[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So which one's the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: talk.png (481 KB, 901x300) Image search: [Google]
talk.png
481 KB, 901x300
So which one's the best?
>>
>>64167698
That image but in reverse order.
>>
>>64167698
Laughing Stock obviously.
I personally prefer The Colour of Spring to the Spirit of Eden, but that's mostly just a preference.
>>
>>64167698
Laughing Stock > Spirit of Eden > Colour of Spring
>>
File: qt3.14.jpg (20 KB, 400x343) Image search: [Google]
qt3.14.jpg
20 KB, 400x343
Laughing Stock, but I see Colour of Spring/ Laughing Stock as an unofficial double album tbqh and listen to them sequentially. Don't get why everyone always pits them against each other, they're both perfect.

Colour of Spring is one of the best new wave/ art pop/ whatever albums of the 80s too tho. Up there with XTC's Skylarking for me. And don't forget London 1986 which has some beautiful live renditions of material that sounded tinny and underdeveloped on It's My Life. The version of Tomorrow Started on there is one of my fav Talk Talk songs.

Also Mark Hollis s/t. I need to listen to that one more but it's predictably beautiful.

God, I love this man so much.
>>
>>64168135
/universe
>>
>>64167698
ste,e,ep by ste-e-p
>>
>>64167698
It's My Life obv
>>
>>64167698
definitely NOT colour of spring
why do people like that album
>>
>>64169382
because it's amazing
>>
>>64169427
it really doesnt appeal to me at all
what do u like about it
>>
Spirit of Eden > Laughing Stock > The Colour of Spring
>>
File: file.png (14 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
file.png
14 KB, 530x444
>that electric organ on After The Flood

How does such a simple sequence manage to sound so overwhelmingly sad?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.