[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/, post what kind of music you were into when you was 10 /
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 20160419_134814.png (847 KB, 1388x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160419_134814.png
847 KB, 1388x1080
/mu/, post what kind of music you were into when you was 10 / 12 / 15 / 18 / 21 / 25 ...

OP START:
>10
nothing in special, but i was a little into Gorillaz and Rolling Stones
>12
i start to like metal, metallica, megadeth, iron maiden. Nothing too heavy, just those classical metal bands
>15
start to get into extreme metal and black metal: sodom, bathory, death, burzum, pantera, sepultura were my fav
>18
start to open my mind to musical and spending more time in /mu/. Start to really get into prog rock, like the moody blues, the doors, yes, rush genesis and others
>21
it's my age now, i still like metal and prog rock. I'm getting into stoner rock, jazz and experimental music
>>
>>64184278

>9
Almost exclusively Greenday

>13
Almost exclusively Neutral Milk Hotel

>15
NMH and Built to Spill were my favorites, but I tried to open myself up to more music. I had a phase where I was really into Japanese Blackgaze.

>17
Built to Spill and Pavement made up the majority of what was in my rotation, so I looked to friends and other classmates to recommend me things. The only rec I got that I kinda liked was Death Grips, but they were never something I was extremely invested in. Started listening to Guided by Voices around this time, too.

>18
I got really into GBV. Made it a thing to listen to all of their albums, which was big for me at the time because I didn't listen to a lot of music.

>19
Made it a point to listen to everything was recommended to me on /mu/ but the only bands I've been recommended and loved so far were Can and Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, and I still don't exactly have those bands in my rotation. Guided by Voices is still my favorite.
>>
>>64184278
>10
Red Hot Chili Peppers almost exclusively
>12/13
Disturbed, System of a Down, Gorillaz
>15
whatever hip hop was popular (Eminem, Tyler the Creator, Kanye) still loved gorillaz
>18
Animal Collective, Pavement, MF Doom
>20 (current)
Gang Gang Dance is my favorite band rn
>>
>10
Oasis, Blur, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Stones
>13
Ramones, NOFX, Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys
>15
The Strokes, QOTSA, Muse, Stone Roses, Kasabian, Arcade Fire
>17
Radiohead, GY!BE, Massive Attack, Porcupine Tree, AnCo, Death Cab
>20
Spiritualized, Steven Wilson, Panda Bear, The Mars Volta
>>
>Classic and Christian rock because radio in a Christian home
>Nu Metal
>pop punk
>90's rock
>Classic punk and hardcore punk
>metal (mostly metalcore and djent but a bit of most other sub-genres)
>garage rock revival (white stripes, black keys)
>Entry level hipster trash
>Hip hop
>black metal
>now
>Mathrock
>Noise
>Classic Progressive rock
>experimental hip hop
>Juke
>avant-garde
>Avant jazz-core dream funk
>Trve Memes
>>
>>64184278

>10
whattever my dad listened, toto, moody blues, elton john, fleetwood mac, duran duran, steve miller band, chicago, deep purple, peter frampton and war
>12
same as before+radio rock and metal, rhcp, metallica, stone temple pilots and some hip hop groups like wu tang clan, nwa, public enemy, gravediggaz.
>15
same as before+radio alternative rock and metal, alice in chains, soundgarden, r.e.m., megadeth, pantera, dream theater.
>18
Anything hard to play, progressive rock, metal, jazz, fusion. Favorite stuff was Return to Forever, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Dillinger Escape Plan, Watchtower . I also was a giant faggot and an elitist trying to deny any love for my previous listenings. Also started to get into Kyuss, Electric Wizard, Jesu and Boris. Created a lastfm account.
>21
Came back to the alternative rock thing, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr, Pixies, Polvo, Dismemberment Plan, started listening to noise rock, alternative hip hop and trip hop, basically /mu/.
>25
Start listenig to hardcore bands, math rock bands and more hip hop.
>27 (current)
Try to avoid anything "hot" on /mu/, still enjoy most of the stuff of the rec threads.
>>
>>64184278

>10
didn't listen to music but if i had to say i'd be bing crosby. Sinatra stuff like that
>12
Gorilaz. I like the variety of sounds they put in every song.
>15
Red hot chilly Pepers. Still didn't really listen to much music.
>18
Uriah Heep, Elton John, Rainbow rising, Journey, Meatloaf, Stuff Tim Curry sang (he has a wonderful singing voice)
>21
same as 18
>23
interdependent music. A lot of ambient stuff. Don't really like lyrics in my music anymore. Just the sounds and the tingles and feelings they give to me.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.