[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hating grimes is boring. just give up already.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: grimes.jpg (112 KB, 594x395) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
112 KB, 594x395
hating grimes is boring. just give up already.
>>
pretending to like grimes is boring. just give up already.
>>
>>64179742
>pretending
stopped reading right here
>>
not until she washes her filthy putrid ass and apologizes for all the male lives she's ruined with her cunty ways
>>
File: 1460953858740.jpg (20 KB, 480x412) Image search: [Google]
1460953858740.jpg
20 KB, 480x412
LIVING IS BORING. JUST GIVE UP ALREADY
>>
>>64179754
You're so full of shit, no one literally likes her unironically
>>
why does she even both with on stage producing. just fucking sing and dance it always fucks with her lip syncing because she panics and brings the mic up to her mouth either too soon or too late
>>
>>64179777
how could you be so sure? did you read everyone's brains, faggot?
>>
>>64179785
she should use a head microphone (or how the fuck is called). it would make her live easier on stage. and a keytar...
>>
>>64179789
Why are you being so defensive? Are you insecure anon?
>>
making 8 threads about grimes is also boring
>>
>>64179810
a keytar would make her look even more dumb and weird, she really should use one
>>
taking fun seriously is boring. just give up already.
>>
normal spaghetti is boring. but mom's spaghetti is close to post-mortem.
>>
I like Grimes.
>>
>>64180146
unironically?
>>
>>64180146
I love her :)) i need to get in that
>>
>>64180161
Yup.
>>
File: imported_9300701370329.jpg (269 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
imported_9300701370329.jpg
269 KB, 900x900
get rid of her
>>
>>64180195
mild kek
>>
>>64180195
All my lel
>>
File: 01-grimes-cosores.jpg (1 MB, 1999x1333) Image search: [Google]
01-grimes-cosores.jpg
1 MB, 1999x1333
Explain this:

>Grimes: 6th performance of Coachella out of 46 artists.

>No question that creatively restless Grimes is one of the most intense (and intensely idolized) artists to emerge this decade, an enlightened firebrand and meaning-seeker whose sometimes deceptively shiny/happy/giddy electro concoctions (like the seemingly wispy “Flesh Without Blood”) are stuffed with lyrics worth poring over to unlock potential secrets and layers of unanticipated depth. But her superb, big-drawing Mojave set opposite Guns N’ Roses on the main was most memorable for three reasons, only two of which have so much to do with Grimes herself: 1.) Janelle Monáe’s surprise assist on collaborative cut “Venus Fly”, which raised the crowd’s response to a deafening roar as she spun about in a feathery-fringed coat (black-and-white of course) and a broad-brimmed hat that made her look like she’d just come to life from the inner sleeve of Prince’s Sign o’ the Times. 2.) The manic shrieking of pint-sized Aristophanes, who might as well have spat out a lung by the time she was done Yoko Ono-ing it up on “Scream”. And 3.) Grimes’ own minute-long modulated banshee howl, a terrifyingly distorted sound, just before Monáe surfaced. She can be as fascinating to watch live as St. Vincent or Björk. What sets her apart is the interjected horror of it all. –Ben Wener

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/04/coachella-2016-festival-review-from-worst-to-best/42/
>>
File: 1417764463331.png (554 KB, 680x693) Image search: [Google]
1417764463331.png
554 KB, 680x693
>>64179770
Fair enough
>>
>>64179789
You sound so desperate to have your shit taste validated
>>
>>64180588
>implying that
>1 i'm desperate
>2 i have shit taste

wrong
>>
>>64180909
You sound pretty busted in the ass so I'm gonna say that you are those things and insecure
>>
>>64180555
she's a hairy mongoloid so of course they need to give her some praise. it's all about ugly girl empowerment, grimes could've just gotten up on the stage and shit her pants and consequence of sound would've wrote how beautiful she looked doing it.

you're delusional if you thought that performance was anything good
>>
>>64180949
you make me laugh. are you a clown or a faggot?
>>
>>64180989
you're delusional if you thought that performance wasn't anything good. you know better than the consequence of sound writers, yeah right.
>>
>>64181031
dumb waifutard. of course there's no talking any sense into you.
>>
>>64181075
>making false assumptions like a fucktard
>>
>>64181009
I could be both those things and have a scat fetish and I still wouldn't be as pathetic as you 2bh
>>
>>64181111
so you're all these things. at least you admited. still pathetic tho.
>>
>>64179733
imho some of her songs sound horrible. Especially the most popular ones.

But some of them just sound like the voice of an anglel. Like Artangels and Easily.
>>
>>64181111
Fucking checked
>>
Grimes is gr8 and if you posts that can't accept that are b8
>>
>>64180555

Wow this is seriously why I hate modern music critics. They take one IB English course and think they've mastered the entire language, so they can now say trite bullshit like "enlightened firebrand" and "lyrics worth poring over to unlock potential secrets and layers of unanticipated depth". Holy fucking shit does this guy love hearing himself talk. I bet most of you would drown in your own faggot tears if you found out that most reviewers just spend their days typing up shit like this with blank spaces where the artist name goes. It's non-musicians being paid to write the fluffiest piece they can about artists being held up by shitty visuals and other fluffy press.
>>
>>64181288
You must be really mad
>>
>>64181659
hes right

ur just on another side of lazy spectrum
>>
>>64181659

If you're delusional enough to read that drivel and buy into it, you're going to have a tough life. The people that write that shit are pretty low on the totem pole already, but damn, anyone that reads it and thinks "shit, they're right! Those lyrics about nothing really ARE groundbreaking, and those recycled chord progressions are ACTUALLY revolutionary!" is pretty much the bottom of the bottom.
>>
NO! It is my duty to protect the white male race from the threatening behaviour of feminists. Especially those in the eye of the public. Fuck Grimes and fuck SJWs.
>>
>>64181750

I'm honestly curious as to what part of the Grimes shit show has anything to do with feminism. Has she actually come out in support of SJW things or is this just the media's typical "ugly girls can do stuff to!!!!" narrative?
>>
>>64181750
Nobody is talking about feminism but you
>>
>>64181288
ur being delusional friend. he has been paid to write exactly that
>>
>>64181111
HOLY FUCK QUADS OF TRUTH GRIMES FAG BTFO AND ON SUICIDE WATCH LMFAO!!!!
>>
>>64181782

Uh yeah that's what I find so despicable. It's all too common within the reviewing/critic community. The writers don't give a single fuck about the artists they're pushing, they just need a job. They'll crank out whatever trite drivel their boss asks them to, or whatever they think will get the most clicks.

It's bad because it's non-musicians, and essentially non-writers, writing about worthless art in order to make a living for themselves - not to inform the general public about how talented or untalented an act is.
>>
>>64181288
Literally this

Fuck all of you who thought that performance was anything special
You should all end your lives
>>
You're right OP. I'll just ignore her instead.
>>
>>64181745
>i don't like her music and i think she's bad
Subjective shit
>>
>>64181814
>implying that all writers are like that
>>
>>64182150

It's not subjective. There are notes in the scale: she didn't sing them. There are rhythmic values: she ignored them. There is such a thing as good tone: she didn't have it.

Either you aren't a musician or you're a bedroom-laptop-soundcloud "musician"
>>
>>64182175

6 out of 7 are. I guarantee you that practically all the press you read about your favorite artists is fluffed up bullshit. Their backstories, their struggles, their creative processes, their favorite place to eat lunch, their on-the-road playlists. All these things are fabricated by an industry that knows you'll eat it right up because really, how are you going to know any better? Additionally, there are people reading this glowing review of Grimes that have not and will not ever see the performance it's referencing. The writer could applaud her for stopping the show to call out the patriarchy and there would be a Tumblr post about it the next day. No one cares.
>>
>>64179733
Pretending pop shit like Grimes deserves threads of any kind on /mu/ is pathethic. Give it up, losers- especially you waifufaggots.

FTFY OP
>>
File: hg8.png (11 KB, 262x148) Image search: [Google]
hg8.png
11 KB, 262x148
>>64182201
>tfw you're a bedroom-laptop-soundcloud "musician">>64182201
>>
>>64182201
She sang most of them. The live performance isn't an exact replica of a studio recording. She's a studio musician anyway. Her fans like the way she is, with those imperfections included.
>>
File: 1459264454177.png (14 KB, 727x140) Image search: [Google]
1459264454177.png
14 KB, 727x140
>>64182247
>an artist with her albums on multiple aoty lists doesn't deserve threads on moo
>implying that she's pop shit when she's a great electronic artist
gtfo hateful autist
>>
>>64182233
You hate everything and you're "fun" at parties. Am I right?
>>
>>64182276

What even is this post

>>64182306

...No, she really didn't. It's okay if you don't have a good ear, but holy shit don't you fucking dare try to tell me that she was hitting notes. Her tone was also god awful, which is almost more important.

>she's a studio musician anyway

Then she needs to take responsibility for her own appearance and produce a live show that echoes what she releases from the studio. It's entirely the fault of her and her handlers if she's appearing in front of so many people and putting on a bad show.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x898) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x898
since her coachella performance, /mu/ has been even more divided over her :^( but yeah it was bad and it sucks, i remember when she came to Sydney she sounded just like on the records though, so strange
>>
>>64182375

lol keep it up. All you asshats trying to defend this are just exposing yourselves as non-musicians. I honestly respect Grimes, but goddamn this was a bad performance and it certainly wasn't the first.
>>
>>64182392
Grimes sounded flat on some tunes, like Butterfly. But most of the time she was pretty good. Of course, she can do better than that (she proved that in the past).

>Then she needs to take responsibility for her own appearance and produce a live show that echoes what she releases from the studio. It's entirely the fault of her and her handlers if she's appearing in front of so many people and putting on a bad show.
People enjoy her performances, despite those flaws. They're fun. Otherwise nobody would buy a ticket to attend her gigs.
>>
>>64182488

I'm not going to go through each song in the set with Melodyne and show you how wrong you are. The vocal performance on every single song was sub par.

If people are "enjoying" performances like that, they are either on drugs, selling themselves short, or both.
>>
>thirty years old
>just now going through her middle school spork phase
shell be fine
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.