[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on My Morning Jacket, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: MMJ.jpg (111 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
MMJ.jpg
111 KB, 1401x788
>>
Fuck off Stan, no one cares
>>
They're pretty good, rarely discussed on here though I think they deserve it. I was a little bit disappointed by their latest album though
>>
>>64183384
>rarely discussed on here though I think they deserve it.
Honestly expected /mu/ to be all over them considering they're good and not very popular.
>>
>>64183400
Well they're rarely discussed but when they are, it's usually praise. Z and Circuital are great and I've heard that they're really good live
>>
I like them
>>
Tennessee Fire has some gold on it but is under-produced; At Dawn is almost entirely solid gold but is also a bit under-produced. I think it's a shame they moved away from this largely acoustic sound, it's really pretty; It Still Moves is about the same as At Dawn in my book, and a great example of modern rock that doesn't suck. Some of my favorite tunes are still the acoustic ones, though; Z has some solid production on it, but begins their shift into more modern sounding rock; Evil Urges goes in that direction even farther, and verges on over-produced. Glad they backed off a bit. Still some very good songs; Circuital is maybe my favorite combination of production and songwriting for MMJ. Solid electric and acoustic tunes, great moments of more modern arrangements; The Waterfall sounds almost just like a solo Jim James record to me. Haven't totally gotten into it yet.
>>
One of my favorite bands. At dawn is my personal favorite of theirs.
>>
>>64183384
them and tv on the radio never seem to get any attention here, which I don't get it. my two faves and they both had two of the best album runs in of the 2000s.
>>64183493
pretty fair assessment. At Dawn is a perfect album to me just does it for me on every level. I'd say Circuital is their weakest album though, a couple great tunes but dull otherwise. I actually really liked The Waterfall, particularly Tropics and Spring. it seems more suited to be played live than Circuital which is what I really love them for.
>>
Never really payed too much attention to them but always thought they has a few good songs. Then I saw them live at Boston Calling and they blew me away
>>
I'm surprised they're not bigger. They rock and have some really catchy stuff.
>>
>>64185344

>bigger

Last time I checked, they wouldn't play a show for less than a $5000 guarantee, and they play all year every year pretty much. I think they're alright.
>>
>>64185869
They have their fans and they still are big on the festival circuit. They also do that thing a lot of jambands do where they have a run of shows at an all access resort in Mexico or wherever. Just not really a "buzz" band anymore I think is what people mean
>>
>i started to listen to them because of a reference being made (in your case american dad)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.