[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 9.jpg (633 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
633 KB, 1300x1300
Old copypasta edition.

Also:
>Post gear
>Post desired gear
>How long have you been playing?
>Favorite guitars?
>Favorite guitarists?
>Projects?
>Talk about and play music

Beginner information and FAQ:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guitar/wiki/index

Learn guitar:
http://www.justinguitar.com/

Guitar chords and inversions
http://www.chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

String Tension Calculator (D'Addario based):
http://hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

>Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

--

>Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8/Advancing-Guitarist-Mick-Goodrick.pdf

>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
http://www.mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22/Mickey-Baker-s-Jazz-Guitar.pdf

>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb/Modern-Chord-Progressions-Jazz-and-Classical-Voicings-for-Guitar-Ted-Greene.pdf

>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing - Ted Greene
>Vol. 1
http://www.mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq/Jazz-Guitar-Single-Note+Soloing-Vol-1-Ted-Greene.pdf

>Vol. 2
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd/Jazz-Guitar-Single-Note+Soloing-Vol-2-Ted-Greene.pdf

Previous thread: no idea.
>>
Hey /gg/, would you mind giving me some quick feedback for a moment?

I know I'm not the best player and I'm the first to admit that, I consider myself to be mediocre at best. However, I am thinking about starting my own youtube channel for occasionally and casually demoing pedals and I was wondering if I have what it takes skill-wise. I know demoing pedal doesn't necessarily require great technical skills but I'm insecure as fuck.

Would you mind telling me if based on that quick clip I recorded do you think I could handle it? Also appreciate any constructive feedback. Thanks.

https://clyp.it/wxyr4ot5
>>
>>64174168
it's fine
>>
>>64174168
Sounds fine to me. Giter done
>>
>>64174202
>>64174212
Thanks, bros, it means a lot. I'm planning on starting the channel a month or two from now, I'll begin tomorrow to practice and study like crazy (both playing and recording/mixing) to hopefully better tighten some specific things by then.
>>
>>64173996
I want to buy my first looper pedal, is the TC electronics Ditto mini looper a decent choice? It's 80 bucks and 5 minutes honestly seems plenty enough, it's a one button looper but reviews say it's fairly user friendly.

Also, I've been using a pencil to lube the nut on my basses until now, is it worth it to get proper lube? If so, what kind/which specific product?
>>
File: w-spazial24.jpg (85 KB, 311x600) Image search: [Google]
w-spazial24.jpg
85 KB, 311x600
>>
>>64174388
Mix thin pencil shavings with vaseline (a high concentration of the graphite is best). It's better than just using the dry pencil.

Also, the Ditto is popular as fuck but the switch they use is ridiculously bad. It won't last. There are countless complaints about it on the internet. It's possibly the worst design for a pedal switch in history. Mine broke within 4 months.

Get yourself an EHX 360 or 720 instead. The 360 is about the same price of a Ditto and is better featured.
>>
>>64174436
why is it that shape
thats probly the worst shape i ever
>>
>>64173996

>desired gear

A clear mustang thanks to you jerk
>>
>>64174457
Thanks for the tip with the pencil shavings, I'll probably try that.
Interesting to know when it comes to the ditto, any other loopers around the 100€ mark that I should check out besides the 360?
Also, I was thinking about getting the Korg pitch black mini pedal tuner as well, any complaints about that or should that just work?
>>
Fender Japan TL71 or American Special Tele?
>>
>>64174589
I recently purchased a EHX 720 and considered and read a ton about pretty much every offering in that price range and below. The 360/720 are currently the best in their categories imo (the new Boss has shit playback quality, the Digitech Express can't store loops). They are indeed excellent. Only thing purchasing apart from it is something like a Pigtronix Infinity which is $500. You won't regret the EHX.

The Korg Pitchblack and the TC Polytune 2 (both regular and mini versions) are the best in their price range. It's just a matter of preference, though. I personally have a TC Polytune 2 Mini and it's pretty great, apart from the fact that it has a slight lag after you hit the note for it to start tracking. I'm not sure if that happens with the Korg. I've seen some people saying in the past that the Korg is slightly more accurate as well, but that could be just conjecture as far as I know.
>>
>>64174688
Awesome, thank you!
Then I'll probably get the EHX 360 and the Korg pitchblack mini. Should be more than enough for me, the looper for practice and for playing around and the tuner because I finally want a very accurate tuner to adjust intonation and for convenience. Apparently 0.1 cents accuracy when using strobe mode, and you can adjust it for different concert pitches, I don't think I need anything more.
>>
File: weirdassshape.jpg (344 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
weirdassshape.jpg
344 KB, 2048x1366
>>64174436
That's one of the first ever aluminum neck guitars made, precursors to Travis Bean and Kramer. Recognized it since I saw another quite similar guitar and a local guitar expo last year, pic related, my friend holding it.
>>
>>64174837
You won't regret it. Both great choices.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 505x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 505x504
can y

can you coil split EMGs
>>
>>64175400
Yes
>>
is it more worth it to buy a gibson sg, or to change out the tuners/pickups on my epi sg and add a bigsby?
>>
>>64175644
how fucking bad at math are you
>>
>>64175644
Either way sounds good. I'd probably mod the epi regardless.
>>
>>64174641
get the Amerifat tele

don't fall for the 7.25" radius meme
>>
I'm thinking of trading in my bass. A straight up trade would be ideal. What could I get for a 5 string Warwick Thumb? I'm hoping to get a Music Man 5 string. I'm also considering selling it and getting a used Carvin.

I love it, I just want to try something else. I never planned to keep it for very long.
>>
>>64175693
Yeah 7.25" radius is for cucks. It's supposed to be better for chords but I prefer a really flat fretboard for chords anyway.
>>
>>64175693
>>64175911
>>64174641

I got used to 7.25"

Anything else feels weird

Go to a guitar store and test them out yourself
>>
>>64174641
American tele obviously
>>
File: perfect pussy.jpg (105 KB, 603x650) Image search: [Google]
perfect pussy.jpg
105 KB, 603x650
Based Jerry Garcia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK_uWS97JuQ
>>
>>64176135
jerry had to be the most versatile guitarist in rock history. dude was all over the map style-wise
>>
>>64174900
your boyfriend looks like a faggot
>>
File: StratHHSpinASplits.jpg (402 KB, 1174x913) Image search: [Google]
StratHHSpinASplits.jpg
402 KB, 1174x913
Can someone help me out with some wiring stuff?
I want to set up 3 humbuckers on a 5 way switch but all of them wired up to a spin-a-split pot. Maybe a couple switches to enable all at once or just the outers too. Is there an easy to use diagram making site or something for that?
So far this is the closest I've come, but for this I'd need a 3 gang pot?
>>
>>64176930
It seems really silly to have the 5 way switch if you are gonna add a switch so you can have all three or neck + bridge. You should have 3 toddles instead. By the way, the issue with splitting these is that there's gonna be some positions that are hum-cancelling and some that aren't based on what you choose to split to. It might be wise to make the middle humbucker a 3-position switch for north coil - both - south coil. Then just have the spin a split for the other two.
>>
>>64177119
A bonus of spin splitting is the hum cancelling tapers in faster than the single coil tapers out.

but yeah, it's not going to do a strat 2,4 without some extra work in understanding the pickups.
>>
>>64173996
Are there any cool gadgets or useful small shit that I could order from a music store? I'm about to order something and I'm not paying any shipping on it, so anything that I could add to that has free shipping.
>>
>>64177213
Well, like I said you need to have multiple options on the middle bucker for that. It's not a difficult mod. If you configured it just for strat positions 2 and 4 you wouldn't get hum cancelling neck + bridge. In my opinion that isn't worth it.
>>
>>64174539
it's a DuoSonic.
>>
Can anyone recommend me some new "fancy" picks to try? I'm talking about stuff I can't just find in a music store. I'm talking about V-Picks, Dragon's Heart(which I'll probably try soon), Red Bear, Gravity Picks etc. I'll say right now, Blue chip is too goddamn expensive, and Red Bears are too fragile. Sik Piks look cool, has anyone tried them?
>>
File: bridges.jpg (723 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
bridges.jpg
723 KB, 1280x960
I'm still a bit of a noob, but for a while, I've had issues changing tuning on my MIM Fender Strat. I have to retune all strings multiple times, even if I'm just switching from E to drop D. It seems like the tension of one string affects the tension of all the others. This means that I have to adjust all of the strings 4-5 times to get them just right. I just kind of assumed all guitars were that way and accepted it.

Today, I bought my second guitar (a Schecter), and it has a different type of fixed bridge. After switching tunings multiple times, I've noticed it takes far less effort. Switching from E to drop D didn't require messing with any string other than the sixth. Switching to E flat requires tuning each string exactly once instead of 4-5 times.

Is this just an inherent problem with the Strat's bridge type?
>>
>>64177259
lots and lots of different picks to try
various slides
third hand capo
1 meg audio taper pots
...an ukulele
finger picks
one of those brackets that you can stick an Allen wrench to the back of your headstock with
nut file set
another third hand capo because you're still not droning hard enough
drumsticks
piezo stomp box
radius cards
>>
>>64177442
please be bait
please be bait
please be bait
please be bait
please be bait
please be bait
>>
>>64177407
Wegen Gypsy Jazz.

Best pics ever, (even better than blue chip, red bear etc.. imo)
>>
Are amp sims supposed to sound so bad? Ive tried Guitar Rig5/Bias/Kazrog, all of the high gain sounds just sound like shit (cleans okay but really boring, GR5 has fun effects though, probably the better one).

The high gains ones all just sound so shrill. Bias using like their artist tone presents just sound like absolute garbage, ex the Ola Englund one. Most recently tried Kazrog and some of their high gain presets started to create this super high pitched ear piercer when not playing (Thought repear would auto mute the track because of it, but no).

Is it something on my end? Im running my guitar into a Scarlett 2i4 which runs out to my headphones which are the ATH M30x. I thought it might be the headphones, but im just not 100%
>>
how much harder do you have to fret acoustics compared to electric? my fingers hurt from fretting so hard
>>
>>64177587
yeah they're supposed to sound bad that's the joke
>>
>>64177614
I have no clue how to explain how much harder to press. In PSI? I dunno.

But anyway, yeah playing an acoustic is much harder. If you want to play barre chords for an extended period of time you probably want to go with light strings which sound horrible. Having level frets and a good setup helps a ton. Consider filing your nut slots, it can help a lot. Good technique is a must but more than that learn to use a capo, and learn other chord voicings or use partial barre chords. You don't want to injure yourself.
>>
>>64175400
Some models yes, not all.

>>64177587
Try:
Noisegate (REAPER VST) -60db
Compressor (GuitarRig, but any would do)
TSE808
Noisegate (REAPER VST) -60db
Parametric EQ adding +4db to 120Hz
The Anvil preamp (lead channel)
NadIR running ASEM V30 on left and right in dual mono.
Parametric EQ cutting -2db at 240Hz
High Pass at 60Hz

>http://www.mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM+RECTO+V30+L2.wav
>>
>>64176135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRnafQOkZTo

speaking of good fusion guitar, based robben ford
>>
>>64177442
.................no
>>
>>64177682
What is the Anvil preamp?
>>
>>64177758
Nvm,
>>64177682
This sounds pretty good thank you
>>
>>64177693
>good
>fusion guitar

Pick one.
>>
>>64177903
edgy
>>
>>64176329
Yeah, I've been getting into his playing a lot lately. I feel like he's really underrated outside of the deadhead crowd.

>>64177693
I actually haven't listened to much of Mile's 80s output, the digital synths kind of ruin it for me. This lineup with John Scofield is pretty cool though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E57ZLHd5g_g
>>
>>64177963
yeah the synths are absolutely horrible. but ford was good
>>
r8 jam https://u.pomf.is/zmworq.mp3
>>
>>64177898
TSE808 settings would be drive 0, level 10, tone 5-10. The Anvil set to high gain channel and gain to about 2-4.
>>
>>64177442
I don't think you're supposed to change tuning that frequently.
>>
File: IMG_0105.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0105.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2048
i'm guitar illiterate. what do you guys think about the squier stagemaster in this pic? is it decent? what is it actually worth?
>>
>>64178251
>double locking trem
>on a squier
>with your skill level

Get a hardtail instead, family. Save yourself the headache.
>>
>>64178228

Going to drop D isn't gonna do shit honestly

>>64177442

You need to learn to string your guitar properly. You have to stretch the hell out of strings on a strat, esp if you have the trem set to float which is seems you do. First, you have to pull each string from the pickups to the 14th fret until it holds tune. This takes a while on a strat, because like you said, by the time you do the high e, the low e is out again. It doesn't have to be dead on, just close

After you stretch them this way, you have to dive the trem all the way to where the strings are completely slack. Release the dive, tune guitar again. Repeat. After 7 or 8 times it will snap back relatively in tune (ballpark you don't need a tuner for this) and you should be good to go

After a day or 2 strings settle even better and the guitar will hold tune MUCH better. However, you will always have little glitches like, if you hit a low e and let it ring, then bend your G string, it will flatten. Nothing you can do about that unless you block the sucker.
>>
>>64178304
You should look into the hipshot tremsetter, it will take care of that the e string going out if tune when you bend the g etc. really great mod.
>>
>>64178304

samefagging to add that my 100 dollar Yamaha strat copy with shit hardware holds tune even when I'm going crazy with floating whammy... the trick is NEVER PULL UP!

Also, good idea to LUBRICATE YOUR NUT (lol) use pencil graphite
>>
>>64178304
I haven't had to restring it since I bought it new. I'm guessing the Mexican factories don't go through the same extensive process that the American ones do when stringing the guitar.
>>
>>64178353

>tremsetter

Interesting... one of the things I do on my floating bridge guitar is vibrato with palm on the bridge while I pick, will this device allow me to do that? Mine is setup to be pretty "free" right now
>>
>>64178376
I worked in a shop that sold fenders and neither MIM nor MIA guitars came from the factory setup. They all need to be set up properly fresh from the box, maybe the MIA were closer to spec but still needed to have trus rod etc. tweaked.
>>
>>64178295
got any recommendations for guitars under $300?
>>
>>64178421
Yamaha pacifica 311, hard tail bridge and decent for the money. Honestly, you should buy used though.
>>
>>64178376

Oh yeah, def change the strings dude. If you're super new I would take it into a shop and have a full setup done as well. Honestly, Mexican fenders are great and I am sure both the USA and Mexicans come with the same rough setup with 9 gauge fender bullet strings. There is no way some guy in the factory is stretching the strings!

You should change strings immediately. I guarantee it will sound way better too. I change my strings once a month usually. Fenders usually ship with Fender brand 9 gauge bullet strings. I usually get Ernie Ball or D'Addario since they are the cheapest. I use 10's but 9's are what your guitar has right now
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1dqV3sbKYyi

i just hit some random notes and im tryna figure out what the fuck i did bc the middle part sounded kinda cool lol
>>
>>64178398
I'm not 100% sure that I've done that with the guitar I have with a tremsetter installed on, but you would still be able to do that. Maybe you would have to adjust your technique/pressure used but that is just a guess. It's a really easy mod to make, but I had to drill out a small hole in the cavity near where the claw attaches so the tremsetter would fit.
>>
>>64178471

I'll keep that in mind. I mainly play a hardtail but yeah I am so accustomed to jamming over a ringing E or A that when I play the whammy guitar it can drive me nuts
>>
>>64178458
>>64178405
Looks like I need to either learn a bit more about maintenance or take it in to the shop. Thanks for the tips.
>>
File: WankMachineTbh.jpg (382 KB, 2012x3200) Image search: [Google]
WankMachineTbh.jpg
382 KB, 2012x3200
one month ago
>your guitar should be here in a week
three weeks ago
>it'll be here in a week
two weeks ago
>it'll be here in a week
one week ago
>it'll be here in a week
today
>it'll be here in a week

So this is what I get for trying to support a local shop instead of ordering online
>>
>>64175693
>>64175957
>>64176022

I tried both 7" and 9.25" before, they both felt pretty much the same to me. Maybe the 7" was slightly better for chords.

I'm more concerned about build quality , fret dressing, neck pocket gap, that kind of stuff.
>>
>>64178633

7.25 radius feels great. The problem with it is if you like low action, it is easier to 'choke' when going for heroic bends on round fretboards.
>>
>>64178633
7.25 and 9 are very similar,hardly a difference

Both MIJ and MIA have very well made fretboards you can't go wrong either way.
>>
File: atari.jpg (22 KB, 373x663) Image search: [Google]
atari.jpg
22 KB, 373x663
DAE hip baritone guitar? Lindell VN-2 here, cost me 80 dollars. Everything works but the tone wheel. I was super happy when I saw one in that Julian Casablancas video, I'm basically a stroke
>>
>>64178649

I'm aware of that, so that time when I was trying that Tele Deluxe, I proceeded to do the hardest bend I could on the higher frets, and it still rang. But then again the action wasn't low, definite not 1.5, maybe 1.8 or so.

Is bending 3 semitones up going to be a problem with 1.5 mm action? Because that's what I usually play on.
>>
>>64178633
Both have great build quality but MIJs have pretty average electronics and pickups tbph.

Get a used Jap Fender, swap the pickups with AmSt tele ones and you'll have a bitchin' guitar for almost half the price of an MIA.

What this anon said >>64178649, 7.25" fretboards do feel heavenly for chords because of dat natural curve. But try to do ebin bends past the 12th and you'll experience 'fret outs' if you prefer low action.
>>
File: RMAO.png (102 KB, 210x176) Image search: [Google]
RMAO.png
102 KB, 210x176
Fun fact: Vintage radius fretboards are for micro-cocked manlets.

They "prefer" 7.25 because of Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>64178683
What in the world? Cool guitar, anon
>>
>>64178744

I go 1.75 on my guitars by default (using a quarter to gauge)

My buddy has a 7.25 board tele and he def has lower action than me and I don't choke out at ALL on that thing...

but I used to have a 7.25 MIM 70's reissue strat and the choke was so bad on that thing I eventually traded it away. I wish I would have held onto it and taken it to a pro, because it might have just needed fretwork. It only really gave me problems on high E.

So, in conclusion... idk lol
>>
File: IMG_1662.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1662.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>64178854

Ah, so fretwork quality comes into play here. I'm not gonna go silly low like 1.1 anyway.

>>64178792

I plan to put lace sensors on them
>>
>>64178851

ty! I didn't even know it was a baritone and the guy who sold it to me didnt either. I had it for years tuned to E standard, and it honestly still works like that but really TIGHT

Then I stumbled across this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdbZ6zrJ5QE

and discovered brand name and model name. I just knew it was a "teisco" from japan.

These days, I still use regular gauge strings and tune it to D standard. The guy in the video has it down low w fat strings I actually like it for slinky garage rock type stuff.

It has a 27 inch scale length
>>
>>64178864

>tough luck with the broken headstock, anon.

srsly though that's sweet. I want one of the classic spirits one of these days, with the graphite necks.truss rod shat out in my American Strat a few years ago and said fuck it... I live in random weather and just want something that will last forever
>>
>>64178808
Nah, I don't shred or do any cuhhraazzy solos so I have no need for a flat fretboard. 7.25 just makes my life a lot easier.
>>
What does /gg/ think of bubbles?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8a9eqkSqM8
>>
Question for jazzers/music theory guys:

So, the modes are derived from a major scale. If I want to play myxolydian, I need to start from the 5th degree of a scale (depending on the key etc.). If I slide the whole scale 1 or 2 frets up or down, do I also change the key of the myxolydian scale? For example if I play a myxolydian G, starting on the 5th fret of the D string, do I play a myxolydian A scale if I move the scale two frets up?

Are the modes of a scale movable in a way the scale itself and pentatonics are movable?
>>
Any good semihollow jazz guitar? I have 500€.
>>
>>64179234
The modes' sound comes from their reference to the key you're playing over.

All scales are interval based. Major (ionian) is in wholes and halfs; wwhwwwh
minor aeolean; whwwhww
myx is just a flated 7th; wwhwwhw

But they don't do a lot until they are over the key being played or you're switching modes. This gives them substance where running scales is just mindless notes.
>>
>>64179343

Ok, got it. But doesn't that mean that I can play a myxolydian scale anywhere on the fretboard, as long as I keep the intervals right?

So do the modes have a pattern just like pentatonics?
>>
>>64177587
if you want amp sim get a boss multifx or if you are rich get a kemper. i know a guy who helped develop those and he has one of the expensive kember tops. those really get extremely close.
>>
>>64179247

Either go for one of the Ibanez Artcore guitars or an Epiphone. There are more affordable semi-hollows from other brands (Gretsch, Hagstrom), but I'd go for an Ibanez. They get a lot of praise and the ones I played were the best guitars in their price range.
>>
>>64178560
That sucks mate. I would have gone mad.
At least you are getting one of the nicest looking Ibanez available right now.
>>
I have the feeling that I just can't express myself with my current instrument. I'll have to find a luthier that'll build me a 7-string bass with partial fretting (3 highest strings fretted, 4 lowest strings fretless) with frets that have a smooth transition from jumbo on the highest to tiny on the lower string which then turns into a strip of metal as fret markers on the fretless side. Multiscale/fanned frets with slanted pickups (Humbucker Singlecoil Humbucker with a piezo in the bridge, coil split and seriell parallel for the Humbuckers, separate pot for each pickup), active electronics with a graphical 9-band EQ on the bass, hollowbody, headless, with a variable fingerboard radius that becomes round enough close to the bridge that you can use a bow on it. Rarewood top on an ash body with a 13-piece neck.
I have about 13,000$ available for this, do you guys know a luthier who is up for the job?
>>
File: majesty.png (511 KB, 416x584) Image search: [Google]
majesty.png
511 KB, 416x584
My baby, after going through 5 guitars I've finally settled on this. Been playing for just about 4 years I think.
Hoping to get some decent studio monitors in the near future, suggestions would be cool!
>>
>>64179695

Just buy a Virus TI
>>
>>64179706
Probably get more out of an MS-20.
>>
>>64179695
My OC became pasta! I'm so proud of myself right now.
>>
>>64179444
>But doesn't that mean that I can play a myxolydian scale anywhere on the fretboard, as long as I keep the intervals right?
Correct. There is D-mixolydian, A-mixolydian, C-mixolydian just like there is A-minor and D-minor. They're just new scales, defined by their intervals.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 465x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 465x620
>>64179698
Happy NGD anon.

I'm very much wanting one, I have a JP and it's the best guitar I ever played. From what I've read the Majesty is an improvement in most aspects. I like the Illuminators more and put them on the JP.

How's it like? Would like to hear some honest opinions about it.
>>
>>64173996
>Gibson charges 40 bucks for a tiny, rectangular piece of metal
So, yeah, they're literally the Jews of the guitar industry. A freaking input jack plate, 40 bucks. I thought 7ender was bad with that stuff...
>>
>>64179816
Honestly, after watching videos and hearing reviews I thought there must be some problems or weak spots, and that they are just trying advertise it well. But that's not the case at all. I am yet to find a single flaw. I've never played a guitar that gave so much access and variety of tone as the Majesty. I get bored playing on other guitars now just because I'm so used to the standard of the Majesty. 10/10 friend
>>
>>64179758

thanks, anon. My skill level remained static for years, now I got around and learned all the pentatonics and now I'm diving deeper into scale and chord construction.
>>
>>64179188
i miss tpb
>>
What's a good Chorus pedal? Preferably something not too rare and not too expensive (not specifically looking for a budget level pedal, though).
>>
>>64180221
i use the mxr analog chorus and I like it a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 540x960
Picked up this sweet Brave Raptor 25W + 2x12 cab over the weekend. Finally grown up and got a real valvue amp, no more of this solid state business.
My rig if finally complete
>>
>>64180221
ADA Flanger. Super versatile pedal that covers a lot of different time based effects. Really great chorus tones and legendary flanger.
>>
Queston time: should I get The GLove from Electro Harmonix? So far I've always loved their pedals but this one looks just too good from the demos and reviews
>>
>>64180356
>no more of this solid state business.
laughing jazzchorus.jpg
>>
I'm finna buy a better amp for home recording.

Anybody have some recommendations for smaller amps that get really good clean tones (like for jazz), that also take pedals well?

I'm leaning more towards a tube amp, but would be open to solid state as well.
>>
>>64180415
The ADA Flanger's going to set you back a couple hundred bucks, if you can find one, it's not exactly a cheap pedal imo.
>>
>>64180701
a computer
>>
>>64180680
I'm not saying all solid state amps are bad, but you can't deny that valve amps give you a much better sound.
I've got an old Peavy 1x10 tiny practise somewhere that I love to bits, and that's solid state, it's a great little amp but I'd rather have a an all valve head and cab any day.
>>
>>64180886
>you can't deny that valve amps give you a much better sound.
So you'd take a Bugera over a Sunn Beta Lead, just because the bugera has tubes ?
>>
>>64180886
If you compare your 1x10 practice amp to a valve head, obviously the valve is gonna win. Most people's experience is with practice amps when it comes to solid state. There's nothing wrong with that, but you're clearly not in a position to judge if you haven't played a stage or recording worthy solid state. Try a solid state head when you get the chance some time.
>>
>>64180701
JC 40 or a 120 if you can find a good used one and don't mind loud. Nothing takes pedals better.
>>
>>64180912
Maybe, having never played either I can't say, I'd buy the amp that I liked the sound of most.
>>64180930
Tbh I think you're totally right, I think the valve snobbery might've had too much of an effect on me.
>>
>tfw want to go busking but am nervous as hell

hlep m8s, what do?
>>
>>64180701
Yamaha THR
>>
File: 3splithumbuckers.png (264 KB, 1023x788) Image search: [Google]
3splithumbuckers.png
264 KB, 1023x788
>>64176930 here again
Would something like this, but replacing the switches with a spin split be worth looking at?
>>
I'm looking for a good mic
is an sm57 the way to go?
or is it a meme and I'm better off with a samson co1? It'd just be bedroom tier recordings, nothing fancy or innovative
>>
File: IMG_20160419_154028595.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160419_154028595.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
>>64173996
Isn't she a beauty!
>>
Is there any reason not to get a multi FX pedal over multiple stompboxes?
>>
File: 20160419_103812.png (415 KB, 1433x555) Image search: [Google]
20160419_103812.png
415 KB, 1433x555
I plan to buy a Kiesel, and I am looking between these two, but any extended range will do

Redpill me on kiesel? How good are they for the price? I always see them shilled on forums and on YouTube
>>
>>64182209
most multi fx pedals are shit and only do one or two things decently. eventually you'll just never use it. i guess they're fine if you don't care and just want to mess around with different effects without spending a lot of money, but they are mostly shit in any setting other than a bedroom.

i've gotten them as gifts before when i was just starting out. they just sit in my closet now
>>
>>64180912
I would, because BETA leads are easy to break and expensive to repair, while bugera hasn't lit a store on fire in years.
>>
>>64182235
That's what I want to do but I'd rather be able to mess around and have the effects be useful outside my bedroom than just being able to mess about, I suppose.
>>
>>64179444
>>64179234

yes, if you slide the shape up a whole tone you'll be playing A mixolydian, if you shift the shape down 2 frets you'll be playing F mixolydian.

i'm not sure what you mean by the 'playing mixolydian G starting on the 5th fret of the D string though'.

for mixolydian you need to start on the 5th degree of a major scale, not the 5th degree of the mixolydian scale. if you start on the 5th degree of the mixolydian scale you'll be playing the dorian mode.
>>
So non-practice solid state amps are a meme right?

I guess they must be fine for high gain players but you really can't compare the sounds or feel between them and tube amps when playing clean. So much fuller and more responsive.
>>
>>64182213
See

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/309923-not-so-happy-new-gear-day-kiesel-photomatch-gone-wrong.html

For a story on Kiesel bad CS. They have dropped the ball recently when it comes to customer care, I guess it's because of the volume of orders they haven't been able to scale up and also they are becoming a bit cocky. Jeff seems to be a prick.

>>64182573
We had this talk before mate, some like SS for everything, some like tubes.
>>
>>64181300
seconded
>>
>>64182376

I meant that if you start off with a C major scale on the 3rd fret of the A-string, the included G mixolydian starts on the D-string, 5th fret, since this is the 5th degree of the aforementioned C major scale.

I'm working with this book and it explains modes by showing them as a part of a major scale, not as an independent pattern.
>>
>>64182667
oh, alright, that makes sense. i was just confused

those books never seem to go in how to actually use modes. they just explain how they work and throw patterns at you. it's really about what you play underneath it, you can't just play a C major chord and play a G mixolydian scale, it's just going to sound like C major scale. to get it to sound like a mode you need to play something like a G major chord or a G dom7 chord to imply that mixolydian scale.
>>
>>64182772

The book explains this though. It uses the G mixolydian scale over a chord progression with a G as its key.

That's what you mean, or not?
>>
File: bigFG730SNat.jpg (21 KB, 700x286) Image search: [Google]
bigFG730SNat.jpg
21 KB, 700x286
Is the Yamaha fg730s a good starter guitar for basic strums and maybe finger style
>>
any meal bass players here? lets talk tones.
>>
>>64179027
"I don't play anything cool"
-You
>>
>>64182573
Yeah the Jazz Chorus is reputated for being the best high gain amp that works on every type of metal
fucking tube fanboys and their garbage ideas

>>64182931
clang clang > plop plop > P bass sound.
That's only for meal though
>>
>>64182954
w-what is plop plop?
>>
>>64182933
What?

Shredding is cringeworthy in my eyes and it's not the kind of music I like.
>>
>>64182954
So it really is just metalheads that like them?
>>
>>64182873
yea, i'm glad that book is teaching that.

focus on mixolydian, dorian, and aeolian, those are by far the most common ones you will use. dorian is honestly basically completely interchangeable with aeolian too, the only difference is the 6th degree, and a natural 6th degree almost always is more useful and sounds better than the b6 in regular minor/aeolian.

i've never found a use for phrygian or locrian, there's better sounding options, like if i had to play over a min7b5 chord technically locrian is the most "in" choice, but a diminished scale sounds better and the sound is basically the same anyway
>>
>>64182959
Old School Death metal fingerstyle scooped bass sound.

>>64182993
>actually thinking the JAZZ CHORUS works best for metal
hi neutron star
>>
>>64183019
Ah fair enough.

Anyway I am using two EMG DC's and an MXR m80. Cant find a nice grindy sound no matter what. Constantly debating between low-blended low gain sound or highly blended high gain sound.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>64182954
>the Jazz Chorus is reputated for being the best high gain amp that works on every type of metal
>fucking tube fanboys and their garbage ideas
audible kek
>>
>>64183062
You don't need much gain for metal bass imo, it depends on which band you play with.
I'm no bassist but I think having some more high end could help you cut through the mix easier, this is pretty much one of my favourite bass sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PvGJn_MJhA
>>
>>64183010

thank you, anon. Appreciate your advice.
>>
All metal guitar sounds the same to me so it's weird when I see you people actively discussing your metal "tone".

What are the benefits to active pickups? Are they ready only good for high gain stuff? Or can clean sounds benefit too?
>>
>>64183124
Well to be honest the dude is playing a Warwick Corvette $$, the bass that is among the most notorious ones for growl and grind. And the pedal, well, preamp is also among the top rated ones.

Its a neat tone though.
>>
>>64183161
The main benefit of active pickups is being able to shape your sound with an onboard EQ, just look at basses. "metal guitars" with EMGs, a 3 way switch and a single volume knob are dumb as fuck, the only thing they have over other guitars is the high output, which isn't that useful, I like to play stoner with my single coil for exemple, and I often run my DiMarzio X2N at 60% of its volume because otherwise it picks up every single noise my string makes.
>>
>>64180940
Any idea how the JC40 handles fuzz?
>>
>>64183377
Like a sissy gay boy.

Buy a tube amp like a real man.
>>
You say 7 strings, I say 6.
You say Floyd Rose, I say hardtail.
You say solid state, I say valve amps.
You say active pickups, I say keep that shit away from me.
You say Yngwie Malmsteem, I say B.B King.
You play mindless shredding, I play soulful blues and rock.

Like and reply if you are a REAL guitarist.
>>
>>64183527
>6 strings

oh god wait a second are people STILL playing 6 stringed guitars?
>>
>>64183527
I know this is bait, but mention one single thing that a 6 string guitar has over its own 7 string version. The ergonomics are the same, the lower string does not come in the way, and the pickups have the same response.
And no, retards chugging the B string isn't the fault of the guitar.
>>
>>64183486
I have a Laney Cub10 tho.
>>
File: kek.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>64183486
> pic related
>>64183527
╔═════════════════ ೋღღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong guitar player ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no memes ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღღೋ ════════════════╝
>>
Is there a site that explains how to get tones from songs? It seems like I've seen it posted in /gg/ before but I can't find it.
>>
>>64183574
You don't require the 7th string in a lot of music and genres, therefore it does in fact get in the way

I mean I don't think I've ever thought to myself, "boy I could use a seventh string right now" and I doubt many people ever do

Why have an extra useless string, making it more difficult to play bass notes with your thumb for example, unless you tune it strange
>>
>>64183377
Just fine, don't fall for the tube meme, you'll be forever at the repair shop spending crazy money.
Consider a good set of tubes depending on use every other year at, at least $100 a set +install and bias. Enjoy the money pit.
>>
>>64183652
>You don't require the 7th string in a lot of music and genres
That makes no sense, you're the only one who's going to set limits to your playing, extra range and voicings are always going to be useful if you want to spice up your playing.
>I mean I don't think I've ever thought to myself, "boy I could use a seventh string right now" and I doubt many people ever do
Because there's a lot of misconceptions about 7 strings, just look at basses, 5 strings are almost just as popular as 4 strings.

Also the B string does not come in the way at all, have you ever sat with one ?
>>
File: 1460131775705.jpg (136 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
1460131775705.jpg
136 KB, 528x960
>>64183717
>>64183377
I have yet to change the tubes in my amp after one year of regular use.
Don't fall for the memer poorfags here. Choose whatever sound you like the most.
>>
>>64183789
You dont have to change tubes after one year dude.
>>
>>64183722
Yes I have.
I'm not sure how this needs further explaining. Not everyone plays metal.

I do a lot of fingerstyle stuff, I have a tendency to use my thumb to play bass notes on the E, an extra string makes that difficult. Everything I've ever wanted to play and all of the music I've played has been perfectly playable with 6.

It's not really setting limits to my playing if it's something I would never utilize in the first place. With that logic, you might as well get an 9 string or 10 string guitar. Hell, just buy a harp.

Besides, I've never seen a 7-steing guitar that is aesthetically appealing to me.
>>
>>64183888
look up mayones and amfisound guitars
>>
>>64183960
I don't want to buy a 7 string, anon. I don't think I ever will.
And those still don't look good to me.
>>
File: IBANEZ+AFJ957-VSB.jpg (118 KB, 622x1600) Image search: [Google]
IBANEZ+AFJ957-VSB.jpg
118 KB, 622x1600
>>64183888
>Not everyone plays metal.
Exactly, and not everyone with a 7 string plays metal either.
>I do a lot of fingerstyle stuff, I have a tendency to use my thumb to play bass notes on the E, an extra string makes that difficult.
No offense but that might come from your technique then, I don't have any trouble playing notes on the A string with my thumb, and there's people like Tosin Abasi or Guthrie Govan that slap on guitar
>you might as well get an 9 string or 10 string guitar.
Except you run into much more problems with these, the ergonomics are much more different. And I don't think there's really a point to 9/10s, as you already go down to a bass's E string with an 8 string.
>Besides, I've never seen a 7-steing guitar that is aesthetically appealing to me.
Yeah I can't agree enough on the fact there's not enough options for ERGs, the only traditional 7 string I've seen's pic related.
>>
>>64184017
I've been playing 6 strings my whole life ,of course trying to replicate my playing on a guitar with an extra string is gonna be more difficult.

I'm not sure if we're arguing anymore at this point. I simply don't see any point in a 7 string for myself and it will never be under consideration by me.
>>
Hi
I'd like to give a try on the Chapman stick?
How many strings to begin?
And do I need a different rig?
>>
File: baldy.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
baldy.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>64173996
Does anyone have a link to that video of Billy Corgan showing off his huge collection of pedals and explaining the settings on some of them for how he got the siamese dream sounds? It seems like the video got taken off of Youtube. Or if you simply have his pedalchain? Im looking for that clean guitar sound. I know he ran something like MXR Distortion II -> Muff -> MXR phase 90
>>
>>64184178
DALE
>>
>>64180680
Acoustic Control Corporation shill here, solid state is the way to go.
>>
>>64182573
Solid state cleans are way better. More clean headroom, too.
>>
>>64184463
I'd argue the opposite, tube cleans just sound so much nicer to me a lot more roomy. Maybe I'm biased I don't know, but it feels better to play on too
>>
Friends' tube amp doesn't give proper sound UNLESS something is plugged into the fx loop. Anyone know what the cause might be?
>>
>>64184916
What amp mate?
>>
>>64184178

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZemTcTyJKs

This might be the video you're on about
>>
>>64184102
I'm not trying to say "buy a 7 string", but rather "stop pretending 7 strings are for chugga chugga"
>>
>>64184963
Vox Night train NT15C1 combo
>>
Help gg, I'm trying to study up on myscvales but I just don't get it. Pentatonic scales will always follow the same shape and it's root determines if it's major or minor? It doesn't change shape?
What is the difference between a major scale and a major pentatonic?
>>
anyone here ever check out a peavey t-60? i kind of want one because they're so beautiful but the cheap price leads me to believe there's a catch?
>>
>>64181049
get drunk
then do it
you have to get that real hobo vibe
>>
>>64174388
>5 minutes

That's nothing. How do they get away with that shit?
>>
>>64181303
You can do this series and parallel as shown. If your jumpers are on the top lugs on all three switches rather than coming down to white, you could send the jumpers out to a spin.

Probably make your middle tone universal so the second tone can be the 3gang spin.

IMO this is a bunch of extra settings. Two hot humbuckers with a 3 way and a spin is a more practical way to go.
>>
>>64185693
It weighs like a SUV
>>
>>64185568
Stop studying "shapes" and learn what notes they are instead, C major is CDEFGAB while C major pentatonic is CDEGA

>>64185693
They're heavy. And PEAVEY is written on it, which instantly devaluates the product.
>>
>>64185693
the only deal is that it's heavy. it's fucking great. same thing with the t-40, versatile but heavy like a bastard. enough to where you pick it up and you're like "damn this is heavy"
>>
>>64186079
No the anon who asked but, what I get from this is that major pentatonic is 1-2-3-5-6 from a major scale?
How do the other pentatonic scales work? S
>>
File: file.png (207 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
file.png
207 KB, 495x495
>mfw I put a fender strap on my gibson
>>
>>64186133
I don't derivate them from other scales, I just know that it's major second, major third, fifth and major sixth
C minor pentatonic would be CEbFGBb, which is root, minor third, fourth, fifth and minor seventh
>>
>>64186133
the other pentatonic scales are just a rearrangement of those intervals

C maj pentatonic is - C D E G A (C)
A minor pentatonic is - A C D E G (A)

same notes in a different order. the other patterns are the same principle. all these patterns are in the same key, they just start on a different note. so if i were to start on the note D, the pentatonic in the key of C would be D E G A C (D)
>>
How often do you people change your strings ?
>>
>>64186281
every other week with uncoated
every other month with coated ones
>>
>>64186281
2 months on my acoustic

2 years on my electric guitar

never changed them on my bass (it's 10 years old)
>>
>>64186281
i rust strings fast, it depends how much i play, but usually within 2 weeks of moderate playing they will be tarnished and grimy
>>
>>64186316
>2 years on my electric guitar
>never changed them on my bass (it's 10 years old)
what the fuck man
>>
>>64186316
2 years ? That's a long period
>>
>>64186363
don't ask me why but they don't get that rusty, my bass strings are basically new after I leave them in alcohol for a couple of hours

maybe my sweat is not very acid

>>64186408
I don't like the twangy new string sound on my electric
>>
>>64186363
not that anon, but i know a bass player who hasn't changed his strings in a long time and every time he plays his fingers turn black from all the finger gunk and nastiness on those strings.

seriously disgusting. i don't know what the deal with these types are, it takes like 15 minutes to change strings, fucking do it
>>
>>64186453
Rust isn't the only thing fucking up your strings senpai
>>
>>64186453
>I don't like the twangy new string sound on my electric

so get flat wounds...? once you stretch strings they lose their "new" sound
>>
File: 1391312261771.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1391312261771.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>64186455
maybe we're just bad at it
err maybe they're just bad at it
he he
>>
>>64186363

my guitar player has a bass at his house and i hate it every time i cant bring mine over because his has all the strings rusted, dirty and full of gunk

he's had them on for like 8 years and the bass went through two player before me

i wash my hands like a germophobe whenever i have to play it
>>
>>64186538
will try next time
>>
>>64186625
by next time i'm assuming that will be 20 years from now?
>>
>>64186657
After Pope Francis dies so a couple of months tops don't worry
>>
>>64186678
wait... are you going to strangle him with your dirty guitar strings?
>>
File: 1460337820016.gif (103 KB, 450x527) Image search: [Google]
1460337820016.gif
103 KB, 450x527
>>64183717
>>
>>64183794
Some amps burn through power tubes. They shouldn't run that hot, but they do.
>>
How the fuck do you mute properly when slapping, especially when you use your thumb a lot?
https://clyp.it/jfq4hsx0
You can hear that fucking E string ringing in the end.
>>
File: 114ce.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
114ce.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>64177614
>>64177671
>you don't want to injure yourself
pls be bait

Your fingers hurt like hell the first week. After that you'll have grown callus and you'll be fine. Just keep playing. If you want the pain to be gone faster be extra masochistic, like bending on the second fret. Pic related, couldn't play the day after I got it because it hurt so bad.
>>
>>64187053
left hand
>>
>>64183527
>You say active pickups, I say keep that shit away from me.
Lost it.
>>
>>64179695
kek
>>
>>64186281
>>64187085
pic related came with a relatively pristine looking set of elixir nanowebs. Changed them 4 days ago (bought the guitar on new year's eve). Sound infinitely better now.
>>
Found a used g400 pro for 260, worth it? Or do I go for new for a hundred bucks more?

>inb4 neither
Suggestions for 300-400 dollar punk/metal guitars also welcome
>>
>>64180973
u r mr gay
>>
>>64187271
I have one of those, it's definitely worth it for that money.

Do you know what country is it from?
>>
>>64187976
In this price range, I'm guessing either china or indonesia
>>
>>64187976
Only have a photo of the front unfortunately, probably what >>64188057 said.
>>
>>64184984
>>64184984
It is but it's not available in my country. Got a mirror or something?
>>
File: 344201.jpg (18 KB, 139x420) Image search: [Google]
344201.jpg
18 KB, 139x420
>>64187271
tbqh
>>
>>64186455
15 minutes? Yeah maybe if you're physically retarded
>>
>>64174168
all i can hear is ear cancer
>>
>>64185693
Hope you like narrow, skinny necks with small frets
>>
>>64188428
Oh well, Indonesia is definitely better than China. Not every Chinese guitar is bad, but it's pretty much a lottery.
>>
>>64188573
Most indos I've played were okay, nothing exceptional but definitely gig worthy. I think the Ibanez SR505's indonesian and it plays and sound great
>>
SOMEONE PLS

I've googled endlessly, and im beggining to think the amp I seek doesn't exist.

I need an amp that has a 12 inch speaker, can do metal and blues but still sound good clean. Now that's all fine and dandy, but on top of all that, it has to be under 700 dollars.

wat do?
>>
>>64188638
>wat do?
search on google and find some fucking answers
>>
>>64188638
Marshall DSL40C might be your only chance.

tbqhpham I ended up with a Mark V because of those requirements
>>
>>64188638
Second-hand JVM410C.
>>
>>64188737
Under $700? Really?
A friend has one, I never truly liked the tone of it but I remember it was quite expensive.
>>
>>64188701
>didnt read where it clearly said i did
>>
>>64188802
you never said you found some answers fuckboi
>>
>>64188814
cant find answers if google doesnt show me them.
>>
>>64188638
Get a vintage Acoustic combo and some dirt pedals, one for blues and one for metal.
>>
>>64181747
How hard is it to get into making homemade pedals? Also, how do they sound compared to popular models on average? My board is fine, but I thought it might be fun to get into building my own pedals.
>>
File: guthrie_guitar_large.jpg (228 KB, 538x700) Image search: [Google]
guthrie_guitar_large.jpg
228 KB, 538x700
how do i play like pic related?
>>
>>64187085
Nice Taylor. I got a 110 myself.

The first guitar I started on was with my dad's ancient acoustic that had a ridiculously high action and old, rough strings. My Taylor with Elixirs feels comfy as hell.
You guys will be fine.
>>
Hey /mu/ I play guitar for 5 years now, never had a single guitar lesson I learned myself pretty much everything (I can play complete Metallica songs) I want to take some guitar lessons to improve myself and see if I make mistakes in my playing. What can I expect from guitar lessons and are they usefull?
>>
>>64189263

lessons are always useful anon

expect many many excercises

if you wanna be ahead of the curve make sure you know every note on your fretboard before starting the lessons
>>
>>64189263
>(I can play complete Metallica songs)
Today is full of baits
>>
>>64189195
short answer: practice
long answer: fucking practice
>>
>>64189400
how is that bait? he is using it as a gauge to explain his abilites. he didnt say he was a guitar god. kill yourself nigger.
>>
>>64189067
its pretty simple really, there are a couple really great diy forums you might wanna look into for info/input/trouble shooting. should be pretty identical sounding, never tried a clone that sounded 100% identical to a vintage pedal but often its the case that clones built by different people of the same circuit sound identical.
>>
>>64189297
>if you wanna be ahead of the curve make sure you know every note on your fretboard before starting the lessons
I fucking need to work on this.
Also ear training is really important, I can hear some notes and loosely locate where in the fretboard it's being played and then improvise but know jack shit about theory and modes. I just have some patterns memorized.
I feel that once I break that barrier and get my theory in check I will become much better.
>>
>>64188573
Assuming it's chinese what would be some decent pups to replace with? Or would I even have to go that far?
>>
File: Capture.png (2 KB, 358x90) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2 KB, 358x90
>>
>>64189634
Lessons will do you a lot of good.
Learning how to read sheet music is integral to learning any instrument because it teaches you the fretboard and every note on it.
Reading tablature is pretty useless because key signatures aren't made up of fret numbers.
Highly recommend learning to read it, every musician that ever has is better for it.
>>
>>64188531
>not liking glorious farty fuzz
>>
>>64188487
Do you actually have one
They're shit for anything that isn't jazz/clean tone
>>
File: IMAG0090.jpg (4 MB, 4208x2368) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0090.jpg
4 MB, 4208x2368
Got accepted by a conservatory today, stoked as fuck.
Has anyone here ever applied for one or is anyone in music school here?
pic is my bass baby.
>>
>>64188638
well you could go for a 10 inch with the randall rg230sc, nice cleans, good for metal, and it has two speakers
>>
>>64190418
Applied for jazz guitar, didn't practice enough and failed. Was overwhelmed by the amount of shit you already have to know. Thank god though, that would have easily been the most useless degree possible.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.