[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making music for living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: q.jpg (30 KB, 290x481) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
30 KB, 290x481
Is it possible to make money with music for a basic living ( NOT FORTUNE ) if you have a lot of dedication and really want it.
>>
>>64185849
nope
elias from iceage said he makes less money than a bagger at a grocery store
recorded his last album with barely any money for food
>>
>>64185875
Maybe there is a reason for that and not this simple (not doing live shows etc) because i see a lot of cringe inducing artists who make decent money from music.
>>
>>64185849
Totally. You just need to be determined. Even if there isn't a local scene for you to meet people in, if you have friends who are dedicated like you is totally possible.
>>
>>64186273
Is that sarcasm ?And what do you mean with friends who are dedicated like you?
>>
>>64186418
Not being sarcastic. The friend part is just if you're going to be in a band. You're gonna want people who take it seriously enough to pay bills and living expenses.
>>
>>64185849
>>64185875
>>64185998
>>64186273
>>64186418
>>64186490
le millenom girl
>>
>>64186490
I'm going to be solo at least for now and like I said already I'm really dedicated to it and can literally spend all my conscious time making music.
>>
You're not going to make a livable amount of money unless you
>get lucky
>play accessible music
>are willing to "sell out"
It's just a matter of numbers. Even the larger underground bands barely make enough to get by. Gear is expensive as hell and touring results in it getting broken and stolen. The people who make money are the commercial artists (not that there's anything wrong with that, whatever) who are willing to clean up their sound to get signed and get endorsements and sponsorships. If you'd be willing to do this and make legitimately good music that a lot of people will enjoy (we all think our own music is great, but let's be honest), then that's the only chance you have. It's a sucky reality, but most of our favorite underground bands are living like bums or have jobs and only play music as a passion.
>>64185998
Live shows usually don't make much money for bands. A lot of venues will Jew them in any way possible, and "muh merch sales" don't have very high of a turnaround.
>>
>>64186773
Thanks for the elaborated answer.I will only use computer(yes I know how cliche it sounds)so I don't really care about gear and I can see that its really difficult but I really dont know what else to do since i really love music and dont want to waste my life with some soul-sucking work where i will have no time for music.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.