[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do the Arctic Monkeys get shit on so much? I think their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Shaggy 6.png (984 KB, 863x661) Image search: [Google]
Shaggy 6.png
984 KB, 863x661
Why do the Arctic Monkeys get shit on so much? I think their first two albums were pretty good.

What're your thoughts?
>>
Because its cool too. Same reason everyone here hates Mumford and sons because they are "generic" then in the same sentence say fleet foxes are original and good
>>
>>64169936
I have never heard Fleet Foxes praised here. All these bands mentioned are generic as fuck. Fuck off with your normie shit
>>
Their debut is actually one of my favourite albums of all time, Turner's got really clever lyrics and the band themselves have amazing energy. Second album though is just disappointing, which is a shame cos it's the last real example of the early Arctics sound. The albums afterwards, with the exception of Suck It And See are alright but none of them measure up to the EP.
>>
>>64169772
easily one of my favourite bands
not even ashamed desu
>>
File: Offshore.jpg (45 KB, 618x450) Image search: [Google]
Offshore.jpg
45 KB, 618x450
I BET THAT YOU LOOK GOOD AN OFF SHORE
DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR NO TAX OR

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/jul/11/arctic-monkeys-tax-avoidance-liberty

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/michael-caine-arctic-monkeys-among-3836123
http://www.nme.com/news/arctic-monkeys/78431
>>
>>64169987
That means you're new, which Is conflicting with your statement because you are in the Marxist r/indieheads era of moo. Teenagers praise fleet foxes here
>>
>>6416977
*Thought
>>
personally think the album AM is one of their of best ones yet.
>>
>>64169772
Suck It and See is underrated, so is Humbug. Favourite Worst Nightmare, their debut and AM is fucking sweet
And i'm dismissing the b-sides
>>
>>64169936
I hate Fleet Foxes for being nu-male pussies though. But I must say their music is stylistically whole and they can write some catchy melodies (like that I was following the I was following the I was following the I song)
>>
After I heard their debut I briefly lost interest in music as a whole. It was another overhyped album NME-core is notorious for. All their favorite shit like White Stripes, Strokes and so on is my least favorite thing in music in the 2000s. All while legitimately good garage rock bands like The Exploding Hearts got overshadowed by tweens' new heroes, as usual.

Not only the vocalist couldn't even sing, he also could barely write any melodies. This and Turner's cute face was enough though to get teenage girls to wet their panties and propel him to stardom.

I actually liked their album which had that Brick by Brick song on it. Around this album they had finally learned to write tunes and Alex even tried to sing. He still couldn't though.

So now they actually make better music than they ever have. But they still remain as irrelevant as ever. They've become the parody of themselves with their image. What they are now is just One Direction who can write songs. Meaning that if you listen to Arctic Monkeys, you're most likely 1) a naive girl 2) a pussy ass faggot who can't push up once.
>>
Their first two albums are interesting but after that, shit just goes down for them. AM is probably the cringiest album I've ever heard. I don't know what happen to Tuner to make such a pretentious douche.
>>
>>64171542
>I don't know what happen to Tuner to make such a pretentious douche.
Cocaine and America
>>
>>64169772
because tumblr likes it, and we can't like anything tumblr likes. also they are genuinely below average.
>>
England used to produce bands like Genesis.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.