[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i dont get it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (118 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
118 KB, 1500x1500
i dont get it
>>
it's Marcel-core you're not supposed to get it
>>
>>64175636
marcel core drivel

>hurr durr conceptual opn james ferraro aesthetic future society digital culture xDDD
>>
>>64175997
that's not it

be a dick and have a break up, then you might get it
>>
this guy has some crazy-ass album covers
>>
>>64176130
how so?
>>
It's literally a collage album anon. not much to get because collage art is the lowest form of art. if you want interesting uses of samples go to James Ferraro or OPN if you want bad vocals singing lyrics that make no sense go to Joanna Newsom. Have fun on this journey.
>>
>>64176148
James Ferraro has never used samples in his music besides brief Skype notification sounds and Windows startup sounds on FSV. Why do you think he uses samples?
>>
>>64176142
they're really minimalistic
>>64176148
>collage art is the lowest form of art
woah. how?
>>64176165
his album Hacker Track was a sound collage, also he uses samples in NYC, Hell 3:00AM, Skid Row and Sushi
>>
>>64176276
yes, but there were no samples used on Hacker Track. it was all original material.

there may be a couple samples on those albums but there aren't nearly enough to warrant a plunderphonics/sound collage tag. they aren't full-on sample based.
>>
>>64176297
oh, i see
didn't know Hacker Track was original material
>>
>>64176373
everything up until FSV was 100% original material.
>>
Does this dude even clear his samples? he samples some big names how does he have the cash especially because he doesn't really alter them that much
>>
>>64176395
I have no idea. I remember talking to Dean's US publicist (who's also a semi-popular music journalist) and he seemed pretty vague in his response when I asked him about that.
>>
>>64176165

I'm 70% certain the instrumentals on Night Dolls With Hairspray seem to be from somewhere else.
>>
>>64176430
They aren't. They're completely original. I even spoke with the guy who released that album (Olde English Spelling Bee) and he said it was 100% original material with no samples.
>>
>>64176458
>>64176421
you speak with a lot of people
>>64176458
if so, dude has talent
>>
>>64176501
i'm only one of those two people you quoted
>>
i love this album but i fucking hate that whole "what you did was wrong" segment.
>>
>>64176458
he was sampling 80s commercial and stock musics through effects
>>64176501
>if so, dude has talent

that doesn make him any more or less talented....
>>
>>64176797
dude, did you not read what i just told you? what i said was straight from the source. Night Dolls is not fucking sample-based.

who do you think knows more on this topic, some random anon on 4chan or the fucking guy who released the goddamn album? it's entirely original.
>>
>>64176797
if you're so certain link the music you think he sampled on that album then
>>
>>64176577
oh dam
>>64176797
i just thought they were some good instrumentals
>>
>>64176819
>>64176797
>>64176833
Wasn't there some sampling on Radio Cherubs?
>>
>>64176890
vocal samples, yes, but not instrumental.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.