[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a thread about how certain songs, or albums/EP's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: andy denzler 5[3].jpg (61 KB, 618x620) Image search: [Google]
andy denzler 5[3].jpg
61 KB, 618x620
Let's have a thread about how certain songs, or albums/EP's make you feel, any abstract sensations they contribute.

How these sensations manifest within the thread is up to you, so as to not be inhibiting. For instance, you may record yourself crying and link us to that via vocaroo, or write something brief, a poem or short story; perhaps you're imbued to draw a picture and upload that. You may want to bluntly state how you feel. It's all fair, here.

All that being said, I invite you all to revisit the music whose weight you've felt for so long and express it in an environment that celebrates self-indulgence.
>>
File: geek the girl.jpg (164 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
geek the girl.jpg
164 KB, 1062x1062
Here's one from me.
>Lisa Germano - Geek the Girl (the song, not the album)

Slowly I tear through the fabric.

A mere caterpillar, I sometime ago retired myself to this cocoon, but now I erupt a butterfly. I feel so vast, unbounded, as though I could cast a shadow over the sun. With these autumn wings, I feel as though I could glide across galaxies.

Propelled by insatiable desire I leap into the wind and let my gentle wings take me, but I do not glide. My wings are covered in syrup. I fall, and fall, and fall, and when I think surely the ground is near, still I fall to depths unfathomable.

It is not long before I am found by a spider. Generously I am rendered numb by its secretion, before tightly wound in web and hauled off. The spider attaches me to its webbing. My wings are tattered beyond recognition and repair. Mercifully, the spider aims to soon eat me, but a stray bird appears and eats it instead.

I linger to this webbing, subject to the winds' whims and when my senses are restored nothing can see me struggle, nothing can hear me scream.
>>
I have more, but I want others to contribute before I post them.

Please participate.

I'm empathetic.

I want to know how music makes you feel.
>>
I was quite eager to receive you guys' thoughts on songs/various releases in this format.

This is disappointing.
>>
File: Kl3Nw7Z.png (387 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Kl3Nw7Z.png
387 KB, 500x500
>The United States of America - Love Song for the Dead Che

My favorite song of all time. I've listened to it countless times in countless scenarios, and it's really the only song that's ever made me come close to crying. Everything in the song, from the subtle percussion, to the string section, to Dorothy Moskowitz's delivery of the lyrics is honestly perfect to me.
>>
Viodre - Broker; Stance; Fortitude
I am driving to the airport.

My lover is also in the car with me. She is flipping through what is either a hotel brochure or a photo album while faintly mumbling about topics of equal oddity and disinterest to me. At unequal intervals she reaches for my bicep and squeezes. She routinely does this, for as long as I've known her, and I've stopped trying to derive why.

I feel like I'm going to crash the car.

Among her otherwise undiscernable speech I hear my name. She says she loves me. She says she can't wait and that she's so excited that I've invited her into my life. She squeezes my bicep again and I veer to the right, into the railing. The front right tire goes airborne, and the rest follow suit.

We careen into the river, the tinny "Just Married!" cans that trailed us having been torn from the bumper float among yesterday's waste. When she surfaces the white foam surrounding her is so dense it's as though she's in her gown again.
>>
I'm really disappointed that this thread failed.

Oh well. Final bump.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.