[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else really glad they got to grow up with ipods and mp3s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: garbage.jpg (265 KB, 1280x952) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
265 KB, 1280x952
Anyone else really glad they got to grow up with ipods and mp3s instead of tapes and cds?
>>
crap I can't participate in this thread
>>
Dumb millenial
>>
>>64176531
le right generation
>>
depite having literally everything at my fingertips now, i'm still grateful i grew up with cds. you were forced to really spend time with each album and learn every nuance, rather than seeing music as incoming data to be gobbled up before moving on the next one
>>
>>64176531
Grew up with tapes and CDs here. I'm glad we are where we are now. But I am nostalgic for the days of sneaking a big ass NO SKIP cd player to school. Treating each disc with care as to not scratch it. Spinning the same album for weeks till you know it by heart. There's something to it. Had shit tier headphones back then tho. Wouldn't go back to that.
>>
>>64177143
There's definitely an element of truth to this. I used to know all the track listings, and even lyrics, by heart.
>>
>>64177143
I feel this. That's why I force myself (not really forced) to listen to albums through their entirety over and over again.
>>
>>64177143
i still buy albums i really enjoy on cd. i put an album on after i buy it and its a lot fun looking at the artwork while i listen. it feels more like a listening session than just hearing it on my computer
>>
I'm older than most of you, but it's cool to have experienced both eras.

Plus, there's a lot of music that has only been released on tapes, like demo tapes and promo material. So even if you get a FLAC of these, it's just a rip of tape quality, you won't get better than that.
>>
Physical media is where it's at. Sit down. Listen to it, hold it, look at it, soak it all in. Granted there are some bands which are so great that not having a physical copy diminishes nothing from their sounds, while equally it's true that no amount of packaging will ever make a shit album any better. Still, nothing beats when a band really drives home their sound with awesome LP, tape, or CD art.
>>
I just buy cds because buying downloads is often still so expensive. $10 for a fucking file? holy shit dream on. Lemon Demon I'm talking to you.

new pj harvey cd was ten fucking dollars + tax and tip total $10.80 and its even a pretty damn nice packaging.
>>
>>64178770
>and tip
huh
>>
>>64179418
I'm in clapistan we always tip the cashier
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.