[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you say this is an accurate review of a Death Grips show /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: combine_images.jpg (1 MB, 1067x1101) Image search: [Google]
combine_images.jpg
1 MB, 1067x1101
Would you say this is an accurate review of a Death Grips show /mu/?
>>
>>64184738
bump
>>
you need to learn how to camouflage lack of substance better; look at grimes coachella reviews that people get paid to write
>>
>>64185246
what do you mean
>>
>>64184738
It seems like just a prolonged statement of the very obvious: Death Grips is music for people who care about image and aggression more than musical substance and their live shows are just a celebration of this.
>>
>>64186373
this
>>
yknow
>>
review
>>
>>64186373
The image of Death Grips isn't really that appealing anymore since it's been taken over my memes though.
>>
Was this the first time this writer had ever been to a show where people did anything besides just standing their nodding their heads? Because from the footage of it I saw, it just looked a normal, rowdy concert, but from the way it's described here, you'd think multiple people were killed while the show devolved into a Mad Max/Thunderdome-like hellscape.
>>
>>64187145
>as more and more people became anxious and impatient, audience members began pushing and shoving and creating an almost-mosh pit
>an absolutely obnoxious guy up on the balcony kept screaming "SPREAD EAGLE ACROSS THE BLOCK."
the crowd at this show sounded fucking unbearable
>>
>>64187171
nah, I was at this show, too. the footage of the concert on YouTube doesn't NEARLY capture the true insanity of the crowd that night. it was as insane as the writer described. it was unlike any fucking mosh pit i've ever seen at a show.
>>
>>64187177
>as more and more people became anxious and impatient, audience members began pushing and shoving and creating an almost-mosh pit
That didn't really happen, at least where I was.
>an absolutely obnoxious guy up on the balcony kept screaming "SPREAD EAGLE ACROSS THE BLOCK."
Yeah that happened. I didn't eve realize that's what he was saying though. Thought it was some random screamo reference. I wasn't that annoyed by it honestly.
When some guys started to chant "Bernie Sanders" and "Jenny Death When", that was retarded though.
>>
>>64187233
>Yeah that happened. I didn't eve realize that's what he was saying though. Thought it was some random screamo reference.
this
>>
not really

maybe insofar as the crowd not really knowing how to act at a show/in a pit, but the writer seems equally out of touch.

Death Grips live is a band that would be pretty decent if their idiotic theatrics hadn't briught in drives of autistic teenagers who never went to shows before and never go to shows outside of Death Grips, let alone real shows in DIY spaces rather than scummy huge rock clubs. The crowd they attract are not music fans and act like fucking retards.
>>
>>64187171
yeah when I've seen them it's always been pretty standard rowdy shit

doesn't even touch Lightning Bolt or some of the small hc shows I've seen.

>>64187196
do you go to shows regularly senpai
>>
>>64187171
yeah i dont really believe the pit was that crazy. ive booted people in the face in a soaked city bar by accident cuz i was being torn around so hard
>>
>>64184738
the first sentence of the sixth paragraph (counting the single sentence one) reminds me of an episode of spongebob
>>
>>64187449
>the writer seems equally out of touch
how so?
>>
>>64187504
were you at the santa cruz show? why are you denying what i'm saying?
>>
>>64187566
what
>>
>>64187504
were you at the SC show or what??
>>
>>64187832
because they are in awe of the most mundane shit and think dickhole kids punching and kicking each other in the pit is anything but grating
>>
>>64189043
again, i was at this show too, and the moshing at that show wasn't mundane. it truly was on another level.
>>
*moshes*
>>
considering coachella tickets are so pricey you only see showbusiness niggers there i guess it was more of a money pit
>>
>>64190811
coachella was so fucking tame in comparison to the santa cruz crowd
>>
>>64186373
>death grips
>caring about image
pick one
>>
I was just surprised they played Hot Head.
>>
>>64189459

It looks like a fun, rowdy time to me, and i've watched videos of that show taken from the balcony and the floor level.

It probably was chaotic and plenty of rough housing going on, but c'mon...I'm only going off of what was written in this show review...the way it describes it is just laughable, unless this was his/her first show they've ever been to that has a mosh pit. Just sayin', if you're going to write shit like "...moshing..in ways that previously seemed inconceivable" and "taking moshing to the most extreme levels possible", then I better read reports of people having died at the show. Otherwise, cool story bro, glad you had fun at your first adult concert.
>>
>>64192303
like i said before: the youtube footage of the show didn't truly capture how insane it was. you had to have been there to see how batshit crazy it all was.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.