance films advertised as indie (but actually aren’t), mostly forgettable instrumentation and songwriting, and one of the worst voices you’ve ever heard. Is there anything worse?
>>
I liked that first single from her new album but as a whole her music is just so boring
>>
>>64186048
I really really really don't like her music. Super boring to me
>>
>>64187936
I miss the pasta so much.

Hope she makes new music. I also hope someone takes a snap of her butt.
>>
lol guise look i don't give a f*ck, grunge style Kurt colbain XD s22
>>
Not terribly exciting music.
>>
>>64186048
one-hit wonder
>>
OLIVAH PAWL
>>
PUT ME ON A PEDESTAL AND I'LL ONLY DISAPPOINT YEWWW
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.