[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on these guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: tokyopoliceclub.jpg (37 KB, 390x358) Image search: [Google]
tokyopoliceclub.jpg
37 KB, 390x358
Opinions on these guys?
>>
OH GIVE US YOUR VOTE
>>
>>64181307
i hate that song
>>
>>64181384
Only decent song from a genuinely horrible band
>>
RUNNING TROUGH THE MONSOON
BEYOND THE WORLD
TO THE END OF TIME
WHERE THE RAIN WON'T HURT
>>
>>64181404
disagree 2bh
>>
One of my first indie bands
listening to them reminds me of being a sophomore in high school and reading carles' witty prose
where did the time go fellow alt bros?

I've been afraid to listen to their new album because I've heard some not so good things
>>
THAT'S 2009
>>
>>64181404
>Shoulders and Arms
>In A Cave
>Juno
>Tessellate
>Listen To The Math
>Favorite Food
>The End of A Spark
They're God-tier Blog Indie and you know it.
>>64181299
They're shitty now though.
>>
more blog indie recs guys?
>>
>>64181635
These guys and Vampire Weekend are literally the top-tier, but Bishop Allen, The Wombats, Ra Ra Riot, ect
>>
>>64181681
TV on the Radio also
>>
>>64181788
Oh yeah
>>
their new EP was pretty nice
>>
>>64183047
Whatever man. It's half-assed compared to the first two EPs for sure.
>>
>>64181299
Champ was actually an amazing album. Everything before that was pretty good. Forcefield, though, was absolute polished generic indie pop shit and Melon Collie and the Infinite Radness isn't looking much better either.

They were great, but the fell off hard.

Also the singer sounds like the guy from The Radio Dept.
>>
am i the only one here thinking forcefield wasn't that bad?

i mean, compared to their earlier albums, it's shit, but it's still a pretty decent little piece of indie pop

their new EP that's out isn't bad either
>>
>>64183535
Nah, it's pretty bad. There are like two acceptable songs (Argentina and Feel the Effect), but it stops there.
>>
>>64183535
Yeah, not bad but forgettable. It would not grab my attention if not for their reputation. They have not learned the art of Pop at all and Daves song-core/lyrics peaked early. I would also call them a victim of Pinkerton syndrome. Elephant Shell was a masterpiece that was generally received lukewarm, and since then they've been moving away from what made them special instead of enhancing it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.