[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Killers were very ahead of their time... if you know what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
The Killers were very ahead of their time... if you know what I mean ;)
>>
>if you know what I mean
I don't OP, can you explain?
>>
>>64180794
mr brightside song lyrics
>>
>>64180858
Good thread
>>
>>64180858
He was coming out of his cage and doing just fine?
>>
>>64180858
kek i get it. nice find op
>>
File: 1441692859142.jpg (51 KB, 677x617) Image search: [Google]
1441692859142.jpg
51 KB, 677x617
>>
Somebody explain
>>
>>64181736
mr brightside is about cucking. it was ahead of its time in terms of memes i guess
>>
>>64181702
hissssss...........ssssss..............
>>
>taking this amount of time to figure it out

Keep it -100, /mu/.
>>
hahaahaha meme cuck
>>
>>64181748
Isn't it kind of the opposite of cucking though?

It's a song about a guy dying inside because he's having thoughts of his lover with another man and he can't stand it. Not jerking off to the idea of it.
>>
>>64181702
>>
musically they were kinda ahead of their time too, not just memeing here
>>
>>64183369
not really since electroclash was already in full rage by 2004. Hot Fuss is a brilliant pop record nonetheless.
>>
>>64183598
I wouldn't be too quick to apply that label as an indication of them biting any style, though. While they may have utilized some electro/synth influences, they still have a distinctly "indie" sound.

Making lasting pop music as a rock band in the early 2000s was a bit easier, but The Killers are too often overlooked as compared to, say, Weezer or Franz Ferdinand. In the past few years synthpop and post-punk have had another revival, and The Killers today would stand up with any of those acts.
>>
>>64183678
I rarely see praise for FF, kinda sad because I consider them the early 00s band that went longer without fucking up (they lost that title since RTRWRA, so mediocre, Jesus) but yeah Brandon's ego kinda ruined their image. The whole "best american album" during Sam's Town and then mariachis and sucking Springsteen's dick too much.

Hope they do go back to those 80s influence, they're still there when you listen to Brandon solo albums.
>>
>>64183729
Agreed
>>
>>64181702
>>
>>64180361
The Killers were total shite
>>
>>64181702
>>
>>64185887
This tbqh familama
>>
I think they were a great pop rock band especially their first 2 albums. In fact Sam's Town is one of my favorite concept albums.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.