[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are bands like arctic monkeys seen as the face of the Indie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: grizzly-bear.jpg (28 KB, 480x623) Image search: [Google]
grizzly-bear.jpg
28 KB, 480x623
Why are bands like arctic monkeys seen as the face of the Indie realm in normie land whilst stuff that is equally as popular and arguably far more relevant to Indie "culture" like grizzle bear aren't? You couldn't go onto any music site in 2009 without some retard spamming two weeks lyrics
>>
Grizzly Bear is insipid crap for lame douchebags who go to RISD
>>
>>64171160
Why does this band get so much hate? I don't understand.
>>
They're trendy. My 15 year old brother is the only legit fan I can think of and even he afmits that they aren't all that great past yellow house
>>
>>64171456
Mainstream indie is an easy target and it doesn't take much effort to insult the music or its listeners.

I don't know if Grizzly Bear suck or not, though.
>>
>>64171503
Grizzly bear are so strange in that sense. They're quite popular yet no one talks about them. They're not quite modest mouse popularility, not even halfway but even that considered barely anyone talks about them despite them being huge around MPP era
>>
>>64171456
I think they're in that first awkward phase of being out of style, before you can accept that times have changed and appreciate it in its own context. Like, looking at OP's image makes me want to go back to Portland in 2009 and beat the shit out of my roommate. The wounds of the era are too new, we all need more time.
>>
>>64171642
I kind of get what you mean... I think?

When I think of GB I feel a sort of, embarrassed nostalgia. Like I miss the times when I was into them but I know they are not as good as I once thought.
>>
>>64171838
Are they the my chemical romance of the new generation or something
>>
Fleet Foxes dropped; while still not a great band, they were definitely more than pretty voices on less than compelling hooks.
>>
>>64170453
I can't listen to their music at all, and i don't know how anyone can
>>
>>64171456
because it's insanely beige music for "indie rocker" jackasses
>>
>>64171838
yeah embarrassed nostalgia, I like that.
>>
>>64172001
Trust me, I'm not trying to defend Indie folk, its one of the worst things ever created, but this grizzly bear vs fleet foxes rivalry is so one sided. Fleet foxes have like 1 good song and did the whole stupid nu male romanticizing muh country side with pretty standard everything. GB was very accurate at "" postmodern"" and whilst not always engaging tried new shit and dipped into freak folk. What the hell did fleet foxes do besides strum g chords over beach boys vocals
>>
>>64172390
Trv3 k4lt metal fan detected.
>>
>>64172372
BC its inoffensive or the other way around? Mix of both?
>>
>>64173619
FF have two great albums, GB has like half of one.
>>
>>64170453
Didn't this whole band die in a car accident or something?
>>
>>64174841
that was other unbearably white 2009core buzzband called women
>>
>>64173646
>he doesn't get what I'm talking about

gg
>>
>>64171160
>RISD
>this indie pop shit

i dont know where the fuck you got your ideas about RISD kids but you would be banished in art school for listening to this low-brow shit. they are incredibly elitist and would never listen to a consumerist band like this. everyone at RISD listens to harsh noise, eai, and art music.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.