[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microphones/Mount Eerie General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: mt_eerie_sauna.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
mt_eerie_sauna.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
I don't see this dudes work discussed a lot on here lately, but I'm starting to get very intrigued by his style of music, producing, etc.

I haven't listened to his Mount Eerie stuff however, so what is there to expect coming off his 4 Microphones studio albums and various Misc. LP's?
>>
You haven't listened to any Mount Eerie at all? It's all great, though there's a small step down in songwriting as compared to his 10/10 threepeat. He seems to have allowed other styles and genres to affect it. Most notably Black Metal on Wind's Poem and Drone on Sauna. Both great albums btw
>>
There isn't really much bad on the Mt Eerie front,
Lost Wisdom is my favourite at the moment its just a couple of his more simple songs. Wind Poem is really good bit of a black metal influence to it
>>
>>64165336
Surprising bursts of black metal, lush instrumentation at times, stripped down folk the other times, mixes between those, lyrics about contemplating nature, some ambient stuff, atmospheric feelsey stuff. Just good ol'Phil doing his thing. No Flashlights and Clear Moon are great starting places.
>>
File: blood.jpg (414 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
blood.jpg
414 KB, 800x800
>>64165436
I recently got into some more deep cuts of the Microphones besides The Glow pt.2. I'm a really huge fan of the sort of tape music experimentation (I don't know how else to word it, but I think you catch my drift) on some lesser thought of albums like Blood.

To hear that he incorporates some other kinds of genres like black metal has perked my interest now, seeing I just downloaded the studio albums for him now. The fact that I discovered he continued his work made me happy because I'm unsure if there's other artists that really have that kind of sound and feel to their music.
>>
>>64165543
Well there's this bandcamp dude called German Error Message that has similar vibes, good stuff.

Also check out logic songs by little kid
>>
>>64165580
Noted. I'll check them out in a bit.

So how would people rate Phil's work from best to worst? I'm not sure if there's people who are bigger fans of his earlier stuff as The Microphones before The Glow Pt. 2, such as stuff like Tests.
>>
>>64165656
There's so much stuff I don't know if I remember it, but the Microphone's big three are obviously goat. That Jimmy Sharp: Man of Mystery tape isn't so bad, I think I'd put it on the same level as Tests. All the Mount Eerie stuff like Wind's Poem, Clear Moon, Ocean Roar, Sauna, Lost Wisdom, No Flashlight, Dawn, all the live albums etc. are all great. The only thing I outright dislike is Pre-Human Ideas, and I'm pretty sure he was taking the piss when he made it.
>>
>>64165763
Not to mention that to find HQ quality rips of his work is near impossible.
>>
>>64166004
Yeah, I'm still on the look out for Lost Wisdom, No Flashlight, and Dawn
>>
>>64166051
Actually rutracker's got them in Flac or 320 if I'm not mistaking.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.