[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've always been torn on Myke C-Town because he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (175 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
file.png
175 KB, 320x320
I've always been torn on Myke C-Town because he's a good reviewer in all ways except in his taste, his recent "top 10 albums of all time" is again very difficult to support: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKGsURRahUo

1. The Cure - Disintegration
2. Current 93 - Thunder Perfect Mind
3. Him - Razorblade Romance
4. Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
5. Morbid Angel - Covenant
6. Merle Haggard - Going Where the Lonely Go
7. Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly
8. Morrissey - Vauxhall and I
9. Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
10. Into Another - Ignaurus
>>
Scaruffi scores:

unrated
unrated
unrated

yep it's garbage all right
>>
>>64184597
You don't have to support it, it's his list. And there are some good albums on that list. I'd rather watch a video about that top 10 list than a video about the millions of nearly-identical top 10 /mu/core lists
>>
>>64184597
>good reviewer in all ways except in his taste
yup. His hop hop taste is that of a 15 year old white backpacker
>>
>>64184739
"all opinions are equal" is one of my favourite memes
>>
>>64184739
this

>>64184728
bait
>>
>>64184770
>His hop hop taste is that of a 15 year old white backpacker
Well hip hop is for children so what do you expect?
>>
>>64184597
Why do you want him to love the same albums as you? Really, why would that make you happy?
>>
>>64184810
I like reviewers with a range of differing tastes and none of them are a good fit to mine. The difference is they at least like good albums...
>>
>>64184797
what is the bait there I'm just comparing his choices to a more objective reviewer

there really is no excuse for picking 5s
>>
>>64184805
epic
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 531x471
>Him - Razorblade Romance
>>
I agree that saying 'top 10 albums of all time' is a dumb title and that it should be 'my 10 favorite albums of all time' but really what does it matter what he likes the most

thunder perfect mind is a gr8 album brah
>>
>>64185515
oh yeah I only read it as his favourites of course

but if these are his 10 all time favourite albums I'm hardly going to trust his opinions on other things

also he thought "Levitate Levitate" was the worst part of Untitled Unmastered so what is that
>>
You don't have to support it, those are his picks, why do you expect it to align with your taste? because then it would mean he has 'good' taste?. Because ofc the standard of good is how it compares to you solely or something?.
>>
>>64185688
you really think Vauxhall and I is a legitimate contender for top 10 all time or do you just post bullshit
>>
>>64185715
you don't think people have biases when it comes to favorite albums?, when they heard it/memories they have associate with it....etc that factors into it for people and why they rate it higher and consider it a personal favorite. It could be something along those lines why he included it. Idk I haven't watched the video yet.
>>
>>64185587
It was. It was a mediocre trap beat, go back to listening to Meek Mill you fucking pleb
>>
>>64187119
it was a fucking
B A N G E R
A
N
G
E
R
tbqh
>>
>>64185587
It wasn't him, that was Beezy.
>>
>>64184597
thats a bad list to you? You're probably one of those Slint and Beefhart memers
>>
>>64184917
>he pretends to read a complete nobody cuz he fell for the meme

heh heh heh looks like my spamming has worked
>>
>>64184597
i think his unique, yet consistent taste is part of what makes him a great reviewer.
>>
beezy430 has the best taste overall, myke ctown expresses his thoughts the best and has the most valid opinions though
>>
>>64184597
fucking hell emperor, really? everything else is fine though
>>
>>64188468
it would be better if it seemed consistent to me but I find it very difficult to predict/understand
>>
>>64188557
Beezy would be great if he ever fuckin talked anymore. Most of his contributions to the reviews these days are just "yeah I thought it was dope/sucky, I liked/disliked this but other than that, yeah man"
>>
>>64188705
he seems to mostly enjoy must that's emotionally driven/visceral and ear catching
but not shallow
especially if he can relate to it

atmosphere is a perfect example for his taste
>>
>>64189066
>must
music*
>>
>>64184597
This list correlates perfectly with the personality he shows in the DEHH reviews.

>>64188557
This. I always trust Beezy the most when it comes to hip-hop (when he actually talks). Mike's taste in hip-hop is probably the worst part of his reviewing.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.