[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
headphones thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: ATH-M40x-side.jpg (97 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
ATH-M40x-side.jpg
97 KB, 1600x1600
everyone talks about the m50x's, but what does /mu/ think about the m40x's?
>>
I'd save up and buy a decent set of cans.
>>
>>64173614
how are they as entry level headphones though?
>>
File: MSR7_-_4.jpg (232 KB, 1332x999) Image search: [Google]
MSR7_-_4.jpg
232 KB, 1332x999
My impression reading people argue forever is they're good if that's all you're willing to pay for, but if you're gonna drop decent money for headphones you should save up for the $200 range and not need to buy more later. The MSR7s have been broadly well received in that range for "portable" headphones, and I am of the opinion that if you're not taking them out of the house you should be buying a sound system instead anyway.
>>
>>64173679
honestly at that price range you are just buying different variations of compromised sound quality. if you are OK with wasting your money just buy which pair looks the best because they all perform well below any sort of threshold where one is going to be "better" in some arbitrary way. there isn't a major jump in quality that is meaningful until you get into real headphone's, and which point the sins are different omissions from a reference standard.

its your money, and its not hard at all to save it up till you are able to buy a real set of cans.
>>
>>64173537

They're obviously about 10 less...
>>
i have sennheisers hd 558s, how do these rank?
>>
In all honesty, my Sony MDR-XB300s are so good. I've had them for 6 years now. They've taken all the beatings I've given them. Tossed around everywhere, left them in my car during -32degree weather. Still sound good too.
>>
>>64173537
theyre pretty decent, but honestly I was hoping to get blown away so i ruined it for myself.

i think im gonna use these for a few years and when i feel like it get a mid-high range headphones plus amp. unless they blow me away, i dont expect to make much more headphone purchases
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.