[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will this be panned in solidarity for Larkin Grimm? will pitchfork
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: therapinman.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
therapinman.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
will this be panned in solidarity for Larkin Grimm? will pitchfork use the same excuse as the they did on Sun Kil Moon, and pretend the music just isn't as good, when you really know they're really just playing politics?
>>
>>64169107
Yes it will be pretty much universally panned.
It will however, be their best since Children of God.
>>
>>64169129
that's not fair

will larkin grimm get BNM on her next ep?
>>
>>64169167
>that's not fair

babby's first Pitchfork-induced existential crisis
>>
>>64169238
its just bs, at least this happened after he got successful
>>
>>64169107
>will this be panned in solidarity for Larkin Grimm?
I don't think so. I forgot that was even I thing.
>>
Probably not
>>
I hope so, then liking Swans will become patrician again and not p4kore
>>
>>64169107
>will pitchfork use the same excuse as the they did on Sun Kil Moon, and pretend the music just isn't as good, when you really know they're really just playing politics?
not only did they pretend that but they devoted half the review to when mark told an entire audience that a p4k writer wanted to have his babies
>>
>>64169399
They gave Cop/Young God a 2.0.
Fuck P4k
>>
Nah, that story is fake so Gira-senpai is safe.
>>
Yeah I very much doubt Pitchfork will praise it to the extent they praised To Be Kind or The Seer.

Who gives a fuck though? Swans up until the past couple of years has always been an underground rock band willing to be adventurous sonically and lyrically. If you actually like this band, or music in general really, then Pitchfork panning it shouldn't put you off it.

At the same time however I don't necessarily think they'll start praising Larkin's music either. But we'll see, and even if they do, I don't care.
>>
>>64169518
Quality post
>>
>>64169430
they're a fucking joke.
>>
>>64169518
yeah it won't affect my enjoyment of the album just kind of feel bad for Big Mike.
>>
>>64169785
Ratings don't do shit for him you know that?
He makes his money thru tours and us buying the live albums
why would he care about a arbitrary number typed by some blogger brat

If anything you need to grow up and stop browsing pitchfork.
>>
>>64169518
Is Larkin's music even praise worthy? I've never listened but now I'm curious
>>
>>64169785
Honestly given what we know of Michael Gira I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a fuck if Pitchfork give him BNM or not. How many years did he toil making records that hardly anybody knew about in the underground rock scene? The people who have enjoyed the band's work will listen and buy this shit regardless of what Pitchfork say.
>>
>>64170440
You can probably find her music easily on YouTube or something. I can't remember much about it but it wasn't particularly special although the arrangements were decent and she had a good voice. Nothing to get massively excited over but I dunno, maybe some people would really dig it.
>>
Reminder that Mark Kozelek got a 6/10 for making some "sexist" comments about a Pitchfork writer, and then Kanye West got a 9/10 Best New Music after literally defending a rapist.
>>
>>64170621
Yes but this fits into Pitchfork's narrative of Kanye West being a say-anything-on-his-mind daredevil willing to challenge norms or whatever bullshit they come up with nowadays.
>>
>>64170711
Kanye West is a fucking hack.
>>
why is this board still obsessed with pitchfork
>>
>>64169238
this

who fucking cares about p4k
>>
File: kanye btfo p4k.png (130 KB, 492x404) Image search: [Google]
kanye btfo p4k.png
130 KB, 492x404
>>64170711

and then he goes and does this
>>
>>64169360
Pitchfork sure didn't, they mentioned it when Gira released the dates.
>>
>>64170845
While I do think there should probably be more black representation on mainstream music websites and shit, especially commenting about historically black music, Kanye is pretty fucking stupid to say this. It doesn't make any sense. You can't just put "black music" in a box and never expect outsiders to have opinions on it.
>>
>>64169518
>>64169855
>>64170547
What the fuck when did /mu/ actually become a good place to discuss music.
>>
>>64169107
Pitchforks "agenda" is just trying to match that of their main audience or what's popular right now. Feminism is huge and oppressive white men are the main enemy.

Don't blame p4k, theyre just looking for those clicks bruh. Gotta pay the bills somehow.
>>
>>64170845
is this form of racism justified?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.