[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
could you imagine being this excited about pressing play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: .gif (548 KB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
.gif
548 KB, 235x240
could you imagine being this excited about pressing play?
>>
he's excited about being able to play real loud
>>
I lost all respect for the death grapes when I saw them "live" at coachella
>>
>>64175851
wat did they do m8?
>>
>>64175851
why?
>>
I can imagine being that excited while listening to music I didn't even have a part in creating, whilst sitting alone, in my room

so yes, I guess is the answer

ps. talent is meaningless
>>
>>64176144
>>64176175
With my press credentials in check, I was inside the venue before concertgoers were allowed past the ticket office. Displayed behind the merch table was a brand new, never-before-seen Death Grips t-shirt specially made for this 2016 mini-tour (a set of four shows, including an upcoming appearance at Coachella). A black-and-white version of the cover of Bottomless Pit was sprawled across a blank backdrop with “4 SHOWS 2016″ captioned beneath. Not only was it a minimalist yet inciting design, but I personally felt extra special viewing it upon entering the venue as I was pretty much the first person to see this brand new (and presumably limited edition) t-shirt outside of the band’s camp.

I then wandered around the empty dancefloor as keyboardist/programmer Andy Morin performed a brief soundcheck before returning to the band’s dressing room. With nothing but several security guards patrolling the venue and the cold air of a legendary Santa Cruz venue filling an otherwise empty space, concertgoers soon began pouring into The Catalyst as Interview 2016 played on the speakers. I reserved a spot near the wings of the stage, sitting on a flight of stairs that gave me a solid view of both the stage and the crowd below. The crowd – packed wall to wall at an undoubtedly sold out show – appeared level-headed until a near-two hour wait for the band to go onstage began. I was told by the venue that Death Grips were set to go on at 9:30 PM instead of the scheduled 8:00 PM set (with no opening act). As more and more people became anxious and inpatient, audience members began pushing and shoving and creating an almost-mosh pit – people made noise, cheered, clapped, and an absolutely obnoxious guy up on the balcony kept screaming “SPREAD EAGLE ACROSS THE BLOCK.”

But it was well worth the wait.
>>
>>64176180
>talent is meaningless

well yeah talent doesn't exist. but were talking about why someone would want to pretend to be animated when all he is doing is triggering samples.
>>
>>64176193
So it was well worth the wait but they lost your respect?
>>
>>64176251
i'm not that guy. was just copy and pasting a live review of their santa cruz show.
>>
>>64176232
The crowd contributes nothing but energy yet the all jump around and freak out, why shouldn't button pushers be able to to the same? Just because most of their work was done in the studio? Pretty shitty reason if you ask me.
>>
>>64176232
I don't understand why it is more acceptable to be animated playing the drums or singing than it is to be animated triggering samples
>>
>>64176232
because it's pretty awkward when after shows Stefan is sipping honey and zach is icing his fingers and all andy is doing is dabbing his forehead. He has to make himself feel like he is doing something.
>>
we all have our parts and must do our part.
>>
>>64176357
this makes sense actually.
>>
poor andy, he's probably in this thread right now
>>
>>64176806
Yeah, poor Andy, he's getting paid to do what he loves.
>>
>>64176144
>>64176175
Not him, but it sounded like they were just playing the tracks in the background and performing over them sloppily, with half of zach's kit not even mic'd up, ride giving a half-hearted performance and andy only pretending to be doing anything.
>>
>>64176848
that was what the santa cruz show was like too.
>>
>>64176862
it wouldn't've been half bad if they just played instrumentals but the doubling of ride's voice is just such a let-down.
>>
>>64176848
>they were just playing the tracks in the background and performing over them sloppily
they just play rides vox because it would be impossible for him to yell all of his lines without taking breaths
>half of zach's kit not even mic'd up
its more the fault of whoever mixed it, his drums are way to low in the mix
>ride giving a half-hearted performance
you fucking what, he was screaming his heart out
>andy only pretending to be doing anything
he's triggering the samples, and adding extra shit (see guillotine and no love)
>>
File: 1433826978398.jpg (284 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1433826978398.jpg
284 KB, 900x1200
if i had his job, i do whatever it takes to keep it, and if that means being a silent hypeman that just dances in front of a keyboard, I'd do it till my wang sprang a leak.
>>
>>64176937
>"he's triggering the samples, and adding extra shit (see guillotine and no love)"

If you knew anything about music production and live performance, then you would know he really isn't doing shit except cueing each song and maybe doing some odd pitch-shifting/delay effects every once in a while with Ride's vocals.

Everything else you hear has been pre-recorded and Andy is pretty much just pressing play.
>>
>>64176848
Every death grips show is like this
>>
>>64176937
>they just play rides vox because it would be impossible for him to yell all of his lines without taking breaths

they were playing more than the vocals m8, the high hats and cymbals were sampled, even the bass drum was sampled (at one stage zach's kit had problems but the drums kept going) all zach was doing was hitting the toms and snare every now and then.
>>
>>64176938
fuck is this shit

is that meant to look comfy

look at the angle the TV is at, you would have to be hunched over

that chair fits the aesthetic but wow does it not look comfortable at fucking all

why is there a poster of clint eastwood on the wall, do they think that vague iconography of a certain aesthetic actually lends itself to the vibe of the room? not even to mention the horrendous combination of flooring with the wooden walls, if anything that should be plastered walls with wooden floors

that system should be a decent hifi or a vinyl player

that would should be outside in a separate shed

0/10
>>
>le andy does nothing meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5CQdAJSXDY
>>
>>64177243
>airhorns
andy confirmed for paak
>>
>>64177086

Yeah that looks like shit honestly. Sitting in that wooden chair for hours makes my ass hurt just looking at it.

Why the fuck couldn't they invest in a stand for the TV and speakers?

ugh.
>>
>>64177243
Shit, he's actually doing a lot of stuff here. In the Coachella show it looks like he's just jumping and dancing lmao
>>
>>64177603
No he's not. Flatty is just triggering songs in Ableton and triggering some effects occasionally.

He is not really doing anything of importance.
>>
>>64177675
yeah i guess ride could just shout over silence and occasionally run to a computer to flip a switch lol mc grimes
>>
>>64177086
YOU ARE YELLING AT CHAIRS ON THE INTERNET
>>
>>64177086
>that chair fits the aesthetic but wow does it not look comfortable at fucking all

>comfortable
>During a souls game
>>
>>64177675
just because what he's doing isn't difficult doesn't mean it's not important

or maybe you'd prefer the crew not lock the cabin door the next time you take a flight
>>
c o c a i n e
o
c
k
>>
>ride spent his tour money on 1400 dollar shoes

this is why they'll always be poor
>>
>>64178536
??? He's been rocking his same Docs since the beginning of time. The day I see Stefan in Geobaskets or Guidis pigs will fly
>>
>>64178632
watch his catalyst set he bought guidi's
>>
good thread, bump
>>
do you know how ridiculous it would look if he didn't do that while ride and zach are going nuts

maybe he shouldn't even be on stage, but overall I think he adds something
>>
>>64179988
it'd be cooler if he pulled an aphex twin and just looked fucking bored pushing the buttons
>>
>>64179988
I dunno, maybe he could do the whole cool, calm, collected, and sort of detached techno thing instead. Could be a good contrast to Zach and Ride.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.