[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize pop punk was the master genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: a.png (127 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
a.png
127 KB, 250x250
When did you realize pop punk was the master genre?
>>
>>64176125
this isnt even pop punk
>>
>>64176125
>turnover
>pop punk
wew
Tbh this genre has become over saturated
>>
>>64176290
>turnover
>not pop punk
>>
>>64176593
>turnover
>pop punk
>>
turnover is pop punk and theyr shitty
>>
>>64176125
After i removed my brains
>>
I realized it when I first heard The Ramones.
>>
punk rock killed modern music
>>
>>64176125
since I was a little kid. My brother introduced me to it. Now that I am in college it is getting harder to find people who still like it. Too much rap shit. My small college (~2000 students) has a huge festival every year. A couple years ago they had Mayday Parade and it was chaotic, because of the high schoolers flooding in and it had to be indoors because of rain. This year we got fucking Hoodie Allen.

>>64177233
The Ramones are the best counter to the complete baseless idea that pop punk is not "real" punk. It is a melodic style of punk that sings about certain things.

>>64177251
I wish it would.
>>
>>64176125
this album is indie
The Turnover album before this one was more pop punk
>>
back in the 90's when Green Day dropped dookie
fanboying on them led me to lots of bands I never would have heard of w/o radio and mtv, like The Queers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEO9rikCRbo&list=RDuEO9rikCRbo#t=13
>>
samefagging with local Indianapolis heroes Sloppy Seconds. My first punk rock show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ98YG3X-u4
>>
>>64176125
Its shit, you cant even pretend its good.

Only good pop "punk"band is all time low and they arent well respected at all in the community
>>
>>64177977

are you saying Green Day isn't a good band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnKYmUp4JAQ

Look, I know they've been on TV and the radio but you're in denial if you think this is a bad band
>>
>>64176125
This isn't pop punk

>>64177977
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>64178007
They stopped being pop punk 20 years ago family. Dookie was good.
>>64178529
Half bait but still a shit genre.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.