[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it cool for girls to listen to manly music (like metal)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 12
Why is it cool for girls to listen to manly music (like metal) but not cool for guys to listen to girly music (like carly rae jepsen)?
>>
>>64164946
because youre overly conscious about what other people think about your music
>>
Because you don't mess with dykes but faggots are fun to make fun of
>>
>"What are you, a poof?"
That's why.
>>
>>64164972
/thread
>>
>>64164972
truuu
>>
It's a matter of degree.

If a girl is seen as too manly, it's not cool.

It's just that the threshold is so low for men to be called complete faggots. Masculinity is just more monolithic. While femininity has no real definition.
>>
why is it alright for a girl to wear jeans but not for a guy to wear a skirt?
>>
>>64165039
this.

while a women's ego revolves mostly around attention, a dudes ego revolves mostly around independance
>>
File: image.jpg (250 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250 KB, 800x800
>>64165041
What's a skirt?
>>
>>64164946
Because society has conditioned men to feel ashamed for not liking things that are masculine.

If there's anything feminists have actually gotten right it's that men should be able to like girly shit without fear of being judged.
>>
>>64165090
stfu anime fag
>>
>>64165120
I actually despise anime. Not memeing, I think it's disgusting weeb trash
>>
>>64165063
that's not what I said at all, you sissy faggot. maybe you should try being more independent yourself instead of echoing everything you hear on pol9k.
>>
>>64165153
kpop kunt
>>
>>64165186
Not a waifufag either, sorry m8.
>>
>>64164946
let's say I accept your premise (I don't, btw)-
why do you care what other people think?
just own it and you'll win grudging respect from people for not gaf
>>
It is cool to listen to girly music now with poptimism being at the top.
>>
>>64165326
that's easy to say coming from someone who isn't being brutally raped every night in prison for it
>>
Literally thought I was on r9k
>>
Because males are super insecure about the fragility of their masculinity and it's created an image of maintaining masculinity amongst normies. Male here, if you disagree with or are salty about this, you're either in denial that you're the kind of male I'm talking about or you don't understand I'm talking in general about males, not every single male.
>>
>>64165335
this
embrace your inner poptimist op
>>
>>64165063
get off /r9k/

>>64164946
Because men are suppose to be the logical and protective types

listening to "girl" music indicates that person in tough times will not be able to protect his own family. because women are symbolized as the weaker sex(somewhat true)
but anyway modern feminism is just women acting more like men
>>
>>64164972
>you don't mess with dykes
why not?
>>
>>64164946
Who the fuck cares? Listen to what you like and stop whanging labels on things for no reason.
>>
>>64164946
Does not apply anymore
>>
>>64165090
But that's one of their beliefs most destructive to mankind. Get out of here, dress-wearer.
>>
>>64165788
good. I want women to have the power and pressure that men have to deal with everyday.
let's see how they like cutting the grass and being a plumber.
More time for me to listen to music.

can't wait for feminist to take over so my future wife takes cares of me.
>>
>>64165634
They'll kick your ass, sissyboy.
>>
>>64165572
this anon got it right.
>>
It's not cool for girls to listen to that music either
>>
>>64165788
In what way is it destructive? It's destructive not to acknowledge it. Do you know how many issues of violence stem from the fact that men feel emasculated and feel the need to prove their manhood? You can be a tough, productive member of society without being stereotypically "manly."

You're misguided if you think what I'm saying is men should be pussies and that the productivity of society will fall because no "men" will be left around.
>>
>>64166262
this desu they just get away w/ it cause girls arent cool in the first place
>>
wear what you like, listen to what you like

>>64165041
>not for a guy to wear a skirt
>>
>>64165836
>my future wife takes
lmao, i bet you're a sjw feminist hater online, and i bet you take your online memes irl and avoid 'degenerates' and 'tumblr/reddit/facebook' people, how will you end up with a feminist with your mentality?
>>
>women who likes conventionally masculine music
Wow it's so refreshing to meet a girl who's into music that isn't all pop music. I better get to know her because I like music too!

>man who likes conventonally feminine music
ugh, this guy's gotta be gay.
>>
>>64164946
>Why is it cool for girls to listen to manly music (like metal)
because pussy trumps all, and also girls can still be cute and/or hot no matter what they're taste in music is

>but not cool for guys to listen to girly music (like carly rae jepsen)?
because that's unattractive and unappealing for most people in western society, it gives off an aura of fragility and childishness, and most adults don't want that in their life whatsoever
>>
>>64164946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJWjcI2pJH4
>>
>>64168257

k
>>
>>64164946
because metal is cool and carly rae jepsen isn't
>>
>>64166296
Think you're talking about blacks anon
>>
>>64164946
>Metal
>Manly
top kek, girls don't listen to actual manly shit.
>>
The trick is being masculine in the first place.

If you're some limp hipster type listening to CRJ you just come off as effeminate, and not really all that attractive to most women.

I'm pretty masculine (think redneck (without the bedazzled jeans) / skinhead (without the politics one way or the other) , drive a big lifted truck, work physical jobs, etc and girls think it's charming when they find out I actually like The Carpenters, Kate Bush, The Smiths or certain Tay Tay songs.
>>
>>64168468
>implying there aren't ignorant and violent whites
stop thinking about race so much anon gee whiz
>>
>>64165090

this is true.
>>
>>64165090
>If there's anything feminists have actually gotten right it's that men should be able to like girly shit without fear of being judged.
except when it also sets out to discourage men from liking masculine things which is just as bad
>>
>>64168630
It's true to a degree.

If all you like are non masculine things, it's perfectly fitting that you are judged as non masculine. Whether being non masculine is a bad thing or not is a pretty situational thing, though.
>>
wew if someone says i should not listen to the carl THEN I BLAST THEM WITH MY DICK. IN THE PENIS.

no but really I WILL
>>
>>64168676
Yeah but by definition that's not really what feminism is. Sure, there are a bunch of tumblrinas who are blind to their own misandry and they believe a lot of stupid things, but most feminists are not like that. I was forced to take ethics and gender studies classes at my community college before I transferred out and truth be told most feminists are just girls that want to end double standards and stereotypes for both men and women. People are just afraid / angry at SJWs and I think the perceived threat is much larger than the actual threat.
>>
>>64168468
No. The simplest way I can explain it is that when young boys are told they need to "be men" and have it in their head that they need to achieve a certain state of being in order to be of any worth to society, it is destructive. Men are taught to shut up, stop crying, and get shit on and keep moving and while that may make for some tough bastards who can do what needs to be done it's also responsible for the people that shoot up schools, murder each other for capital gain, kill themselves, etc etc,
>>
File: 7559049.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
7559049.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>girl found the cyndi lauper and Kim Wilde songs
>"I-i d-don't listen to it actually it is just there in case someone needs it...""
>>
>>64169001
>Tries to explain away the chick music by acting like a total pussy

Are you not seeing what you did wrong yet? (Hint: It wasn't having music you sincerely enjoy, no matter what it was)
>>
>>64168818
It's difficult to actually gauge who is and is not the vocal minority but its practical application proves to be more important than the textbook definition, and it has that reputation for a reason. However I do agree that people get very up in arms about a whole lot of nothing most of the time.
>>
File: all_fucked_up.jpg (66 KB, 717x550) Image search: [Google]
all_fucked_up.jpg
66 KB, 717x550
This thread kills me. I'm a straight man but I listen almost entirely to feminine music. Pop, indie pop, girly music, female singers, electro, dance music. It's basically all I listen to. I fucking sing along with Carly Rae Jepsen in the shower. I'm a colossal faggot. But I'm straight.

Honestly, as much as I hate tumblr feminism and SJW bullshit, I kind of hope it does become the norm if only so I can be a complete faggot beta cuck who listens to this kind of music and nobody will actually think less of me for it. But of course I'll be an old man by then.

It's so bad I've considered telling people I actually am gay, because it's not like I'm getting laid anytime soon and at least then my music taste and other feminine aspects of myself become understandable and accepted rather than dubious or deterrent.

feels bad man
>>
>>64164946
Because faggot shit
>>
>>64166752
I can't understand what you just typed sorry
>>
>>64169846
Someday you'll find a butch woman who will make you her 'man' and you will both live happily after anon

I've seen several relationships where she wears the trousers and they seemed just as happy as more traditional ones
>>
>>64169530
I think it's equally difficult to gauge the actual impact of feminism's practical application, though. As far as I know this whole SJW panic thing only really started within the past five years or so, or at least made its way into the mainstream. And since then what has feminism ACTUALLY done that's been detrimental to males? Idiots like Sarkeesian just get shut down and even most women don't agree with them.
>>
>>64165153
wow dude you're so cool
>>
>>64165090
I agree.
>>
>>64165864
>400lb tumblr land-whales with blue hair
>gonna kick my ass
HNNNNGGGGGGG
>>
>>64170227
Just go to the closest dyke bar and talk shit at closing time
>>
>>64165063
>>64165169
fucking rekt
>>
Literally no one cares, I'm a guy that listens to manly music (like metal) and girly music (like carly rae jepsen) and I tell people that I listen to both and they don't give a fuck at all. As long as you're secure about your tastes and you don't let the music you listen to define who you are as a person no one will try or even be able to really give you shit about it. Unless you're just the type to get made fun of anyway, then they'll just reach for whatever fodder they can get so it still doesn't matter.
>>
>>64164946
BOY PROBLEMS
WHO'S GOT EM
>>
File: 1461002796543.jpg (6 KB, 181x251) Image search: [Google]
1461002796543.jpg
6 KB, 181x251
>>64165090
>I take a dick up the ass from Ahmed everyday
>stop shaming me for not confirming to society!!!!!!!1
>>
>>64170326
What do you stand to gain from being angry at someone who is homosexual? What does anyone gain from it? You don't have the slightest clue of what I'm talking about

And that has literally nothing to do with what I said but 2/10 for getting my to reply to your shitty bait.
>>
>>64164946
>not cool for guys to listen to girly music (like carly rae jepsen)
but it is
>>
File: WSLwDgn[1].jpg (459 KB, 1582x2400) Image search: [Google]
WSLwDgn[1].jpg
459 KB, 1582x2400
Cool thread and all but let's take a moment to appreciate best girl
>>
>>64165153
>>64165303

You sound like a ball of joy.

To be real though, pants are a pain in the balls sometimes. The Ancient Greeks/Romans, Polynesians, and Scots got it right the whole time.
>>
>>64170006
Maybe, but you can find examples of where overly feminine values have had strange to negative effects on males. It's not so much about notable feminists that you can name making an impact on anything and more about the repercussions that are bound to happen when both men and women are held to feminine standards. It bred the "participation trophy" era.
>>
>>64170597
I like her last CD but in real life she's really creepy and weird
>>
>>64170597

she's really not that pretty t b h
>>
>>64170626
And there are quite possibly dozens more examples of where overly masculine values have had horrible effects on both men and women. I don't want to start sounding like an SJW here but cmon
>>
>>64164946
What are you talking about? Almost all men these days listen to feminine shit like Radiohead, hip hop or metal.
>>
>>64170326
>All my worldviews are based on /pol/ memes

Take a good look at your life dude.
>>
>>64170949
Nobody ever said it didn't.
>>
girls love that I like carly, ur just ugly
>>
>>64165090
true
>>
Because a masculine straight woman can still raise a child but a feminine man is not going to go far in life
>>
File: tfw I like.jpg (38 KB, 480x587) Image search: [Google]
tfw I like.jpg
38 KB, 480x587
>>64164946
>be me
>listens to Taylor Swift and Carly Rae Jepsen
>also listens to soundtracks of Studio Ghibli films, Final Fantasy, Evangelion and Nintendo games
>fear that people will call me a fag and/or a weeaboo
>get along pretty fine and everyone I know likes my music
>I have irl friends and an irl gf
>tfw my music is genuinely good and everyone I know likes it and still live a normal life
I really, really, really, really, really, really like this.
>>
>>64170597
Do want.
>>
>>64170227
nigga get out of your basement
>>
I think it boils to down to the same thing that can be said about any taste in musix, just be secure in what you like, and don't be a faggot about it. Most people you meet in real life really aren't going to give a fuck, especially if they're your real friend, you know?
>>
>>64169001

way to be a total faggot and pussying out.
>>
>>64170227
why did you have a heart attack because of that green text? what did he mean by this?
>>
>>64169846

You'll find someone who thinks your faggotry is cute. Chin up
>>
>>64172404

fucking weeb
>>
>>64173222
Trips speak the truth

I have no shame in admitting I really liked Carly's last album - it was a good fucking album. If you're gonna call me a girl over THAT, then I got some bad news on your gender identity, my man.

As far as OP goes, it's just because men traditionally listen to manly music and liking poppy cute shit makes you a girl, because of some hidden gender ideals nobody likes to talk about. But it doesn't apply to girls, because girls are who usually listen to poppy shit, but it comes off as neat when they have a broader range of music.

I think that's all it is.
>>
>>64165090
>weeb detected
>>
>>64169001
Next time, don't be such a little bitch. If its your jam be proud and stand by it, who the fuck cares what other people think. At the end of the day its your ears and you can listen to whatever the fuck you want.
>>
File: 1460568631532.png (177 KB, 367x321) Image search: [Google]
1460568631532.png
177 KB, 367x321
>>64164946
>mom finds the Carly bucket
>>
>Jepsen: Carlybowl in the Sky
I like it.
>>
>>64167790
came here for this
>>
Usually these threads start with a bunch of fairly ok posts and the devolve into 10 idiots spamming barely coherent, half baked opinons on gender, this thread did the opposite, good work bois
>>
>>64173994
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>64174348
why do we even get so much /r9k/ and /pol/ runoff, what about /mu/ is remotely appealing to those people?
>>
>>64174331
Yeah, surprisingly good thread here.
>>
>>64164946
because masculine interests (ie metal) are respectable but feminine ones (pop like carly rae jepsen) are laughable especially when guys are the ones with those interests

that being said, thats not how i feel, just how society as a whole feels.
>>
>>64164946
Because you're viewing a girl listening to metal from the perspective of a male music listener.

Girls that find a guy who listens to Justin Beiber and Carly Rae Jepsen and so on and so forth probably find a guy cooler for being so open to other forms of music and so secure in his masculinity that he can be open about liking such music. It's all relative bro.

Girls that listen to metal are probably often viewed by other girls as "dykes" or "manly", much like guys who listen to more "girly" music are considered faggots.
>>
>>64165041
its alright for anyone to wear anything. people who try to control what men wear via attacking their masculinity and sexuality, just because theyre offended by the sight of a dude in a skirt, are hilariously pathetic.

it truly is bullshit how widely accepted it is to harass men for being feminine
>>
>>64174373
yeah believe it or not music is not only available to normies
>>
>>64175126
you literally just reiterated what op said. hes asking why....
>>
>>64164972
>Don't mess with homos
>Mess with homos

What are you, gay?
>>
>>64164972
>t. Dyke
>>
>>64175178

I see lots of "girls who like metal" type pages on facebook. Have yet to see a "boys who like pop" page.
>>
>>64165090
True
>>
>>64175126
>metal is respectable
loool
>>
Whenever I got to a bar and jbiebs, rhianna or whatever girly music that I like comes on I'm always singing and dancing to it idgaf whose around me.
>>
The only thing cool for guys to do is get laid.
>>
>>64178009
well, it isnt really respected on here because we're music elitists but among the general public, the more masculine genres like metal, rock, hip hop, etc are definitely more respectable and seen as acceptable (for men) to like

>>64178107
you have to be 18 to use this board
>>
I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really
>>
>>64175785
Yes
>>64176161
Nah I'm a fag but I'm not a faggot
>>
>>64164946
Girls can get away with a lot more than guys for the sake of it being "cute". There's not much more to it.
>>
File: large.jpg (24 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
24 KB, 500x288
Marina is great aswell
>>
File: 1460263680495.jpg (570 KB, 1750x2500) Image search: [Google]
1460263680495.jpg
570 KB, 1750x2500
>>64165039
>>64165041
>>64164946
>>64167790
>>64169846

eh desu cause masculinity > femininity so girls being manly is seen as getting ahead but men being girly is falling behind

also nice music discussion
>>
>>64164946
because your sacred. Embrace that shit
>>
>>64164946
because femininity is useless apart from girls being cute
>>
>>64164946
because you're a poofter that obviously cares about what people think of you.
>>
>>64168946
but that's great
>>
>>64169846
>t, I kind of hope it does become the norm if only so I can be a complete faggot beta cuck who listens to this kind of music and nobody will actually think less of me for it.

found the root ideology of every SJW ever

"let's remove standards so I feel better about being a complete failure"
>>
>Why is it cool for women to act like men but not for men to act like women
>>
>>64165041
It's not fashionable, and they don't sell kilts at JC Pennys
>>
>>64165090
Whatever nerd
If you weren't a little bitch you wouldn't even be bothered
>>
>>64167790
one of the only reasonable posts itt
>>
>>64175178
>Girls that find a guy who listens to Justin Beiber and Carly Rae Jepsen and so on and so forth probably find a guy cooler for being so open to other forms of music and so secure in his masculinity that he can be open about liking such music.
That's some heavy wishful thinking bruv
>>
File: 1459631632601.png (70 KB, 391x600) Image search: [Google]
1459631632601.png
70 KB, 391x600
Why do you give a fuck what people think about your music tastes?
>>
>>64181797
Welcome to /mu/
It's literally "Do i fit in yet?": The board.
>>
>>64172404
Kys
>>
What are you talking about? It's not cool for anyone to like metal or carly rae jizzem
>>
Feminism has allowed women to become men but not the other way around
>>
>not realising every self-respecting nu-male incessantly harps on about carly/sky/lana to distance themselves from their 15+ year white guys with guitars "phase" and to show how lolprogressive they are

It's like you spergs have never visited rateyourmusic, or something.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.