[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
:(
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: sadari.gif (1 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
sadari.gif
1 MB, 245x245
I listen to less music year after year and slowly care less and less. What is happening to me, anon. Am I turning into a pleb? Does everyone go thru phases like this? Are there any new albums that could inspire me to nerd out about music again?
>>
>>64178297
what do you listen to
>>
Oldfag here.
it's true what they say.
once you hit 30 you become musically less adventurous and set in your ways.
today i listened to a 2 hour contemporary jazz album, spent another hour angrily listening to the new pj harvey and another hour with my ipod on shuffle.
>>
>>64178326
I'm a fan rock but thats just a shit show now. I try a lot of trap rap out because its so hot right now, but I can only get into a few. House music bores me to tears and thats all that on Nodata and shit. Maybe some electronic or experimental(that still sounds musical) would be nice. Nothing I've heard recently has stood out though.

Pop R&B has been the only thing really hitting the spot. Like DVSN and Ariana. I know that sounds lame to a lot of you guys, but eh.
>>
>>64178381
>DVSN
how the fuck do you enjoy that drivel. yeah your a pleb and beyond saving
>>
>>64178402
"hallucinations" makes me feel things. I can't help it. Any non pleb shit similar I might enjoy???
>>
>>64178381
>Pop R&B has been the only thing really hitting the spot.
then keep listening to that
ignore comments like >>64178402; don't let /mu/ make you feel bad for what you like
>>
>>64178297
I'd been going through a similar phase for the last 3 years, but I've gotten back into it now and I've listened to more music in the first 4 months of this year than I have in the last 2 years, so go figure.
>>
File: dTGZBmL.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
dTGZBmL.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>64178364
>my ipod on shuffle
>>
>>64178453
Yeah, I'm hoping this is only temporary. Hopefully the new Radiohead will kick me back into gear.
>>
>>64178483
I pretty much just bump spotify playlist.
>>
Either you've listened to a lot of different genres and styles and you feel like there's nothing left to explore, or you've locked yourself into a certain mode of listening that doesn't do anything for you anymore.
There's a ton of great music out there you've probably never heard.
For R&B, have you listened to The Archandroid by Janelle Monae for example? Or perhaps Hallucinogen by Kelela?
>>
>>64178364

33 here. I quit liking anything new... it's like my heart reached capacity. I always promised myself I would stay 'with it' when I was a kid. one of the reasons I come here and follow music... but honestly, I used to be able to escape with music now I'm just fucking jaded and bitter.
>>
>>64178745

i want to add that I am a failed RL musician, music was like my fucking life I was obsessed as a kid... it's like when you smoke pot everyday after a few years you don't get high at all :S

feelssuicidalman
>>
>>64178709
Love that Janelle album(nothing after it, unfortunately) but I'm not big on Kelela. This is kinda the sad part. I know a lot of artist but still nothing is sticking. Its one thing when you strictly listen to the radio and have a whole musical world right under your nose to explore, but I'm pretty familiar with artists that are less than "Pitchfork Famous" you know? Not saying that I know every band ever, but I aint no normy.
>>
>>64179077
What about stuff like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZBxNB2dVGU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzYjOdPsAJ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2q6F0Dprk
Have you gotten into jazz yet?
>>
>>64179205
Never heard those before, they are great! top notch recs, anon. I do like a lot of 60s Jazz, I'm a big albert ayler fan. Definitely unfamiliar with newer stuff. Couldn't get into the Washington album at all.
>>
>>64179293
Glad you liked them, Khruangbin recently released their debut album that I highly recommend.
I didn't enjoy the Washinton album either, but there is a lot of good modern jazz that's a bit more interesting.
For example I'd recommend:
Chris Lightcap's Bigmouth - Epicenter
Matthew Halsall - Colour Yes
Matana Roberts - Coin Coin Chapter Two: Mississippi Moonchile
John Escreet - Sabotage and Celebration
>>
>>64179475
I loved Matana Roberts so Ill def check the other tomorrow. Props.
>>
I felt like that before I got into classical. It's great, a truly new musical world to explore. It's difficult to get into at first because its aims are so different from even the avantgarde rock groups but really great once you get it. From pure aesthetic point of view there's lots of stuff that's simply absent in pop.
>>
>>64179533
Very true. Classical is music that I'm least familiar with. Huge fan of the Tchaikovsky Composer Basics playlist on Spotify however. I keep telling myself to dive deeper but I never do.
>>
>>64179506
Np man, hope you discover something new in music that makes you enjoy it more!

>>64179533
Classical is a good route to go as well yeah, I think it's important to have a good balance of pop, folk, and art music in your collection.
>>
File: large.jpg (24 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
24 KB, 500x288
>>64178381
Try Marina and the Diamonds
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.