[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aspiring rapper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
No bullshit. I can write my ass off too. What is the BEST way to market my music?
>>
1) don't
>>
>>64185232
K keep me posted
>>
>>64185232
Be fucking GOAT so you don't have to worry ablut that shit.
>>
>>64185300
I'm late, wtf does goat mean???
>>
>>64185232
Are you a nigger
If you're not then just give it up
>>
>>64185337
Gayest of all time
>>
Soundcloud, Bandcamp, handing your cd's out on the street, word of mouth, booking shows. Literally anything you can do if you want to make it. Though it should really be about the music
>>
>>64185352
Pretty much, light skin master race checkin in
>>
>>64185384
Thx for an a reasonable response famalam
>>
stand outside the gas station and try to sell me your mixtape for a dollar
>>
>>64185375
Of all time??? Wow that's an unprecedented level of gayness I've achieved
>>
>>64185232
Can you actually, no shit, write good lyrics? Then try something outside of rap, because if you have talent this isn't the place for you.
>>
File: 201507_0001_cfibb.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
201507_0001_cfibb.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>64185232
>>
>>64185427
It'd make more sense to stand outside a synagogue....they sign the deals senpai
>>
Have your producer stand next to you on the street and beatbox and you freestyle over the beat. And have a milk carton full of your tapes (they have to be tapes or else ot won't work) to give to people. Guaranteed success
>>
>>64185465
KEK
>>
>>64185444
Well yeah I'm an English major...have a love for bomb ass choruses n bridges
>>
>>64185505
>Choruses and bridges
drop those. Forget about pop structure completely. Experiment with your work, do something new. You could be what's next in hip hop so long as you just want more than fame
>>
Do your best to get noticed by someone in the industry. Start beef with someone as soon as you gain any traction. If you want to go hard, it pays to constantly call people out.
>>
>>64185579
>If you want to go hard, it pays to constantly call people out.
Does it really though? I think the era of beefs in hip hop are coming to an end. People aren't killing each other anymore over it (unless you live in some of the worst shitholes of Chicago, Detroit or Atlanta) and online beefs are just lame. "Trigger fingers turn into twitter fingers", people are getting tired of that shit.
>>
>>64185579
No then you'd just be azalea banks and you don't wanna be that
>>
Music videos senpai i was goin nowher with a mixtape but now people are watching my videos and im started getting bookings

Also learn to sing your own hooks

White rapper here. Not sure if singing matters but it did good for fetty snd for me so
>>
>>64185734
personally i think you're what's killing the industry, but good luck with your career
>>
Soundcloud nigga that's where all the rappers go nowadays. Getting big on the streets doesn't mean shit you've gotta get your shit to the masses.
>>
>>64185633
I don't think it's a matter of trend, people have always liked drama in their hip hop. It's about being dominant, confident, and being talented enough to back it all up
>>
>>64185734
Thank you.
>>
>>64185771
He got a point tho....fetty eatin
>>
>>64185734
Oh yeah how'd u promote video
>>
>>64185567
My nigga
>>
File: p75657vshd1.jpg (115 KB, 960x1198) Image search: [Google]
p75657vshd1.jpg
115 KB, 960x1198
>>64185774
This. The internet has forever changed the industry, for better or for worse. Pimp C made a few interviews shortly before his death commenting about satellite radio and the death of local music scenes. Sometime around the mid 2000's, radio stations across the country started playing the same exact hits and everything started blending into one, which is why New York hip hop now sounds like the same trap from the South, and EDM influence from the largest pop hits is creeping into other genres. Sorry for going off on a tangent, but everyone pushes their shit online now because of declining local scenes.
>>
make good music
>>
>>64185390
>light skin

That's a strike against you unless you have a lot of tattoos. Wiz & Tyga & Kid Ink ain't got all those tattoos covering up that light ass skin for no reason you know.

Unless you want to be Drake. Do you want to be Drake? Because if you do Drake will usually come for you on some sneak dissing shit while pretending he doesn't do that shit.
>>
>>64185954
Atlanta's sound is still Atlanta's sound though, just every other region copying it.

Shit look at Uzi Vert, he's from Philly, you'd never know it. Wait I think he even lives in Atlanta now, and he specifically said he moved because Philly rappers refuse to work together.
>>
>Social media, especially facebook, twitter and youtube
>Live shows whether it's a street corner or venue, though venues are always better

That's it nowadays really
>>
feature with other rappers who has slightly more coverage/popularity than you do, kill them on their own track if you're good

keep doing that until you come into contact with someone higher up who's heard of you and so on

rinse and repeat, will probably be a year at least before you're eating
>>
>>64185232

If you aren't making music as much as possible to the point were it's hardly fun then just end all right now
>>
>>64185954
Eh, I don't know. West Coast music still sounds like West Coast music. Chicago has their own drill style. Atlanta has their trap style. Toronto has the OVO R&B sound. I think local scenes are huge, it's just that local music and local styles aren't making it to the radio anymore. A sound like "Nothin but a G thang" isn't going to get spins across the country now, but it will still be huge in LA
>>
If you'er not moderately rich and don't already have an in with a studio you're fucked.
>>
>>64189229
>. Toronto has the OVO R&B sound.

Drake doesn't like sharing that unless you're signed to him.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.